OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

This Tesla slander has got me thinking I need to find some cash soon to add to my Tesla position 😂.

Levels here are looking slightly attractive

Haven't added since the $400s

This Tesla slander has got me thinking I need to find some cash soon to add to my Tesla position 😂.

Levels here are looking slightly attractive

Haven't added since the $400s
Dont worry, I'll let you know when I sell the shares I have so you can jump in. I've never missed a chance to miss a chance with Tesla :lol:

You guys are discounting how much employers want employees to never leave. My office has doctors on staff ( I do not work in healthcare) in the building partly so we don't have to leave for minor things. Imagine when they can leverage telehealth

Came in to make this same point. It is a huge factor.
Lol so true. A lady on my team always goes out of her way to mention how her old gig had a doctor in the building for check-ups. I always think who tf cares? lol

I am 99% cash aside from my speculative crypto plays. I am waiting to either jump back into value stocks or when P/E multiples drop to the 7-10x range for growth stocks.
Lol, you waiting for 2025 or something?

I am adding to NFLX..... put a limit order for 519 today and was shocked it was able to fill lol

Ding ding ding. This here is it!!!

Y'all have completely missed the boat on Tesla if you think it's just about the electric vehicles.

The amount of data alone that Tesla has puts it well ahead of any other vehicle maker as far as autonomous driving is concerned. They are far ahead of anyone else.
Exactly. They are not a player in the car market and their valuation has nothing to do with it. They have to take over the battery market, the shingles market, the space race, and every other thing they are doing lol. Between antitrust and failure, I am not seeing it.

I also think people are over-selling autonomous and its utility. People are rejecting it outright - they dont like robots. It is very difficult to find areas that even allow pilots to run. The data needed to safeguard is beyond what anyone can produce, including Tesla. Lidar technology is crazy but it is still very difficult to capture and process.

I just ran my numbers. Daily close below the neckline on the Nasdaq. I think we see blood again tomorrow. If Phillips can get the yield curve under control maybe we see a swing but Powell is a clown right now and the money isn't buying the news him and the admin are selling.

If the stimmy gets approved maybe that will save a day or two.

I’ve rebalanced my book a couple of times and I’ll admit I’ve overtraded this entire correction. I was too long in too many places and I definitely wasn’t feeling comfortable anymore. I cut my allocation in TDOC to 5% and that makes me feel much more comfortable. I love telehealth and remote monitoring, but the stock itself is broken and can’t find a bid (along with the market) and I can’t be stressing over things. I’ve got room here to buy more ROKU, add into JMIA again, start a FTCH position, buy more FSLY, get long CURI via stock again or buy more HAAC. I could do a lot and that flexibility leaves me feeling comfortable and less worried and stressed.

What correction are you speaking of? SPY is 13 points from it's all time high. Nothing has happened yet. Like what about FTCH is promising after 7xing in the last year?

I just ran my numbers. Daily close below the neckline on the Nasdaq. I think we see blood again tomorrow. If Phillips can get the yield curve under control maybe we see a swing but Powell is a clown right now and the money isn't buying the news him and the admin are selling.

If the stimmy gets approved maybe that will save a day or two.

Yea nasdaq is not looking good. If it were a peak I'd swear it was a false break. The confluence of events seem clear as day yet somehow I have the feeling this isnt gonna go how I think its gonna go.

The comodity/value/inflation trade almost seems crowded at this point. Large money made the move a month ago and are sitting on their hands, which is what the volume and volatility has looked like, no bids to lift anything up, just traders playing with each other. Theres no way big money comes back in to save growth stocks with the rates impacting valuations the way they are. Either the fed does something about these rates or we wait til next earnings season gives some new inputs for these pricing models.

They keep saying this rate increase is bullish for the overall economy and the rise is expected to be temporary but all this bond stuff is out of my wheelhouse lol. Theres definitely an interesting dynamic going on right now.

Haven’t looked under the hood at anything in tech huh?
Sure QQQ is down 9% from the highs 3 weeks ago....everyone in here said a correction needs to happen and was begging for it.....but that's 9% in Tech/Growth....which is going to be the most volatile after doubling since covid low. An overall bigger correction hasn't started though. QQQ topped at 219 in January 2020.....and in about a year has just topped 336 and everyone is losing their minds that they got a little haircut. Just feels like a great deal of people have too much out there the way the reactions are to small blips along the way.

edit: If people are supposedly buying things for the long term and buying dips...then they shouldn't be affected by another 2% drop days after buying the previous dip.....you're not going to get to buy something everyday something goes negative.

