OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I mean tripling puts it at nearly a $3 trillion market cap. They better hit a home run on FSD and renewable energy/battery storage for that to happen.

MSTR raises another 600 million for more bitcoin. Crazy. Just wait for the influx of companies adding bitcoin. It’ll be the same thing as them all adding dot com to their names in 99.

don’t chase this gap up. We probably wash out at the open and then build a trend at 945-10am. Buying the close and selling the open has been the cheat code this bull run.

I mean tripling puts it at nearly a $3 trillion market cap. They better hit a home run on FSD and renewable energy/battery storage for that to happen.

Elon Musk = Babe Ruth
I expect them to be selling 20 million cars/year, have FSD taxis everywhere, their own insurance boomin, solar and HVAC going up, batteries continuing to be superior. Surely some other things

new factory coming in India just announced. Could be wrong, but i believe all of this and will continue building my long term position

Hope it happens for ya fam :nthat:

wish I bought more SQ man. Sheesh.

earnings season is going to be great and you should see some big sell offs to close it out. It’ll be much needed and very healthy long term. Don’t be out here chasing at this point. Just relax, look for the best value, find great companies that are misunderstood, and be patient.

I took my extra SPACs off because this market is only growing more inflated and needs to come in. When I see that, I sell my worst assets to raise money to add to my best ones on pull backs. See what you have in your book today that isn’t a 10 year hold and weigh whether or not it’s an asset you should be adding to or not.

Hope it happens for ya fam :nthat:

wish I bought more SQ man. Sheesh.

earnings season is going to be great and you should see some big sell offs to close it out. It’ll be much needed and very healthy long term. Don’t be out here chasing at this point. Just relax, look for the best value, find great companies that are misunderstood, and be patient.

I took my extra SPACs off because this market is only growing more inflated and needs to come in. When I see that, I sell my worst assets to raise money to add to my best ones on pull backs. See what you have in your book today that isn’t a 10 year hold and weigh whether or not it’s an asset you should be adding to or not.

u think sq gonna go up big?

Last edited:
Question about asset allocation strategy during the crash in March 2020. What did everyone do during that crash with their 401k and investment portfolios?

Did you let the 401k ride it out or did you try to rebalance? Did you put stop loss limits on your names to take in profits or did you plan to ride it out?

In retrospect, anyone who “bought the dip” got some discounts of a lifetime (until the next crash or recession at least) but the markets during March were wild. We were hitting limit downs right at the open and almost every other hour at one point. Some people were DCA-ing only to see that the markets hit new lows the next day before they almost eventually ran out of cash to buy anymore dips because they got caught trying to catch a falling knife. While the market did recover, obviously, many were skeptical at first as many still thought that there was still significant downside risk (I learned not to underestimate the Fed).

That crash was a huge learning experience so I’d see what everyone’s strategies were to see if we could all learn from it. It’s obviously impossible to “time the market” but seeing all of the prior year’s gains being wiped out and then some was absolutely terrifying, even if I’m a “long-term” investor.
I rotated all of my cash into SPY in tranches around the market bottom and blew out of all of my other ETFs in my accounts and went single stock. I didn't want to risk my cash in single-stock exposure at the time... I have since sold that SPY and its all in single names now. Still at zero cash, not even tripping over it.

Didn't touch my 401k either didn't see the point there especially. I have no desire for fixed income exposure of any kind, it will stay 100% Equities until I retire.

This market is an irrational girlfriend at a bar after 6 or 7 shots while you had just a couple beers. Exciting in the moment but will end with a fight and a toilet bowl. I am about as bearish as I've ever been. This stuff just cant continue.

Meanwhile I'm about 75% in crypto, which is generally an illusion, so **** me, right?

Life's a gamble.

HAAC and HAACW are acting like a deal might be soon. $600 million PIPE from General Catalysts increased the trust. This could become more explosive than CMLF. Long 250 shares, 50 warrants. Not buying anymore up here but would be a buyer in the 13s.

HAAC and HAACW are acting like a deal might be soon. $600 million PIPE from General Catalysts increased the trust. This could become more explosive than CMLF. Long 250 shares, 50 warrants. Not buying anymore up here but would be a buyer in the 13s.
Do you have permanent stops active for all your holdings?

Wish I got more shares of HAAC, only have 50 shares cuz my dumb *** went to do the stupid AMC junk :smh:

ROKU might be getting into content creation based on job postings. This could lead to CML Pro dropping them. Just an FYI. if they got into content, I’d be trimming my position down by 30-50%.

content creation would just cut into their margins and take away from their core business without adding much value. Not the best idea.

Elon Musk = Babe Ruth
I expect them to be selling 20 million cars/year, have FSD taxis everywhere, their own insurance boomin, solar and HVAC going up, batteries continuing to be superior. Surely some other things

new factory coming in India just announced. Could be wrong, but i believe all of this and will continue building my long term position
They're working on a e-bike too, even went as far as studying ours :lol:

Back
Top Bottom