OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Got some birthday money that I want to invest, so I'm doing some research. Anybody have any ideas on much higher Ford can go? Did I miss the boat from when it was at $7 or could get up to the 20s?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Is this thread active anymore? I found out yesterday that my dad put had put money towards a mutual fund for me and it gained a poetr pretty good amount.
I want to continue putting more money into it to see larger gains. How do I go about doing so? Just call the company?
My dad is giving me vague answers.
Who is sending you the statements?  (Bank, mutual fund, etc)  That should be who you send the money to if you want to buy more. 

It's the mutual fund that's sending it. It had a number on there to call reagarding anything else, I'll do it when I get back home.

man, i hate to not be emotional when trading, but i saw LVS at 35.50ish a few days ago but didnt get in and this thing keeps rising..i feel like getting it tomorrow morning at 39 cuz it only looks like it's going to 40+ and on to 50

chico, is it a bad idea to start getting in now...there was a small pullback last week but i was waiting for a 5%+ pullback, but there wasn't one..

im willing to hold long term (greater than 1yr easily) and longer if need be....its at a 52 week high and it's not wise to get in at that price obv but i dont see it pulling back..

appreciate ur advice..i will check tomorrow morning before the market opens

Anybody in on Citigroup for the long term? I'm thinking about getting in on it and waiting for it to make an eventual run.

still in ng
smile.gif
loaded up on silver a while back and now im slowly accumulating it now since it got a little too expensive.

I don't recommend purchasing overbought stocks. As I mentioned earlier, LVS is in breakout mode and technicals won't matter much. If you don't mind holding for a year or more, then any price its trading at now is a good price.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Anybody purchasing GM stock when it comes out?  Anybody have an outlook in general?

I haven't really been following stocks and was never to keen on fundamentals of it in general, but to all who are, how important is the mid-term election to the market.  Have you guys adjusted your portfolios at all because of it?

Here is another situation I am curious about ... information speed ... Today I read that Pfizer (I believe) and J&J rose after a supreme court decision favoring them was handed down ..

1. How long does it take the market to adjust, and how much time does some body like me have to invest before the stock has reached its peak?
2. Do you guys forecast these developments and just sit on the shares ??

1. Think microseconds, you're not going to beat the computers.
  2. very few people are able to do this because quite simply, they don't have the level of information that us wall st. analysts have
mid-term elections are very important, a lot of it is starting to get priced into the market, though.

Anybody purchasing GM stock when it comes out?  Anybody have an outlook in general?

I haven't really been following stocks and was never to keen on fundamentals of it in general, but to all who are, how important is the mid-term election to the market.  Have you guys adjusted your portfolios at all because of it?

Here is another situation I am curious about ... information speed ... Today I read that Pfizer (I believe) and J&J rose after a supreme court decision favoring them was handed down ..

1. How long does it take the market to adjust, and how much time does some body like me have to invest before the stock has reached its peak?

1. Think microseconds, you're not going to beat the computers.
  2. very few people are able to do this because quite simply, they don't have the level of information that us wall st. analysts have
mid-term elections are very important, a lot of it is starting to get priced into the market, though.

1.  think microseconds.  hft algos process the info faster than you can blink
2.  not many people are able to do this because they lack the amount of info that us wall st. analysts have

mid-term elections very important, but that's starting to get priced into the market...

Originally Posted by reigndrop

1.  think microseconds.  hft algos process the info faster than you can blink
2.  not many people are able to do this because they lack the amount of info that us wall st. analysts have

mid-term elections very important, but that's starting to get priced into the market...
What types of stocks usually benefit the most from the elections?

dont really know anything about stocks but what is verizon looking like, now knowing that they are gonna get the iphone?

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

dont really know anything about stocks but what is verizon looking like, now knowing that they are gonna get the iphone?

Is it official? and by official has Apple and Verizon said that the iphone will be going to VZW
if not then keep dreaming until they do. because this happens every 6 months

im not sure if its been confirmed by apple and verizon but it seems like its releasing early 2011, theres news about it everywhere online

Made first tier buy on LVS @ 36.57. Should it continue tanking, I'll make 2nd and 3rd tier buys. If it bounces in the upcoming days, I'll take profits.

Got long in SYNA and AKAM calls last Friday @ $2.30 & $1.86 respectively. The calls on SYNA were undervalued and report earnings tomorrow, expecting a pop. AKAM calls were undervalued too, its trading at support and there is AAPL take over chatter.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Anybody in on Citigroup for the long term? I'm thinking about getting in on it and waiting for it to make an eventual run.

I've been in and out for the last month maybe? Got at $3.87, sold at $3.97 two days later, then they made a run up to $4.25ish and I was pissed.. Best believe I jumped at the chance to re-buy at $3.98 last week, and I'm holding for a month maybe in the expectation of a pretty good gain. Not sure if that's "long term" enough for you?

PS BoA took a beating last week, look for em to hit $13 after this bs mortgage @+!% blows over a bit in a couple months
wink.gif

ng hit 10 dollars and ive been making really irrational moves lately. i dont know whats wrong but i keep buying and selling ng and just losing money in general cause of it.

Back
Top Bottom