Sure QQQ is down 9% from the highs 3 weeks ago....everyone in here said a correction needs to happen and was begging for it.....but that's 9% in Tech/Growth....which is going to be the most volatile after doubling since covid low. An overall bigger correction hasn't started though. QQQ topped at 219 in January 2020.....and in about a year has just topped 336 and everyone is losing their minds that they got a little haircut. Just feels like a great deal of people have too much out there the way the reactions are to small blips along the way.
If your cost basis for QQQ related stocks is anywhere close to being equivalent to 200 or lower in aggregate, you have nothing to worry about.

My sentiments reflect the nature of my portfolio. I change stocks too often and do not follow QQQ broadly so as to increase the potential for gains. I have significantly outperformed QQQ over the last year.

Concentration makes you rich. Diversification keeps you rich.

Need to be looking at the carnage in the individual names. The index isn’t going to reflect the big picture as quickly as the leaders do because of the big liquids. Most growth stocks are 25-50% off of their highs. That’s correction territory. At some point the index will catch up or consolidate, but for right now, there is no bid in tech and the 200 day looks like a real magnet.

I was monitoring the drops in % for tech stocks during Covid and most were (20-40%) drops. The big ones too. We’re right in that category right now without any significant global event.

Steady here NT fam. Stick to your strategy. If the volatility is scary, it may be time to pull your capital out and reassess that strategy and reflect on your true risk tolerance and your true conviction timeline.

If your conviction on the business has changed, get out. If not, keep buying the dips in stages so you don’t blow your load too early. Buy your hedges if needed.

The market was easy last year, and now that it’s harder, time to learn some lessons. Stay the course! Or take a break, preserve your cash, and do nothing. You’ll live to invest another day. Don’t forget that the goal of your portfolio is to make money. Short term Losses hurt, and they’re a part of the journey to making money in the market in the long term.

i agree with u on the opening pton gyms but dont we have that alreeady in NYC with the soulcycle spinning gyms? who knows maybe then can take over with branding power
The in-person classes at the Peloton studio in NYC convinced me to buy a Peloton for home. Think the brand is just too strong compared to competitors.

I like the stock.

While most are buying the dip, I'm shorting even more. That monthly candle is nasty. If it turns red... look out below.

:pimp:

I'm still bearish AF and holding my short position. Massive profits.

Contrary to what some might think, I am not always bearish. I was heavily long basically from summer all the way through Biden's election. 3x leveraged long Nasdaq, made plenty of money as a bull. I just understand that markets don't go straight up. I have successfully shorted or gone all cash before pretty much every drop since 2018 (when I started posting in this thread). Check my post history.

Reading some of the desperate/depressed comments here you would think it's Armageddon in the markets, SPY is down like 3% from the top :lol:. I'm guessing a whole bunch of inexperienced folks or those using high margin. Total opposite from a few weeks ago when so much bragging about gains was going on (part of why I shorted in the first place).

A good lesson, 2020 "easy money, stonks go up everyday, buy anything and make 200% profit" was an aberrant occurrence, if you are feeling even slightly desperate/depressed due to this tiny drop you really need to rethink your investment strategy and mindset. Anyone who has been trading/investing back when markets somewhat followed reality (pre-2017, or better, pre-2011) knows this.

SPY down 3%, what will you do in a 50% drop that takes years to recover ?

:pimp:

I'm still bearish AF and holding my short position. Massive profits.

Contrary to what some might think, I am not always bearish. I was heavily long basically from summer all the way through Biden's election. 3x leveraged long Nasdaq, made plenty of money as a bull. I just understand that markets don't go straight up. I have successfully shorted or gone all cash before pretty much every drop since 2018 (when I started posting in this thread). Check my post history.

Reading some of the desperate/depressed comments here you would think it's Armageddon in the markets, SPY is down like 3% from the top :lol:. I'm guessing a whole bunch of inexperienced folks or those using high margin. Total opposite from a few weeks ago when so much bragging about gains was going on (part of why I shorted in the first place).

A good lesson, 2020 "easy money, stonks go up everyday, buy anything and make 200% profit" was an aberrant occurrence, if you are feeling even slightly desperate/depressed due to this tiny drop you really need to rethink your investment strategy and mindset. Anyone who has been trading/investing back when markets somewhat followed reality (pre-2017, or better, pre-2011) knows this.

SPY down 3%, what will you do in a 50% drop that takes years to recover ?
Hold and reap profits?

The indices (spx,comp) are heavily tech/growth weighted so when theres a rotation out it overstates the selloff, which then causes everything else to actually sell off. Look at the green names today and find a trend.

Back
Top Bottom