Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

long = buy
short = short sale.

MO - avoid, still under 50DMA, if it starts breaking down on heavy volume, it will probably breach recently lows to below $14.
TCK- this one could develop into a quality long, but wait for a pullback, which could be severe.
FCX- i myself am watching this stock. if it can bounce around $26.50 on strong accumulation i'd suggest going long, but i think it will pullback furtherback into its base first. i think this stock will run in a few months though.
AIG- zombie stock, no use playing it.
SIG- looks like it's about to tank, i might actually buy some puts on it. thanks for finding it for me.
CHK- terrific energy stock that may start running again after a pullback to low to mid 10s.
TQNT- bad price and volume movement, big selling at 50dma suggests further downside ahead.
GG- one of my favorite gold stocks, i'll be buying huge amounts on a pullback. wait for the market to finish selling off and then go long.
SLW- try buying this if it bounces at its 50DMA on high volume.
PFE- small mover, not something i would consider trading. selling off at its 200dma suggests further downside ahead.
V- could base out and turn upward soon after a pullback, but eventually its prospects look grim as there will be demand destruction in credit card debt as thecredit crisis hits main street.
WFC- prolly gonna go back down its lows around 20s and maybe even lower but once the market turns back up and WFC seems to be putting in a bottom, this is agreat financial to own. this and JPM are the only banks I consider safe.
X- looks ready to go down again in the short term. watch for how it reacts with its 50dma to determine whento buy this. eventually, this will be a great stockin my opinion.
SCHN- terrific steel stock, buy on bounce at 50dma.
JOYG- bearish chart, i'd avoid.
FRO- going to low 20s soon.
DO- avoid.

you listed a lot of past big winners, they usually are the best stocks to own in bear market countertrend rallies but also sell off the hardest in the bearmarket downtrends.

jcash-

i currently hold:
- SRS equity
- SRS calls
- SHLD puts
- SPG puts
- FAZ equity
- SKF calls
- HBC puts
- JPM puts
- Short position in AUD/USD
- will be making big purchases in put positions in BXP, VNO, ALL, PRU, and a few others probably on Friday near close.

what gld etfs do you like or recommend sorry if prev stated been busy haven't even looked at my account in months. All the red made me cry

i don't like gold etf's. i'd suggest actual gold bullion or leading gold stocks, like IAG RGLD GOLD GG JAG ABX. and i suggest waiting for themarket to sell off to near its november lows before going long anything gold-related.

Dey Know Yayo, I just have a question about one of your long picks, Ambac (ABK). All your other picks seem to go against everything that would benefit Ambac. Iunderstand that Ambac's business woes are almost entirely concentrated within their CDO underwriting portion of their business, and that their financialstructures services business is relatively strong and diverse. I just don't understand how Ambac can go through the rest of the year unscathed from theevents that will be going around them, and this will undoubtedly hurt their plans to return to profitability and their stock. Did Ambac get TARP money yet?Ambac is a screaming buy if it can survive long-term (the million dollar question!), but there are so many questions surrounding it. What do you think of theirdebentures, AKT and AKF?

Do you think the recovery will be u-shaped or l-shaped? I tend to agree with wawaweewa about the deflationary outlook. Seems like the US might be faced with atriple combination of a liquidity trap, deflation trap, and debt deflation.

JC08- I mis-typed, I meant ABX not ABK, I'm sorry. ABK is trash. might end up a 0, not something i'd dabble in. i think our recovery will be like the1937-1942 stock market. very closely related, in fact.

franki1001- I look at 9 month daily candlestick charts for almost all of my analysis. I also look at 5 year charts for some long term context and 5 minutecharts for exact timing in volatlie assets, like currencies.

Here is Peter Schiff sharing his outlook on the new year. To sum it up, beginning @ 4:00 he discusses the value of the dow jones in terms of ounces of gold,claiming the dow jones will be equal to only one ounce of gold in five to ten years time.

31198619Stocksof1921and1990OverlapwithSimilarPattern.jpg

GE is a screaming short here, as well. I will be buying GE puts on Friday near market close if it and the market behaves like I expect it to tomorrow andFriday.

Goldman Sachs is looking like a great short, in its bearish rising wedge. I expect GS to fall biiiiig.

For those who think foreigners will continue buying US debt...

Official foreign net purchase of United States debt was -$55.1B in October, according to the US Dept of Treasury's HP-1326 Treasury International Capital(TIC) Data for October.

Dey Know Yayo... Great insight.
But man, I thought I was bearish... haha...
I made a killing on DXO the last few weeks... What are your thoughts on oil in the next few months?
Always good to see another person's opinion... Thanks in advance.

I would get out of DXO and wait for oil to make a higher low before going long again. I went bearish on oil in late June and for the first time since then, Ibecame neutral on oil on December 31, thinking it may have bottomed. If oil can hold up above its early December levels, I think a potential head and shoulderspattern may result, but this massive distribution near its 50DMA has me waiting on the sidelines for a buy trigger for oil. More downside could be ahead.

DKY can you take a look at COT? oh and these chart patterns. i can see them but i cant apply the triangles to them is that normal for a beginner?

SRS should have a big day today and/or tomorrow. SPG and VNO looking terrible.

Everyone, short the SHLD gap. It's up 9% on like 11,000 shares on terrible sales. This is pre market manipulation. SHLD is gonna go down hard in comingweeks. Its 5 year credit default swap spread is 1480 basis points. SHLD is insolvent.

made some profits yesterday on ATVI calls. Today bought some USO 40 call @ 0.20. Did I get into it too early?

Quick question, what does it take to be approved for level 2 option trading. I was ready to jump into some FXP calls (dirt cheap) but got rejected apparentlylevel one only lets me buy covered calls and other #+!% I don't really do.

Also thoughts on the URBN gap up, lost like 11% today.

Ok this is a very simple logic I don't understand about stocks. When you want to sell share that you own, how does this process work? Who will buy it fromyou and where is the money coming from? Does stock sell right away, or is it like selling shoes where there are possibly no buyers sometimes? Can someoneplease break it down for me so I can understand. I have been reading and trying to do research on this, but I can never find a straight answer. Sorry for myignorance. Thanks in advance.

nicefro- 880k, million here i come.
heyson- there's a ton of liquidity im the market.
da703tralibaza- dunno
xi shine xi- yes.

Originally Posted by heyson

Ok this is a very simple logic I don't understand about stocks. When you want to sell share that you own, how does this process work? Who will buy it from you and where is the money coming from? Does stock sell right away, or is it like selling shoes where there are possibly no buyers sometimes? Can someone please break it down for me so I can understand. I have been reading and trying to do research on this, but I can never find a straight answer. Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks in advance.
ok. go on to any stock on a website. and it will show you a bid and ask price. so basically try to match the ask price when buying and bid pricewhen selling. but watch those prices and the market because some people want to get a steal on their stocks and try to buy it at 1.00 x 1000 when its like 1.25per share

Back
Top Bottom