OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

$SOS

You’re welcome

I’d you’re not in at least one Bitcoin related stock at this point, I don’t know what to tell u

Might have to average down on SNDL for a while
Whatever
I’m more focused on options anyway
I’m just holding that on my RH account until the restriction is lifted (I keep forgetting to not treat it like a day trade account since I don’t have 25K )

Now I go to get that **** somewhere else

Riot dumped for a day or two. You just never know. It does almost feel like gambling.

These long term established plays johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm are the way to go

And If you don't like that, go into the sp500, sp400, or Russell index with your 401k.

And at the lowest level, throw $20,000 into a 25-30 year compound interest savings bond/account.

Riot dumped for a day or two. You just never know. It does almost feel like gambling.

These long term established plays johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm are the way to go

And If you don't like that, go into the sp500, sp400, or Russell index with your 401k.

And at the lowest level, throw $20,000 into a 25-30 year compound interest savings bond/account.
What most people should be doing. I'm more bullish than most ITT, I think we're poised for another 5-7 years of really solid equity returns, as the market just tends to rally coming out of a recession.

Keeping cash is nonsense imo but that's just me.

I divested half my money to crypto it feels like.

There will be a huge dip on it someday. But it’ll rally quick IMO. Too much momentum for crypto to not have a huge stake of currency exchange in the future.

Be careful trying to make money, just focus on refining your process, managing risk and being consistent. The real money comes after that. I’m a big bitcoin bull and respect projects with real use cases, just be very selective with what you accumulate and have fun trading the rest.

Posting to read this later. NCNO no position.

Is there anyone who prefers dividend investing VS growth

If I reach my goal on options this year I may turn a hood focus on actually buying and holding shares at least for a good swing
Adding money here and there and swinging positions has been kind cool
Especially with fractional shares
I like the fact of just saying I got X amount of dollars here instead of just saying I can only afford this amount of shares with these amount of money

I’m still trying to figure out what I want long long term positions in other than Apple.

But Bitcoin and ETH to a lesser extent are stores of value for me. Money that would be spent on extra **** and putting it in the bank, would be a negative over the time period I’m thinking of holding things.

Only places I have money is 3 spots
1. for student loans, once I hit a target, into the savings account it goes. As inflation doesn’t impact that aspect for me. What I owe is what I owe, and don’t feel comfortable with any risk on it tbh.
2. Having enough for a couple months liquid.
3. Preparing for a new move coming up in the summer.

Last edited:
Cash is only good if you want to buy dips. Otherwise, it’s pointless. I’d be 100% no money in the bank if I was single.

Dont temp me.

I’m starting to think maybe I should expand my gambling portfolio from 5% to 25%. Have the other 75% allocated to AAPL, SQ, TDOC,ROKU, PINS.

Use that 25% on quick flips on dips of volatile stocks like PTON, DKNG. The SPACs that can make a 20% run up in a week. The CURI, SNAP that i dont want to hold for a year plus. And also on the dumb ones like SNDL, FUBO. Have a % profit in mind and get in and get out no matter the run up.

Technical analysis on cryptocurrency Dogecoin for week ending 02/13/2021. Dogecoin experiences not one but TWO flash crashes this week. The first crash was a drop of 35% and the second drop was 27%! The second crash confirmed a potential trend reversal to the downside as Dogecoin made a lower low. By the end of the week, Doge broke out of the downtrend channel but still closely hovered the top of the channel to the downside. BUT, it has put in a higher low thus possibly indicating another trend reversal to the upside.

Dogecoin news this week includes:
  • Elon Musk tweets more Dogecoin
  • YouTuber Mr. Beast tweets he may have to go all in on Dogecoin
  • Tesla buys $1.5 billion in bitcoin, plans to accept it as payment

I have ZERO cash and I won't have any ever of I can help it.

I used to keep one month of living expenses on hand now I keep a third of that.
This is just WILD to me.

I was just talking to my cousin about being at my crypto limit in good conscience. In reality, I have made more gains in crypto the last 15 days than I did in the 2020 stock market on a percentage basis. I should be all in at this point. I should also be in more stocks. But the thought of losing the money I worked so hard for just prevents me from not sitting on 80% cash. I have a house to purchase soon and three mouths to feed. If we experienced something like March and I were exposed, I put our futures in jeopardy. Just can't do it.

When I get over the house hump, I will probably be reckless as hell lol.

bag Hold snap. Best positioned for boom of AR advertising
I was turning into a SNAP bull and discussing AR ads with my friend and he straight up said, do you really think they’re the only ones that will do that? And I paused and said you’re right, no, and instantly became a big U bull since they power the tech behind SNAP’s AR ads venture. I do like SNAP overall (very expensive up here though) but it might be best to just go for the jugular with the source that should eventually work with everyone.

I don’t believe in dividend investing if you’re in the growth stage of your life, but I do LOVE stocks with good growth that offer dividends like MSFT AAPL NVDA etc

I was actually about to post this and it fits the convo perfectly

Growth investing will eventually have more volatility and be harder, but that’s why you need to search for the opportunities that are misunderstood or under developed. Thematics first, fundamentals second has become my process here.

This is just WILD to me.

I was just talking to my cousin about being at my crypto limit in good conscience. In reality, I have made more gains in crypto the last 15 days than I did in the 2020 stock market on a percentage basis. I should be all in at this point. I should also be in more stocks. But the thought of losing the money I worked so hard for just prevents me from not sitting on 80% cash. I have a house to purchase soon and three mouths to feed. If we experienced something like March and I were exposed, I put our futures in jeopardy. Just can't do it.

When I get over the house hump, I will probably be reckless as hell lol.
Excellent perspective fam, do the right thing and take care of the family :nthat:

Is there anyone who prefers dividend investing VS growth

I do both. I take my gains from my growth stocks and buy more dividend stocks.

the goal is to have dividends cover my living expenses, so dividend and growth investing go hand in hand to me.

what do you guys use for charting? I need something to make custom trend lines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom