OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

S southernhospita

I get it, those are all a valid critiques. If you know what you’re doing then you should be fine with whatever platform works for you, even RH.

My gripe is that RH targets younger/inexperienced investors and makes it super easy to make risky bets. They also don’t offer much research. I’ve never had Fidelity freeze more than a couple seconds. RH froze for HOURS last year during one of the worst trading days of the year, so people lost a ton. And now the whole not being able to buy YOLO stocks ordeal, people lost a ton again. They can have the best UI in the world but they’re still trash as a company, borderline criminal.

Sold 57/87 SQ this week. Between 20-27% gains from Jan 21st.

Sold all 126 NVTA this week also. 11% gains from Jan 26th.

I’m only holding 30 SQ right now almost all cash. Market feels too euphoric. Up like 25% in three weeks. Amazing. I’ll buy back in when people are panic selling.
Nice trades. Loving SQ and would want to add any dips. Think this could be a trillion dollar stock in a decade.

they keep swiping the lows in TDOC. Those wicks :pimp:

S southernhospita

I get it, those are all a valid critiques. If you know what you’re doing then you should be fine with whatever platform works for you, even RH.

My gripe is that RH targets younger/inexperienced investors and makes it super easy to make risky bets. They also don’t offer much research. I’ve never had Fidelity freeze more than a couple seconds. RH froze for HOURS last year during one of the worst trading days of the year, so people lost a ton. And now the whole not being able to buy YOLO stocks ordeal, people lost a ton again. They can have the best UI in the world but they’re still trash as a company, borderline criminal.

I agree it’s borderline criminal that they didn’t let people waste their money on yolo stocks (they should have let them have the freedom to do so )

The uncomfortable truth is those same risky bets could be made on all other platforms regardless
You would have to blame social media for the exposure to the market in general

RH been out (to my understanding since 2012)
And I only heard of it in 2018
A lot of those situation that you speak of could have easily been fixed if they had someone to call and help with those issue
That’s always going to be a stain on them until they get one
I’m just saying I understand on why people use it

I also think that at this point in the game
All these platforms need some type of certification for its users to have certain access to different ways to play the market

maybe a test or something
At least have the users prove they have a clear understanding of what they are trying to do before they get access to do it
For example nobody should have access to trading options unless they can show they have a understanding of it
Same thing as having access to trading margin

Idk but I hope so. My 220 shares of FUBO would greatly appreciate it since PLTR has been killing me the past few days.
I debated dropping PLTR or FUBO earlier in the week. Went against the dude johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm only because FUBO was my biggest winner in 2020 and thought it deserved one more chance. I also can't get out of my head someone saying PLTR is like McKinsey without smart people LOL.

Nice trades. Loving SQ and would want to add any dips. Think this could be a trillion dollar stock in a decade.

they keep swiping the lows in TDOC. Those wicks :pimp:

I didn’t even really want to sell but I had incrementally higher orders that kept filling. After the big 10% run that one day I wanted to start locking in the gains. Now I can take a breather from actively trading and take some time to read up on other stocks I want to get into.

TDOC and AMWL interest me. I was debating going to urgent care or not this morning and then I was like wait, we have the technology. I used an app called K Health and chatted sent pictures to a doctor. And he said yea, I need to go to urgent care. Now I’m taken care of resting up watching Curiosity. Maybe TDOC and CURI are the next moves. Buy what you use right? :lol:

I didn’t even really want to sell but I had incrementally higher orders that kept filling. After the big 10% run that one day I wanted to start locking in the gains. Now I can take a breather from actively trading and take some time to read up on other stocks I want to get into.

TDOC and AMWL interest me. I was debating going to urgent care or not this morning and then I was like wait, we have the technology. I used an app called K Health and chatted sent pictures to a doctor. And he said yea, I need to go to urgent care. Now I’m taken care of resting up watching Curiosity. Maybe TDOC and CURI are the next moves. Buy what you use right? :lol:
Main reason I bought PACE today. As a teacher I know the system and resources suck, why not speculate on something that will redefine my career.

FUBO works well for a trade when the chart is set up. It’s just a **** investment.

Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 02/13/2021. Tesla retests bottom of consolidation zone at $785, then bounces back. If support at $802 doesn’t hold next week we could see Tesla retest $790 and if that level doesn’t hold it’ll retest the 50DMA at $752. However, if support at $802 holds, Tesla could bounce back to retest resistance at around $845. It’s important to note that the MACD and RSI indicators are leaning bearish.

Tesla news this week includes:
  • Tesla buys $1.5 billion in bitcoin, plans to accept it as payment

****ing Puru just pumped GHVI. I’m gonna have to pay up probably to add to my position. $17.91 after hours. Won’t break below 16 bleh. Will chase dips Tuesday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom