OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

What do you guys think about this theory of stocks staying stagnant until this crypto explosion has a major correction or crashes?

My cousin is up close to 180% in crypto and 16% in stocks in the same time period. He’s literally considering taking all his money out of the market and just go all in on crypto until this thing pops.

crypto was an eye opener to me.

I was like nah I’m good I got a pension and a Roth.

now I’m like f that pension. :lol: but that’s what got me into stocks too. Not like I’m super heavy into them but I figure why not? Good to have a backup plan. I wouldn’t do that but that’s just me. I like keeping them separate.

I had homies buying it 8 years ago, I should have listened but hey, they have long sold off too and now I got a bigger position than them. They just made 100k+ already. :lol:

Yea im split about 60/30/10 via stocks/crypto/savings right now. Seeing people make money just by holding absolute garbage alt coins or DCA into BTC and ETH is making me greedy though.

Most my money is in my Roth I’ve had for years. I just started buying crypto and land and that took a good chunk of my actual cash but I figured it’s making me nothing sitting in the bank, I still have some on deck but I cleared a lot out this winter. :lol:

yeah, I never stop buying crypto. Even when it’s high and I’m waaaay over doubled up.

I just do the basic dca strategy. Nothing crazy.

Had no idea Revel teamed up with TSLA to have an all Tesla ride sharing experience here in NYC. Every Taxi really about to be a Tesla.

Still have no crypto. But I’m up 15% in the market since January and have slowly moved to 90% cash the past couple weeks. Gotta re-evaluate. It’s been a battle since March.

Crypto ballooned into being most of my portfolio through its insane growth
It does make me uncomfortable, but it also makes me a lot of money
I try not to think about how much more I'd have if I put more money in
Crypto at one point was $ for $ with my entire stock account due to appreciation. Wound up trimming some to raise money for air conditioning units for the house and buying some stocks but still very long and looking to buy back the crypto I sold over time.

my wife handles all of our finances/investments. she’s great with money and is the reason why we’re not living with our kids in a van down by the river. but right now, i’m selling off most of the shoes i have left and instead of buying more dumb crap, i’m throwing money into stocks and crypto. some of the shoes i have appreciated like crazy! i know less than zero about it but it’s entertaining to watch my portfolios roller coaster. if i lose it all, it’s all good. if i can make some money, that’s cool too. i never used to venture into these threads but it’s a new chapter in my life and i thank all of you who offer information and assistance. of course right now, my crypto is way outperforming my stocks. if it crashes down, hopefully i’ll still have fun money to keep pumping into it.

Dca into an index fund and own a basket of high quality stocks of different volatility levels.

index fund will be comprised of apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Tesla, nvda. All great companies. If I’m new I’d probably do 50% there just to be safe and compound easily while I learn.

I have like 90% of my money 50/50 in VQNPX and VFIAX
I wish I started with a Roth cause I’m never gonna withdraw but I don’t wanna lose my entry points (someone school me on this if there’s a better way)

had crypto but sold it like a noob in 2017/18
Had 11 Litecoin left up until this year and then sold it at 135ish to play around with on robinhood but now I’m gonna cash that cause it’s not going anywhere

Dca into an index fund and own a basket of high quality stocks of different volatility levels.

index fund will be comprised of apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Tesla, nvda. All great companies. If I’m new I’d probably do 50% there just to be safe and compound easily while I learn.
yup.
Just checked my s&p 500 index fund, which tries to track the s&p 500.
top ten securities are:
6% apple / 5% Microsoft/ 4% Amazon/ 2% fb/ then 1% each of alphabet, alphabet, berkshire, j&j , jp Morgan.
the question I wonder is, do I also invest individually into some of these? Seems like one would want to diversify even more

That’s what my Roth does so I try to do a little more wildcard stuff with my Webull account but I’m still 80-90% long term stuff any given day and a couple trades going.

That’s what my Roth does so I try to do a little more wildcard stuff with my Webull account but I’m still 80-90% long term stuff any given day and a couple trades going.
Just looked at the top 10 on the sp400, Russell 1000, and us reit. Us reit has a 9% stake in prologis, but the larger majority (35 of the 40 ) appear to be total randoms with less than 2% stake on these. Plug power is one. Cesar and penn National on a few. But it’s mainly about the categories they encompass. Healthcare is big on all four. No namers scare me. But it is what is is

Here’s a breakdown

sp500 is 27% it/13% healthcare/12% consumer discretionary/ 10% communication services/ 10% financials.

sp400 is 17% industrial /17% IT/ 15% financials/ 14% consumer discretionary/ 11% healthcare

Russell 2000*correction
21% Healthcare /15% industrials /15% financials /14% IT /13% consumer discretionary

us reit
36% Industrial and office/ 21% residential/ 21% speciality/ 14% retail

I definitely have some overlap I need to deal with in a better fashion

Damn
Used to deliver catering to this company all the time. They would order $400-500 worth of lunch and the same for dinner, every weekday
I remember they were in a tiny office then they got some funding and moved to a nice place. Pretty cool that they’re public now
545DE545-6F67-4DC9-AC91-DE2AFA1343AE.png

Is it legal for these people to give out forex and stock buy and sell signals? I’m seeing a bunch of people doing it online

Some of the nt favorites have earnings coming up
Thursday after market - Pton, roku, sq
Friday before mkt- dkng
Next tues 5/11 Unity

Back
Top Bottom