OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

How much % cash do you guys keep in your portfolios or is everyone fully invested ?

All personal cash deposited by me is working period
I can understand why some will have on hand due to the fluctuations to better their price point when it dips but with me I’m throwing money in at a weekly basis instead of sitting at the bank

My capital Gains on the other hand about 33.3 %
So if that happens to dip I can be able to maneuver to make a profit hopefully so when it comes to the withdraw at the end of the quarter I’m good

Which brokerage do you guys use? I'm just looking to start off with around $15k or so and either day trade or invest short term and I may trade options as well.

Which brokerage do you guys use? I'm just looking to start off with around $15k or so and either day trade or invest short term and I may trade options as well.

Definitely robinhood if you have under 50k. Free trading (options as well). If you have 50k+, try Merrill edge. 30 free trades a month.

Hopped out of $IGC just in time.
Here’s what I’m watching for a couple of weeks.

766237A5-9F97-4631-ABC7-3D97C4141112.jpeg

LULU is up 15% today :ohwell:

Man that train left the station yesterday after hours
That’s one of those rare occasions that I see they go up from their earning report and stay constant the following day

I’m going to try to learn on how to short stocks in options because I knew big lots was going to dive today regardless of what their reports say I’m just trying to figure out will I make profit on it if it sinks before the expiration date if the order or do I profit after that day if it’s at that price point I got questions so I might youtube it

CONN is going to be my first W of this week it seems

And I didn’t even bother learning about options I just relaxed and enjoyed the three day weekend

I had bought dogecoin on robin doubled my money, and I put it all on eyeg since it was down 25 percent this morning. I only know they making a cream to help heal your eye faster after an eye operation but it still hasn’t gotten regulated. And it has a target of $3.00 but It’s been stagnant for months before this drop

For those short term traders do the capital gains outweigh the taxes paid plus the losses taken on them ?

How do you guys find the perfect time to sell on such a short time frame ?

For those short term traders do the capital gains outweigh the taxes paid plus the losses taken on them ?

How do you guys find the perfect time to sell on such a short time frame ?

It depends on what tax bracket you fall under
With it being taxable income so with whatever capital gains I withdraw I usually keep half of it in a high yield savings account until tax time
Pay whatever I got to pay from that and keep the rest of that in that account as far as when to sell well thats up to you

I usually sell at 8 am if I’m making a profit
I usually target a 10% gain but sometime I don’t get that I have seen some stock be up a good 10% pre market and as soon as the bell rings go down

For example i was up 10% through Friday and the rest of the weekend and I sold as soon as it turned 8 am and wiped it off my watchlist so i won’t even get notifications about it checked it later just to see if it went up and it was down 14% for the day
I think a lot of short term sellers do that make their money around pre market and bounce

I had bought dogecoin on robin doubled my money, and I put it all on eyeg since it was down 25 percent this morning. I only know they making a cream to help heal your eye faster after an eye operation but it still hasn’t gotten regulated. And it has a target of $3.00 but It’s been stagnant for months before this drop
Why buy something that’s been stagnant? You’re missing out on gains that you could grind in stocks that are active. You should be looking to trade stocks with an ATR of $1+. Couple that with options and you can see some serious gains if you’re making the right reads consistently.

Why buy something that’s been stagnant? You’re missing out on gains that you could grind in stocks that are active. You should be looking to trade stocks with an ATR of $1+. Couple that with options and you can see some serious gains if you’re making the right reads consistently.

i figured itd go back to its stagnant price in a few days and ill make an extra $20 or so, get out of there and just keep my original shares.

Back
Top Bottom