OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

The indices (spx,comp) are heavily tech/growth weighted so when theres a rotation out it overstates the selloff, which then causes everything else to actually sell off. Look at the green names today and find a trend.
happening to ark funds. they might get murdered and i would be SUPER cautious if in those funds. especially arkg.

Last edited:
:pimp:

I'm still bearish AF and holding my short position. Massive profits.

Contrary to what some might think, I am not always bearish. I was heavily long basically from summer all the way through Biden's election. 3x leveraged long Nasdaq, made plenty of money as a bull. I just understand that markets don't go straight up. I have successfully shorted or gone all cash before pretty much every drop since 2018 (when I started posting in this thread). Check my post history.

Reading some of the desperate/depressed comments here you would think it's Armageddon in the markets, SPY is down like 3% from the top :lol:. I'm guessing a whole bunch of inexperienced folks or those using high margin. Total opposite from a few weeks ago when so much bragging about gains was going on (part of why I shorted in the first place).

A good lesson, 2020 "easy money, stonks go up everyday, buy anything and make 200% profit" was an aberrant occurrence, if you are feeling even slightly desperate/depressed due to this tiny drop you really need to rethink your investment strategy and mindset. Anyone who has been trading/investing back when markets somewhat followed reality (pre-2017, or better, pre-2011) knows this.

SPY down 3%, what will you do in a 50% drop that takes years to recover ?
Sounds like you lived through 2008.

happening to ark funds. they might get murdered and i would be SUPER cautious if in those funds. especially arkg.
I’ve got a hedge with arkk. 110-100 put spread expiring on the 19th. Wouldn’t shock me if it hit. They’re gunning for her. Arkg could get really ugly since she owns the float in every stock.

have stops at break even for SQ and SE. SE my average is 160 so I’m ok there but SQ could hit by Friday since it’s 215. Not trying to push things and go negative on late buys.

Saw this on WSB dude was trading so bad and loosing money so quickly the Fidelity wrote him and express their concerns and to make sure it wasn’t anyone else making bad trades to make him lose money on purpose
THIS IS WILD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smh: :smh: :smh:
0DC616F3-DBB1-4C37-A24D-4A04247DA155.jpeg

Bot some space SPACs

25 shares in each VACQ, HOL and NSH

Filled another risk reversal in PINS Jan 23 80-100 call spread, sold the 45-40 put spread, paid 3.25 which is pricier than I normally would like but I wanted more PINS exposure.

Debating selling some penny stocks that I’m down on to lower my tax bill and buy back in after a month. I’m just shook I do that and then some of them start running :lol:

Back in FTCH for a starter. 25 shares. Wanted to be a buyer at 45, not sure if it'll happen. I'll add more if it does.

This is it boys, we've got the bottom. Nothing but uppsies from here.

Hope you bought the dip

I figured I'd do that annoying shxt that perma-bears always do. If you call it all the time, eventually you'll be right one day.

One of these days, I'll be right too.
the fact that we're gonna close green makes me think you might be right this time

One thing I'm learning about what is going on here is the ability to be agile and recognize rotations.

I've not been in the markets long enough to have the experience to recognize such rotations. In that, I'm a buy and hold for many years. I hardly ever sell (moreso in the last year)

But what is going on here is clear as day. The recover stocks and oil for example are killing it during this tech/ high growth assault.

There's no reason to be all cash here. This is not an entire stock market downturn

Sometimes we get so myopic that we don't look elsewhere. It's good to have strong convictions on your biggest positions but I'm learning to be open to look elsewhere for opportunity where it presents itself.

Back
Top Bottom