OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

3A28532D-5FCD-4B60-B0C6-E5A83B1F5667.jpeg

It’s wild that I was growing up during the recession and now how to live through an event such as this. Big learning lesson for real.
Scary times. Hope everybody else that was coming of age back in the late 00s learned what to do, and what not to do in this situation.

The one thing I haven't quite solved is what to do with money in the bank once we go negative. We stashin' in mattresses?

should we put some money we won’t need to touch into some CD ladders? 12-24-36 mo’s

Rates really gonna be negative though? Seems crazy

keep eye on STZ/MGM/WYNN

What do you guys think about HAL and X?

i'm not buying until i hear about sports resuming.........think we could see no fans in stands until next summer

The fear and panic is palpable. Smart investors are finally starting to realize the magnitude of the problems in the system. Futures limit down even after the largest FED bazooka in human history. Even infinite free money cannot save this market. The FED is done. Credit markets are in total disarray. If they close markets all liquidity will dry up and we will see mass pandemonium as people rush to withdraw cash from banks and liquidate whatever assets they have left; followed by insane selling once markets eventually re-open. These are historic and dark times. IMO the market is set to plunge straight into the abyss and stay there for a while. The average American has no clue what is coming but daily life will soon be affected in an enormous way. Many of the companies we have today will not survive. Unemployment will skyrocket. The world isn’t going to end, we will eventually recover, but I hope everyone here is prepared or is taking steps to prepare because it’s about to hit the fan and get really ugly.

New data from China, worst decline on record:

Chinese Production Jan/Feb -23.5%; Retail Sales - 20.5 %

Just insane. A preview of whats to come across Europe and in the US.

Last edited:
A two week quarantine at this point is pointless. This should have been done back in the beginning of February.

Need at least a month of quarantine to really make an impact now

There are a lot more people with the virus that don't know it and the figures being reported in the media are off to not create mass hysteria

Reactions: ASE
Back
Top Bottom