OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

mad.gif

RIMM earnings after the bell today. Stock has been beaten to death. I'd be buyer if it dips near $40 for a quick flip.

Silver should go to $25, but not without a pullback. HL appears to be overbought and can come down anytime. I'd look for entry near $5.70. Its also hitting the upper BB on the weekly near 6.36, where I'd take some chips off the table.

Nice to see this thread slowly picking up again.

Holding long on ATPG. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by awon23

Nice to see this thread slowly picking up again.

Holding long on ATPG. What do you guys think?

This one is setting up nicely. Ascending triangle (bullish) forming on both the daily and weekly charts. Its also making another ascending triangle within the bigger one making higher lows and bouncing off the lower trendline. Have your stops in place in case of a market meltdown and watch for a break of 12.75 (resistance) and go long. Target: $14.73

Chico what price would u get LVS at this point. I keep getting in and out at the wrong time for this one!BB and RSI is too high and it's at a 52 week high. And it went up a buck and a half today. I guess I'll have to wait for bad news or a sell of or after earnings release LVS will have high expectations

Originally Posted by teddy jam

Chico what price would u get LVS at this point. I keep getting in and out at the wrong time for this one! BB and RSI is too high and it's at a 52 week high. And it went up a buck and a half today. I guess I'll have to wait for bad news or a sell of or after earnings release LVS will have high expectations
Depends how long you're willing to hold. I had a price target of $35 by earnings and $40 by eoy. $35 price target came sooner than expected. I might have to revise my targets a bit. LVS is currently in breakout mode and technicals won't matter much. Just play the trend and swing trade it. If you do decide to buy, buy in tiers. DO NOT buy all at once. LVS has a high short interest and very volatile. I've liquidated most of my positions and placed them into LVS and continue to do so. I started purchasing shares at $15 and bought more last week at 31.98. I built a base and just add to it. I don't recommend chasing it now or purchasing overbought stocks. It went from $15 to $35 in just 7 months. I'd start tiering on any decent pullback. I usually wait for 5% - 8% pullback and tier in based on how the technicals look. Hope that helps.

I'm not liking this sideways movement. On the DOW, we're bumping against the upper trendline with a lot of overhead resistance. I'd like to see a pullback to about 10200-10400 before this rally continues.

I have a question...i dont know too much about stocks and bonds and what not...however i have about 20-30 savings bonds in paper. is there an account in which i can deposit these in and just watch them mature? i dont want to spend them. i just dont want to keep accumulating paper...i mean so just in case something happens to them and they get destroyed.

Anybody purchasing GM stock when it comes out?  Anybody have an outlook in general?

I haven't really been following stocks and was never to keen on fundamentals of it in general, but to all who are, how important is the mid-term election to the market.  Have you guys adjusted your portfolios at all because of it?

Here is another situation I am curious about ... information speed ... Today I read that Pfizer (I believe) and J&J rose after a supreme court decision favoring them was handed down ..

1. How long does it take the market to adjust, and how much time does some body like me have to invest before the stock has reached its peak?
2. Do you guys forecast these developments and just sit on the shares ??

^^

the market adjusts to the information IMMEDIATELY...almost instant...if you are wanting to get into a stock because of news that has already hit then you are too late to gain from that news.

what you need to do is anticipate news (even if everyone is anticipating news) it will give you a better chance to gain. You have to remember, before the news gets posted, the CEO, board of directors all read it before its released, not to mention the company othat posts or writes the article and all the goons they have working for them.

hope that helps

Solewoman,

i would google your question..i dont know off the top of my head but im sure google will have better information than anyone here on the board

-J23C

Does anyone have any fundamentals on DOLE? I bought when they went public and it's been downhill ever since (bought @12, currently 9ish)

I'm not to knowledgeable in stocks. I've kept my eye on a few recently, mainly tech stocks.

Just wondering, why do most tech end up doing crap? The one's I've been watching for at least a month now are. DELL, HPQ, INTC, MSFT, and RIMM

none of them have had significant gains other than MSFT which went up a couple bucks for a day or two but now less than when I first started looking. Is this the norm for tech companies? Apple seems to be the only one actually but at 200+ it isn't likely that I'll be purchasing any shares of that until I'm settled into my career.

Is this thread active anymore? I found out yesterday that my dad put had put money towards a mutual fund for me and it gained a poetr pretty good amount.
I want to continue putting more money into it to see larger gains. How do I go about doing so? Just call the company?
My dad is giving me vague answers.

Back
Top Bottom