OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Not letting myself get too excited until market closes, but obviously today looks super promising. And still not going to get TOO excited unless we put together a few green days in a row. But it sure was nice to wake up and see the market looking promising instead of dreadful.

I don’t own TSLA but about a third of my portfolio is FBGRX and their biggest holding by far (last time info was public) was TSLA, so hoping for a nice bump today.

1615314007197.gif

Heavy averaging down paid off. My losses are erased.

93F064BD-9063-4B50-9D86-144E50045DFB.jpeg

I’m scared for tomorrow though. Debating do I trim some or just let it all ride.

1615314007197.gif

Heavy averaging down paid off. My losses are erased.

93F064BD-9063-4B50-9D86-144E50045DFB.jpeg

I’m scared for tomorrow though. Debating do I trim some or just let it all ride.
This is real inspiring bro

My portfolio is about an 8th of the size of what you posted but I hope to one day reach that level. I made my first investments last year in TSLA and AAPL after the split and then continued a lot more heavily this year around the whole GME time (never invested in it though).

Things were obviously up and definitely down right now but I'm excited to continue to learn through the red and the green. I have some ways to go to make everything back but I'm investing and not trading and trust in due time it'll be back.

But yeah man, this is dope to see and I hope to get to this level soon too. Still young and got time but one day!

Everything looks good, can't find anything negative on the surface of todays action. But my gut is telling me this is a bull trap, they've been unwinding growth/tech on any strength for the past week or 2. I dont think large money rotates right back into tech after selling off, but what do I know. Theres a lot of variables at play.

Everything looks good, can't find anything negative on the surface of todays action. But my gut is telling me this is a bull trap, they've been unwinding growth/tech on any strength for the past week or 2. I dont think large money rotates right back into tech after selling off, but what do I know. Theres a lot of variables at play.
What does the volume % look like?

So I’m playing with paper trading scalping. Got in on one and the lil guy took off and ran up and they suspended trading and I can’t sell.

idc because it’s fake but does this happen a lot? I’d be irate if it was real money.

INVO bioscience. Stay away right now with real money.

So I’m playing with paper trading scalping. Got in on one and the lil guy took off and ran up and they suspended trading and I can’t sell.

idc because it’s fake but does this happen a lot? I’d be irate if it was real money.
It depends on the equity and platform. I had never experienced that until RH suspended trading on the meme stocks recently.

If you are in a big name, it is unlikely they will get halted. I have no experience with penny stocks recently.

I’m on the webull app just playing around. I’d never use this to scalp with real money but my computer doesn’t get here until Thursday and I’m bored. :lol:

im counting that mf as a win. :lol: so I’d be 4-2 today.

INVO bioscience. Stay away right now with real money.

Holy smokes, up 220% TODAY. You need to start giving us advice my man.

But yea, when stocks run up like that they halt em for a bit. Its back open to trade now though.

What does the volume % look like?

Not closed yet but currently the lowest volume in 4 days on the qqq and spy. |l But its decent, green candles on the 4hr getting more volume than the red this week, which is nice to see.

Its debatable if we made a higher high on the spy, the nasdaq def didnt. Still gotta be patient, like was mentioned earlier, theres plenty of time and space to get back in, no need to try to time the bottom perfectly.

I hold the most illogical portfolio I ever have in my life right now.

Life's a gamble.

Bro, I re-invested 6K in digital cards last week (immediately after selling 8k). YOLO :lol:

Having most of my portfolio in mutual funds/ETFs (~60%) and cash (~10%), has made these dips way more bearable. I wake up knowing maybe my portfolio will be down 3-5%, but most likely it won't be down double digits. That's a reassuring feeling.

Last edited:
Holy smokes, up 220% TODAY. You need to start giving us advice my man.

But yea, when stocks run up like that they halt em for a bit. Its back open to trade now though.

