OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

1996 my man had the right idea getting rid of snap. Anyone thinks SNAP drops to 15ish and hovers around there until some major announcement or tech or whatever it is they do?

1996 my man had the right idea getting rid of snap. Anyone thinks SNAP drops to 15ish and hovers around there until some major announcement or tech or whatever it is they do?
ima wait it out some more in on initial at 25 but i only spent the price of a pair of lebrons so im cool losing it all if it happens

We're about 3 months away from the end of the first NT Stock Game.

The second game will most likely be the same format but with a lower capital base ($300k --> $200k).

I dont know how many people in here are in the real market, but i just got my first real *** whooping in this messed up market.... bought about a grand worth of shares of CERU last thursday....friday it climbed up 60 Percent... ended up traveling out of town to Vegas so i couldnt collect my profits in time.... wake up monday morning and find out that the stock went from 3.40 after market on friday to 1.20 pre market on monday :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

EDIT: upon further research, i discovered that the ovarian cancer drug that i originally invested in got sold and now they are starting a birthcontrol experiment :frown:

Last edited:
What made you want to trade CERU? Did you set a stop order? If not, make sure you have that in place for any short term trades if you can't jump on it at a moments notice.

Second, **** penny stocks.

Last edited:
From my understanding, a stop most likely wouldn't get triggered in pre and post market hours. I could be wrong though

No mobile app to execute a sell order?

Did you have a profit target?

Yea i had a mobile app (Robinhood) , but by the time i landed in vegas, markets were closed and i was up nicely so i put a stop loss of 3.00 in incase it took a monday morning dip.... what i didnt expect was it dropping a whole 2 dollars at 6 am.....ive never seen anything like that before..a rack gone in about 10 seconds when i looked at the charts

and yea, i think the stop quotes are only during regular market hours...so if thats the case, how can you protect your investment from crashing after hours or before hours?

Last edited:
What made you want to trade CERU? Did you set a stop order? If not, make sure you have that in place for any short term trades if you can't jump on it at a moments notice.

Second, **** penny stocks.

honestly, i wanted to trade it because from what i been reading up on, it looked like it was about to jump about a dollar, so i was thinking on making a grand...but it went even higher so i left it, thinking that it cant fall that bad on a monday morning....oh boy was i wrong...i almost sold everything else i had and wanted to pull whatever i had left out of the market..

Always sell half and put a stop above break even if you exceed your profit expectations and want to let it run for more

Last edited:
And if it's a real company with legitimate long term outlook, like Apple, nvda a couple of years ago, etc. raise your stop and buy the dips.

aye @JohnnyRedStorm, whats your thoughts On CERU? even though i lost, im still holding on, do i just sell and eat the L or wait for a bounce back?

Wish I'd had funds in my account I'd grab a few snap calls on a lotto for July. Chart looks decent for a turn around.

CERU well that's up to you and your plan. Do you have a plan? If not you should reflect internally and figure out your own process.

My opinion, idk maybe sell half and put a stop at those recent lows? I really can't give you advice I know nothing about this company and wouldn't ever trade this kind of a stock.

Wish I'd had funds in my account I'd grab a few snap calls on a lotto for July. Chart looks decent for a turn around.

CERU well that's up to you and your plan. Do you have a plan? If not you should reflect internally and figure out your own process.

My opinion, idk maybe sell half and put a stop at those recent lows? I really can't give you advice I know nothing about this company and wouldn't ever trade this kind of a stock.

yea you are right as to why you wouldnt, its way to volitile...i ended up resting on it and i sold everything today and put money back into snap...im glad i did, the stock fell again 60 percent while snap had a modest gain today

For me as of late, I have been investing in REITs with solid financials and at least a decent dividend rate.

I love getting that dividend money :pimp:

Made 40% profit on a stock, thought it would be done making a run so I sold it yesterday. Today it went up another 20%. I could've doubled my profits had I waited, but that's the game.

Hurts kind of like losing money :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom