OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

$USD on strong uptrend. $VIX forming bull flag on the weekly. Don't let this rally fool you. I believe we're still heading lower.

All IMO.

whats symbol to DJIA  on TOS?

$INDU

Originally Posted by nicefro

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

$USD on strong uptrend. $VIX forming bull flag on the weekly. Don't let this rally fool you. I believe we're still heading lower.

All IMO.

whats symbol to DJIA  on TOS?

$INDU

How about TOS' chart?  Not Prophet. I know prophet is $INDU

for the TOS:
SPX = S&P 500
____ = Dow 30

I tried all kinds and couldn't get it.

Hoping BAC's rally continues as I have a bit of exposure (relative to me) to it in both options and equities.

I plan to close 70% of my longs today after holding them from last Friday. Some stopped out, but my core Longs are due for profit taking.

I will still hold oil though. Been a great swing run.

Today's USD strength, and Equity strength is a tell tale sign.
wink.gif

I wouldn't touch do anything with BBI strictly out of spite.

At least my presentation back in 2005 for college is coming true.

My brother is a regional mgr for BBI, they suck. Truly, truly, suck.

I have closed almost all my long positions and opened shorts w:

Financials
NG

I still carry a portion of my OIL as a LONG.

This is a hedge play for me. I was not able to study and look at the market as much as I wanted to.

Something tells me, a spook is about to happen. USD will push and we will return red, or profit take.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

want to explain more about your presentation more in 05? 

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

want to explain more about your presentation more in 05? 

Case study in my cap stone business administration class.
We did a presentation on blockbuster and why we thought they'd eventually be obsolete which I still feel is possible unless they just completely scale down operations to only certain areas.  Now that's becoming limited because of Red Box and the likes.

This was back in the fall of 2005, so I'd have to see if I could dig up some other reasons. What I recall was, we were high on netflix, on-demand types, and other things and not very pleased with the structure, management and overall operations of BBI.  For instance, their information management systems are absolutely terrible and out of date (by many, many years) however the overhaul would burn up incredible amounts of cash.  They're closing stores and constantly "re-organizing".  Makes me think their fate will be much like Circuit City's was.

I'm milking my March Calls on BAC. Probably will leave the position by the end of the week. Been good to me thus far.

I have closed almost all my long positions and opened shorts w:

Financials
NG

I still carry a portion of my OIL as a LONG.

This is a hedge play for me. I was not able to study and look at the market as much as I wanted to.

Something tells me, a spook is about to happen. USD will push and we will return red, or profit take.
So far, this has been quite well for me. UNG dropped.

Financials and broad markets are still weak, but teethering w/ green still.  I will watch closely.  Although one of my financial I shorted is in red. 

Financials and mid way burst sheted me, but I covered immediately and went long..

Still holding:

LONG
Financial
Oil

SHORT
NG

NG as in nova gold?

what price do u see oil going? oil has been playing in a 70-80 range ..i feel that it's been increasing far too fast imo ..read some articles from BB saying oil will reach 80 and then face significant downward pressure to 55 /barrel (which i think is ridiculous) .they are speaking from a technical analysis perspective

Originally Posted by teddy jam

NG as in nova gold?

what price do u see oil going? oil has been playing in a 70-80 range ..i feel that it's been increasing far too fast imo ..read some articles from BB saying oil will reach 80 and then face significant downward pressure to 55 /barrel (which i think is ridiculous) .they are speaking from a technical analysis perspective

Nat Gas.

As you can tell, I am somewhat hurt/mixed w/ Financials today.  But I got stopped out.

I still have 1/2 of my oil plays.  It seems very strong and if it continues to show strength, expect it to retag 80 soon.  It is range bound like you said.  If it hits around $80, I will consider dumping. 

I do not see oil going below $70, nor will it sustain under $70.  Under $70 and downward pressure would be the invention of a new form of energy, or the dollar has become so strong, strong enough to reach triple digits. LOL

Originally Posted by teddy jam

NG as in nova gold?

the cost of getting a barrel of oil costs around 70 bucks so i doubt it will go below that. why would anyone drill for oil if they cant make any money.

Back
Top Bottom