Not closed yet but currently the lowest volume in 4 days on the qqq and spy. |l But its decent, green candles on the 4hr getting more volume than the red this week, which is nice to see.

Its debatable if we made a higher high on the spy, the nasdaq def didnt. Still gotta be patient, like was mentioned earlier, theres plenty of time and space to get back in, no need to try to time the bottom perfectly.

man I was just looking for volume and that popped up. :lol:

went up 3 pts in two seconds and it got suspended.

would have made 80k in paper money. :lol:

Had a 25% gain yesterday on options
And gave back damn near every penny today
Still in the green as far as the week goes
Better trades tomorrow I should have just waited until damn near the end of the day to get puts on SPY instead of letting AMD cook me for this many hours today

This is real inspiring bro

My portfolio is about an 8th of the size of what you posted but I hope to one day reach that level. I made my first investments last year in TSLA and AAPL after the split and then continued a lot more heavily this year around the whole GME time (never invested in it though).

Things were obviously up and definitely down right now but I'm excited to continue to learn through the red and the green. I have some ways to go to make everything back but I'm investing and not trading and trust in due time it'll be back.

But yeah man, this is dope to see and I hope to get to this level soon too. Still young and got time but one day!

I’ve shared my story in here multiple times. I got into weed stocks on RH in 2018 as my intro to investing and got absolutely wrecked. I’m still claiming losses on my taxes from that year.

I did not make my money in the stock market (thank god for the trap). I dipped my toes in again this past May with a small amount and have done ok since but I’ve made a lot of mistakes, I’m sure I’ll make more. But that’s the best way to learn. So my advice is start small so the lessons aren’t as painful.

Honestly, feel really lucky right now. I kind of just YOLOd this correction and most of my dip buying was done too soon. But I was confident in the companies I was invested in and wasn’t afraid to buy more.

On Feb 22nd, roughly two weeks ago, I had only invested $24k but my account value was $29.8k. I was up a lot thanks to SQ and NVTA. Then the correction came and I started buying the dip. Market kept dipping. My $6k unrealized gain turned to -$7k unrealized loss at one point. $13k swing. I had a great day today but I’m barely above my break even, and still ultimately down from where I was two weeks ago. So I still have like $7k to make up.

I threw $94k at this dip and I’m still down on a lot of positions. Before the correction I posted on here I thought a correction was coming so Ilocked in some profits but then got back in RIGHT before the down turn because although I was sitting on cash waiting for a dip I got FOMO. Also got wrecked by earnings on my biggest holdings.

So I didn’t really wanna put all this money in. I’m glad I did because I’m not down any more. But if we dip hard again I’m not gonna feel good about it.

I worked hard for this money and it feels crazy putting $100k in the market in two weeks time when things are extremely red. Honestly antidope antidope inspired me when he said he had zero in savings accounts and I looked at my saving account which accumulated less than $1 in interest in almost a year.

I dunno man. I’m still learning too. This thread has been very helpful I appreciate everyone in here.

Id still rather invest in myself but the timings not really right for that now. I couldn’t just have this money sitting in savings account. Actively watching the market is stressful. I’m staying all in for now though, still have convictions in my holdings and refuse to sell anything at a loss currently.

I’ve shared my story in here multiple times. I got into weed stocks on RH in 2018 as my intro to investing and got absolutely wrecked. I’m still claiming losses on my taxes from that year.

I did not make my money in the stock market. I dipped my toes in again this past May with a small amount and have done ok since but I’ve made a lot of mistakes, I’m sure I’ll make more. But that’s the best way to learn. So my advice is start small so the lessons aren’t as painful.

Honestly, feel really lucky right now. I kind of just YOLOd this correction and most of my dip buying was done too soon. But I was confident in the companies I was invested in and wasn’t afraid to buy more.

On Feb 22nd, roughly two weeks ago, I had only invested $24k but my account value was $29.8k. I was up a lot thanks to SQ and NVTA. Then the correction came and I started buying the dip. Market kept dipping. My $6k unrealized gain turned to -$7k unrealized loss at one point. $13k swing. I had a great day today but I’m barely above my break even, and still ultimately down from where I was two weeks ago. So I still have like $7k to make up.

I threw $94k at this dip and I’m still down on a lot of positions. Before the correction I posted on here I thought a correction was coming so Ilocked in some profits but then got back in RIGHT before the down turn because although I was sitting on cash waiting for a dip I got FOMO. Also got wrecked by earnings on my biggest holdings.

So I didn’t really wanna put all this money in. I’m glad I did because I’m not down any more. But if we dip hard again I’m not gonna feel good about it.

I worked hard for this money and it feels crazy putting $100k in the market in two weeks time when things are extremely red. Honestly antidope antidope inspired me when he said he had zero in savings accounts and I looked at my saving account which accumulated less than $1 in interest in almost a year.

I dunno man. I’m still learning too. This thread has been very helpful I appreciate everyone in here.

Id still rather invest in myself but the timings not really right for that now. I couldn’t just have this money sitting in savings account. Actively watching the market is stressful. I’m staying all in for now though, still have convictions in my holdings and refuse to sell anything at a loss currently.
Just sitting there losing to inflation basically lighting it on fire. Cash 🚮

Someone COULD make the argument that if I did have cash I could have bought this dip but....If I did keep cash my portfolio wouldn't be the size it is now. That theoretical cash has been invested for years.

Just sitting there losing to inflation basically lighting it on fire. Cash 🚮

Someone COULD make the argument that if I did have cash I could have bought this dip but....If I did keep cash my portfolio wouldn't be the size it is now. That theoretical cash has been invested for years.

I owe you man. I was saving to buy a house but not a buyers market now. Got a two year lease on a house in Nov and when you posted that I really sat and thought about it for a while. Like... I got 1-2 years to make moves. Like you said you took some losses but were still up from your initial investment. That resonated with me. Correction came I said F it. I’m going in.

Oh another guy who used to flip pounds when they were actually worth something. Salute. :lol:

I haven’t flipped pounds since college. I break them down into extracts now. Been trying to put y’all onto ROCK and the money printers that cannabis processing equipment are. Only reason I have this money to invest. Why take the risk on cultivation/sales when you could set up greenhouses and sell processing equipment to people? ROCK and IIPR the only cannabis stocks I’m touching. And they aren’t even REALLY cannabis stocks. Low risk, huge potential.

Oh yeah I’ve been out for a loooong time, put it this way. Colorado and California were they only legal states and indoor was 3300 a p and shatter was 1200 a zip all day long. :lol:

risk vs reward fell off a long time ago to me. I’ll look into those stocks bruh. :pimp:

hennessy hennessy
Someone on NT recommended GRWG.
My homie owns a hydroponic store told me that GRWG is up and coming and is rank 3rd. Top competition is Scott’s mircacle grow and hydro farm. He believes the others are performing better because of marketing.

GrowGeneration (Ticker Symbol: GRWG) $15.25 →$49.84 (+226% Since Pounded)
As with any sector/industry that is about to take over, here at Pounding the Table we love to find the best pick and shovel play to benefit from the trend regardless of who wins. It’s a hedge on an individual name while remaining bullish on the sector as a whole. $GRWG operates and owns retail hydroponic and organic gardening stores in the U.S., and has an online ecommerce store. They’re the largest hydroponics essentials provider, which is clearly the future of agriculture as our growing population, climate change issues, and overuse of farmable land take their toll on the planet. As we look towards the immediate future, we are heading into an environment where more and more states will legalize (with Federal possible) and the number of people that will rush into the market will be staggering. All of them will need materials, and that will make GrowGeneration take those financial seeds across the vertical - so sit back and watch this baby GROW (you can tell our creativity is flourishing here)!

Back
Top Bottom