OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Still think PTON can thrive post-pandemic due to convenience.

Feel a tad differently about telehealth. Still think the general public would rather see a health professional in-person. It does still appeal to people that need frequent checkups/behavior health stuff though I think. Will be interesting to see what happens.

PTON will have short term pressure, but it's cemented itself and will only grow. What happens when PTON opens up gyms and charges you $25 a month to go there for live classes as opposed to buying a bike? People who are negative PTON, are misunderstanding the branding power and opportunity that has been created. They have to **** things up to lose their moat. Subscription revenue is also only going to keep growing and eventually be the dominant part of their business. It'll be years, of course, but give it time.

Max Pain warning on TDOC
Levels are 194 and 165. If you can't see those 2 numbers and be comfortable closing your eyes, make a plan.

got caught holding the bag for $RKT SMH. im down bad. should've gotten out at 40 but i got greedy.

Gonna make a short play with $GME to bounce back a little then invest mid-long term and never check my account for a few days/weeks.

Feel a tad differently about telehealth. Still think the general public would rather see a health professional in-person. It does still appeal to people that need frequent checkups/behavior health stuff though I think. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I think this is an interesting take but I’m not sure I agree. It’s so much easier to hop on a telehealth appointment instead of leaving the office, traveling to the doctor, etc. I think convenience weighs out here unless you have a more serious illness.

PTON will have short term pressure, but it's cemented itself and will only grow. What happens when PTON opens up gyms and charges you $25 a month to go there for live classes as opposed to buying a bike? People who are negative PTON, are misunderstanding the branding power and opportunity that has been created. They have to **** things up to lose their moat. Subscription revenue is also only going to keep growing and eventually be the dominant part of their business. It'll be years, of course, but give it time.

Max Pain warning on TDOC
Levels are 194 and 165. If you can't see those 2 numbers and be comfortable closing your eyes, make a plan.
i agree with u on the opening pton gyms but dont we have that alreeady in NYC with the soulcycle spinning gyms? who knows maybe then can take over with branding power

Same bro. Closed my lever in there so I could ignore it for the rest of my life.

Bot back CCIV, market likes what Biden said about stimulus. Holding support for now. Using low of day as a guide.
It is abundantly clear that Biden does not hold the same trust that Trump did re: market sentiment. People generally knew that Trump would do everything in his power to keep equities rolling. Biden has to continually get out and say something and promise to stimulate the economy. I am short-term bearish and now considering real assets for the mid-term. I am not confident at all in this administration's ability to make me money through sentiment and / or policy.

Let me be clear, this is not a political post. I am simply sharing my thoughts on what I am thinking today based one what has happened the first two months from a financial perspective.

I think this is an interesting take but I’m not sure I agree. It’s so much easier to hop on a telehealth appointment instead of leaving the office, traveling to the doctor, etc. I think convenience weighs out here unless you have a more serious illness.
Yeah you’re probably right. Might be letting a couple of my own experiences cloud my outlook.

It is abundantly clear that Biden does not hold the same trust that Trump did re: market sentiment. People generally knew that Trump would do everything in his power to keep equities rolling. Biden has to continually get out and say something and promise to stimulate the economy. I am short-term bearish and now considering real assets for the mid-term. I am not confident at all in this administration's ability to make me money through sentiment and / or policy.

Let me be clear, this is not a political post. I am simply sharing my thoughts on what I am thinking today based one what has happened the first two months from a financial perspective.
people like Elizabeth warren and Bernie sanders want to ruin the fun and im a hardcore liberal

That’s exactly what Trump did every time the market went red :lol:.

That’s exactly what Trump did every time the market went red :lol:.
No doubt - but I think his policies reflected his statements. Biden is basically patting us on the back saying here comes a check, while having to deal with literally every single high profile person in his admin saying we are going to crack down on this. Part of this is simply uncertainty - who knows how much of a backbone Biden has, but BIG money is being cautious right now. The perception of Gensler hasn't helped either.

stopping lucid again, just dont like things.

gonna step away from clicking buttons, we need more selling.

bot back my CCIV put spreads at 3.60, sold 3 for that price and 2 at 3.75 so actually a small gain scalping vol.

Feel like PTON’s brand is already stronger.
The network effect is very real with PTON. More of my girls friend are getting one. Of course we got one a couple months ago. The bike is the big draw but also keep in mind that they also have strength, HIIT, yoga, and other fitness classes available.

Pivoting to Peloton-branded gyms offering a full range of services is definitely in the cards. Or maybe allow existing gyms to offer Peloton-branded classes with certified instructors for a licensing fee?

I don’t think PTON equipment owners are rushing back to Soul Cycle, Zengo, etc. with a 2k bike at home that offers live rides with their friends.

The network effect is very real with PTON. More of my girls friend are getting one. Of course we got one a couple months ago. The bike is the big draw but also keep in mind that they also have strength, HIIT, yoga, and other fitness classes available.

Pivoting to Peloton-branded gyms offering a full range of services is definitely in the cards. Or maybe allow existing gyms to offer Peloton-branded classes with certified instructors for a licensing fee?

I don’t think PTON equipment owners are rushing back to Soul Cycle, Zengo, etc. with a 2k bike at home that offers live rides with their friends.
I hate working out in gyms and going there, but I bought the Bowflex bike and use the pton app and im addicted.

Or maybe allow existing gyms to offer Peloton-branded classes with certified instructors for a licensing fee?
That's a bingo! No way Peloton burns the cash to build their own gyms, but they will have their equipment and classes in these struggling gyms who are desperate to find ways to turn around their future, and they'll be paid bigly for that draw.

That's a bingo! No way Peloton burns the cash to build their own gyms, but they will have their equipment and classes in these struggling gyms who are desperate to find ways to turn around their future, and they'll be paid bigly for that draw.

i've already been a couple hotel gyms where they have their own peloton bikes, made me think that commercial gyms like 24 will for sure do the same and get rid of those spin classes. save's some cost on those instructors while possibly having more people want to sign up for a membership to have access to the peloton along with all the other equipment a gym offers

When the dips happens. It's funny to see ya'll rethink some of these positions. I'm waiting for TDOC to go sub 180.

Im out of cash and bought multiple dips in February and here we are still dipping. I think some of this is quad witching, slight fear and market correction. Still overall a bullish market and i see things turning around come April - August.

Back
Top Bottom