OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

PTON will be fine and they'll continue growing even without a pandemic. Their leadership hasnt steered them wrong yet.

A lot of green in the port this morning, but nothing really moving the needle. It's still early, but my biggest takeaways are FCEL, up 4.6% and AMC (forgot I still had this) which is up 6.1%. JMIA is at 3.5% ehhhh.

PTON's biggest market test will be the number post COVID recovery.

If they can sustain then its going to be a long term play. They need the staying power of a lifestyle company versus a fitness fad.

Damn I was up a good chunk and then that fell off a cliff. Was thinking how crazy it was gonna be to have two great days in a row

Can't believe he's doing this, so early. Might as well make it retroactive for the whole year and just give the finger to everybody.

Why do this in 2021 at all? This should have waited until at least 2023. But this is what happens when your economy is completely tethered to politics.

I would reasonably assume that all the cap gains rates are gonna move.

You guys need to come join your boy on Team NEVER SELL.

Cap gains are also double taxes but whatever that part of the construct will never go away.

Isnt the cap gains tax increase only for those making more than 400K per year? Or did I mishear this.

Its also about velocity, not so much the size. You can't adjust your life fast enough to combat a tax increase of this size that fast.

People will invariably gift less, consume less, all to hedge a tax bill.

On a day like today, you're going to see more selling cause people will want to harvest losses every chance they get, therefore creating more selling pressure & more vol (more theory from me I don't have math for this one).

At least that's how I'm thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom