OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I hope for his sake he cashes in sooner rather than later and knows this isn't normal. I know johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm and I have lurked WSB for years, and it has NEVER been this easy for those degens to win. And it's not because of extra DD or someone unlocking some secret. It's this market, which is a once in a lifetime experience. And this will RUIN people before it's over. GME might be a legit squeeze and some damn fine work done by a handful of very influential people. BB? BBBY? PLTR? Nah, those arent it. Its luck and gambling. Survivors bias. No one should look at this past 9 months of market action and think that it's this easy, or it'll continue. The rug pull, and there is always a rug pull, will be more brutal than I think I've ever seen in my life.

Thank you coming to my TED Talk.

I’ve been telling him to be careful and take profits, which he has been doing, but we’ll see when the rug finally gets pulled.

Any time the market looks like it might seeing heavy selling I get out of DKNG and then nothing happens and I have to buy back :lol: I've made money on it every time, but I'm ok with being out of it here, I want the cash position it gives me. My whole process has been refocused now to trying to own companies where their TAM could be the entire planet. That's where my highest conviction will be and then on a smaller scale, I look for the bet growth opportunities like DKNG, FTCH, JMIA, etc. I like those companies a lot long term, but when I need to add cash, I feel safest pulling from them to keep perspective.

Solid list, this is the way to do things long term. Gonna steal this from you :lol:
I used to fill out the thesis column but I realized that justifying things to myself makes no sense.

This list also taught me that spreading things around isn't always best. Now I don't write small tickets cause I was obsessed with diversification and risk mitigation and it cost me on upside.

Your boy Chamath joins the fray

January 26, 2021 11:03 AM ET (BZ Newswire) -- News

The so-called SPAC King and noted investor Chamath Palihapitiya is joining the retail frenzy.

What Happened: Palihapitiya shared on Twitter that he bought calls in GameStop Corp (NYSE:GME). He bought 50 calls of GameStop with a strike price of $115 hit in February.

The purchase came after Palihapitiya asked his Twitter followers which company he should buy adding the quote “ride or die.”

I used to fill out the thesis column but I realized that justifying things to myself makes no sense.

This list also taught me that spreading things around isn't always best. Now I don't write small tickets cause I was obsessed with diversification and risk mitigation and it cost me on upside.
That's one thing I've really learned and been addressing somewhat. I was doing the math on buying FB at the allocation I would use and my potential price target, and I can make a decent % return, but I'd be better off just adding it to my best positions long term from a $$ return perspective.

The billionaire who put down a ~$120k notional trade. He won't care what happens.
95% of redditors and such are anonymous. One could have 500 call options out there for random events and they only post the one that pops. Many have multiple accounts through different platforms so we don’t really ever know what people are working with. Even our own friends and family.

gme finally woke up. Remarkable.

bb, bbby, and amc Going up at the same time. This sort of manipulation is spectacular to see first hand.

3CF22EC6-9795-4F20-A14C-3E3100B7B6A3.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

Added a little more NVTA back in my TOS account. Up to 40 shares again, tempted to just add back to the 50 I was at before the offering. Actually turned into a good move now that it's $5 lower lol

I'll be at full size by the end of the day, under 50 is a good area for me to add the rest. Offering was at 51.50. Cathie is a big backer financially, this should be ok long term.

Edit: sized in, now if we go lower to the 45 or 40 area, unlikely, but if we do I'll go overweight.

Took profit from a few lagging positions and threw flyers on BB and NOK because I want to be able to tell my kids that their dad participated in the tomfoolery of 2021. I don't care if I lose it all. This market is making fundamentalists think they are good at valuation and the technicalists think they are God. We are all just profiting off of retail idiocy, ETF entrapment, and this weird-*** COVID/stimulus thing.

I am usually risk-averse, but I am 100% certain that we will see financial ruin for many people in the coming year. Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom