OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

If you own a significant amount of stock I think you should 100% be writting OTM calls, especially with the vix holding 20 rn. Its basically free money.

Yep, things have been stagnant for a lot of stocks so writing OTM both ways have been doing well. Just need to funnel more money into my account.

9C0834DA-F9AE-4A6F-B203-7B623534E890.png

Any of yall sell options? My boy put me onto cash-secured puts & covered calls. He's been doing really well ($3200 from opening and closing on contracts last week alone). I ain't got capital like him though :lol:
Selling options naked is the easiest way to have 99% success rate and blow up an entire account. I’d only sell puts in stocks I WANTED to get long in with size I wanted to have.

RTP rumors of Joby Aviation. Bought 25 shares of ZNTE on that. Rumor was Lilium originally.

edit: actually selling ZNTE to buy more TalkSpace instead HEC

Last edited:
Dave had how many shares? And there's folks holding bags with 300 shares or less just trying to do a quick come up for a quick hundred bucks? There are big time investors swaying things more than you can imagine. He may have started the red dump. I'm surprised what happened with GME happened. Lots of selfish people out there and GME kept it going for quite awhile.

Could Dave be invested for fraud or manipulation?

Dave had how many shares? And there's folks holding bags with 300 shares or less just trying to do a quick come up for a quick hundred bucks? There are big time investors swaying things more than you can imagine. He may have started the red dump. I'm surprised what happened with GME happened. Lots of selfish people out there and GME kept it going for quite awhile.

Could Dave be invested for fraud or manipulation?

Investigated? Sure.

Convicted of anything? Nah.

Selling options naked is the easiest way to have 99% success rate and blow up an entire account. I’d only sell puts in stocks I WANTED to get long in with size I wanted to have.

I'm a never nude so nakedness here.

Selling puts OTM at a strike price where you go "hm, damn dat dere some cheap shares"
  1. Contract expires, you keep premium.
  2. You end up with shares that you thought were cheap plus keep the premium
Selling calls OTM at a strike price where you go "hm, damn dat dere good price to sell and take in profits"
  1. Contract expires, you keep premium and the shares you put up as collateral.
  2. You sell your shares at a price that satisfies you plus keep the premium
Definitely not without risks. One if the company goes bankrupt, you're properly ****ed. Other, the stock runs up and you get FOMO. Very new to this so I'm gonna keep dabbling and peep the results. Not as exciting as playing the momentum stocks, but I'm good with a steady-ish cash flow.

Last edited:
It’s the smartest way to build a long position honestly. Long as you’re doing it for that reason and not trying to YOLO easy premiums it’s a great strategy.

Cathie has been buying SHOP daily this entire run up. Next time you think a stock has run too much or you want to wait for it to get to a good price, remember what the suits do.

O bless Cathy's heart! I worked hard to break even today and came back from dinner to a stack sitting there. She is undefeated.

Back
Top Bottom