OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

*Short TSLA from what...$400?? :rofl:
**how go from a Billionaire to a Millionaire

"JIM CHANOS SAYS STILL SHORT TESLA: BBG "

CHANOS SAYS DOES NOT HAVE A POSITION IN NIKOLA MOTOR

Stalking NVTA on this merger news for an entry. Hindsight is 20/20 should've chased it this morning premarket at 21. Oh wells.

If you think NKLA is going to be above 55 by August expiration, the 55-50 bull put spread is offering tremendous r/r. Typically when options markets are this favorable the likelihood is low. So bear that in mind.

How’d you do? I bought a few hundred shares at $2.19 on Friday and sold today at $3.01. It was bouncing between $3.70-3.80, then around 12:30 took a sharp dive to $3 and triggered my sell order. Was back at $3.50 within seconds. Cost me a couple hundred bucks but I still did okay.

Too late to get on the ETSY train?
Love the stock, missed the boat, made a mistake not jumping at 73. Not sure about chasing up here full size. Maybe use 1/5 of your normal position size and add in gradually.

taking a small starter in nvta. High risk so gonna keep my allocation size small and slowly dca in.

And just like that Facebook still making companies kiss the ring. Streaming platform for video games is shutting down and changing to Facebook Gaming.
5F282572-7CC1-4870-9EA6-9EB2F209B2B8.jpeg

Out of curiousity, what’s the benefit of SPAC vs traditional IPO? Do they save a lot of money? Is it the lack of a traditional lock up? I wonder if we’ll see more companies go that route or if it will be reserved for the smaller company/the boiler room type company.

I don't particularly know, to be honest. If they pursue it, I'll glean a lot more info. Our firm has worked with others in the space, but I haven't personally. Based strictly on one conversation, I think it relates to the end game (i.e. eventually going public, anyway) and being in a position to take a 'whole deal'. Liquidity never came up but it would it would lessen their technical hold period, though, for purpose of capital gains/carried interest, may or may not be worth it.

August and September are going to be bad. Fourth of July is gonna mess things up. I have friends thinking I’m an ******* for not hanging out with them and saying you should be wearing a mask. Too many people suck.

I'm with you. My county's numbers spiked and I don't think we 'flattened' the curve before all this re-opening...I really think the fall could be bad, personally. Just wait two weeks from this past weekend from Father's Day, too.

I do find it interesting that so many SaaS/Cloud stocks are doing so well. Not all these names can have that big of a moat. Gonna have to do more research on some of the larger names.
I don't want to speak out of turn since this isn't my natural area of focus, but if more content, data, etc. by companies who now allow or are moving to a virtual workplace by definition they'll need to have more and more into the cloud. Agreed recession proof and perhaps no moat, but during this time the asset class/industry is likely to be bid up. Who knows? Like you, I have some research to do. Data Centers also probably worth checking into.

I mentioned over the weekend when I was back on the PC I'd cover my non spec holdings.

Won't bore you all with each position, but it's basically a mix between mutual funds and equities. Was lucky enough to get some shares, albeit a very small quantity, in the likes of FANG years back.

In order by unrealized gain:
-AMZN
-AAPL
-IVV
-LGLFX
-FB
-MSFT
-GOOGL
-JPM
-PANW
-SBUX

My biggest 3 losers, all unrealized losses: