OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

mplsdunk mplsdunk do you believe we him? Lol. I hear many things from many people regarding their financial history/health. Swing trading is a lot like day trading. There are many winners, and more losers out of the bunch. Not for the faint of heart. 1-3 weeks in and out. Did he invest a million to then double it?? If he's willing to share, leech off those strategies. I'm sure he had some duds in 2008, 2019, and had to try to get a lot of it back this past year.
-----

Thoughts on a general long position I have. Been holding some shares in two companies since fall 2019. As of today, I'm up 8%. Do you guys have growth percentages set in mind? I rode the bad wave as these were down -50% overall sometime in early 2020, and they've recovered. How long is long for some of you?

Time horizons vary. Some things cycle between support and resistance week to week and some things take 2-3 months. Walmart, before this past week and Verizon are great examples of each frequency.

draftkings in the 50s is a steal. I probably won’t wait for that since it’s a multi year hold for me though.

Thoughts on a general long position I have. Been holding some shares in two companies since fall 2019. As of today, I'm up 8%. Do you guys have growth percentages set in mind? I rode the bad wave as these were down -50% overall sometime in early 2020, and they've recovered. How long is long for some of you?

8% up since fall of 2019 would tempt me to just get rid of it and move into another position that would get me a better ROI in this market. Idk what companies you own and your conviction/timeline on them, but thats just me.

8% up since fall of 2019 would tempt me to just get rid of it and move into another position that would get me a better ROI in this market. Idk what companies you own and your conviction/timeline on them, but thats just me.
Yeah. I'm leery. Sadly. This brokerage house has commissions involved so I may just be breaking even. At this point, ill take the few grand in non losses and do td or fidelity (I already deactivated my RH). How normal is commission or non commission trading? It's four figure money. So I'm just waiting for that time to get out and move on.

mplsdunk mplsdunk do you believe we him? Lol. I hear many things from many people regarding their financial history/health. Swing trading is a lot like day trading. There are many winners, and more losers out of the bunch. Not for the faint of heart. 1-3 weeks in and out. Did he invest a million to then double it?? If he's willing to share, leech off those strategies. I'm sure he had some duds in 2008, 2019, and had to try to get a lot of it back this past year.
-----

nah he’s legit, I saw his account with a couple m’s in it.

he started with just investing with 20k all on Disney before they bought marvel.

I think that brought him to 100k+ and he used some of that money and took a ton of classes and got into trading.

he said he has rough days for sure but 70% of the days are good but he’s had his *** handed to him.

I’m just gonna start small and he’s gonna help me out along the way.

It all started we were talking about crypto and he came at me like Chopper Chopper saying why don’t you f with stocks?

I said bro, why don’t YOU f with stocks? He said hold the f up. You never asked peep this out. *shows phone* I will make you buy stocks. :lol:

Last edited:

he started with just investing with 20k all on Disney before they bought marvel.

I think that brought him to 100k+ and he used some of that money and took a ton of classes and got into trading.

he said he has rough days for sure but 70% of the days are good but he’s had his *** handed to him.

It all started we were talking about crypto and he came at me like Chopper Chopper saying why don’t you f with stocks?

I said bro, why don’t YOU f with stocks? He said hold the f up. You never asked peep this out. *shows phone* I will make you buy stocks. :lol:
i remember u said in the btc thread u aint interested in stocks and focus more on crypto and i get it. i'm not tryna tell you how to invest your money.. but you should be invested in the stock market my man.

i remember u said in the btc thread u aint interested in stocks and focus more on crypto and i get it. i'm not tryna tell you how to invest your money.. but you should be invested in the stock market my man.

if I’m being real it’s different to hear guys on nt talk about it than your boy being like “bro I’ve know you for 10 years now, check this out because you could be getting in on it too”

**** legit blew my mind he’s been keeping that secret. :lol:

im just gonna keep buying crypto and stack up some money to get into stocks while I’m reading up on it. He’ll help me but I want to at least know the basics so I’m not hounding him for everything. Dude was showing me candles today and I was lost with all the terms. :lol:

Thoughts on $LYV?

hitting all time highs almost everyday for the past 2 weeks, despite zero "real" revenue in a year this month. It's looking unstoppable

Yeah, I mean I should just buy stock in all the stuff my wife gets.

cant blow enough money on it. :lol:

edit, Becky portfolio goes hard. I’m gonna cop some TTCF, tattooed chef. They make like açaí bowls and vegan frozen pizza. Not fully $becky but still on trend.

Last edited:

Was gonna say, depending on how cool he is with you / type of guy he is, he may be all about mentoring you. Sounds like he’s about it. Especially since you’re not just trying to leach and get the “secrets”. If you read up on trading and you’re showing that growth & interest (no pun intended lol) it definitely sounds like he wants to mentor you. People (generally) want to see the people they surround themselves with eat too

Yeah, I mean I should just buy stock in all the stuff my wife gets.

cant blow enough money on it. :lol:

edit, Becky portfolio goes hard. I’m gonna cop some TTCF, tattooed chef. They make like açaí bowls and vegan frozen pizza. Not fully $becky but still on trend.
Gonna tail. I JUST bought some of those acai bowls yesterday at Costco :lol:

I went against my strategy yesterday and made a bad trade
I got tired man
But the ones where I waited for the setup turned out good but still ended up losing some money yesterday

SPY chart from yesterday looks like it didn’t fall whatsoever and that’s what I was waiting on

Almost found myself emotionally trading after closing the bad position but I just took a step back and continued with the plan

bad trade aside it could have been a good trading day

I saw Twitter have the longest red candle I have ever seen in my life like a complete $1+ decline in I e minute but I didn’t jump in

had puts in LYFT that paid and finally outs on SPY at the last hour (which was also a ****ing headache

Back
Top Bottom