:::[Official] [SUPER BOWL XLVII] San Francisco 49ers. vs. Baltimore Ravens @ Mercedez-Benz Superdome

horrible quality but i left school to go to the parade and celebration at the stadium. the turn out was amazing. this was a little before the fire marshal shut down the stadium because there were too many people

View media item 254260

Meh, I really dont care if anyone talks ****. 30 of the other 31 teams fans were at home watching the game while their team was on vacation.

Look at it this way, if it were the Cowboys that lost in the Superbowl, almost all of the other teams fans would be laughing and enjoying their pain right now.
Agree 100%

That avi is too dope!!!

horrible quality but i left school to go to the parade and celebration at the stadium. the turn out was amazing. this was a little before the fire marshal shut down the stadium because there were too many people

I am sure this is going to come off as salt, but I dont care.

200,000 people at a World Championship parade is a joke, and FAR from amazing. The SF Giants had 1.3 million people at the parade this year, and it was our 2nd one in three years. When I first heard the 200,000 figure, all I could do was shake my head.

Last edited:

200,000 people at a World Championship parade is a joke, and FAR from amazing. The SF Giants had 1.3 million people at the parade this year, and its our 2nd one in three years. When I first heard the 200,000 figure, all I could do was shake my head.

Baltimore is a small city, especially compared to SF. This is not an intelligent comment.

200,000 people at a World Championship parade is a joke, and FAR from amazing. The SF Giants had 1.3 million people at the parade this year, and its our 2nd one in three years. When I first heard the 200,000 figure, all I could do was shake my head.

Baltimore is a small city, especially compared to SF. This is not an intelligent comment.

2011 Census Numbers
Baltimore: approximately 620,000
San Francisco: approximately 813,000

You were saying about intelligent comments?

Last edited:
Ah so now we are talking about surrounding areas too huh? The classic changing of an argument after being called out.

200,000 for a championship parade is a terrible number no matter how you try to justify it. I'm done.

Ah so now we are talking about surrounding areas too huh? The classic changing of an argument after being called out.

200,000 for a championship parade is a terrible number no matter how you try to justify it. I'm done.
What???  Dude...  People on the West Coast live in suburban sprawl...  The 9ers draw from a huge fanbase (one of the largest in the country).  Baltimore is a small east coast city without a huge suburban spread outside of Maryland, especially because they share so much overlap with D.C.  They'd have to literally fly people in from other cities to reach 2 million.

If the Knicks ever win a chip I'm going to compare the size of the parade here to the ones in San Antonio and make the case that the Spurs have terrible fans...

lol

Fans seem to have a harder time moving on than the actual players.

Surprised it took so long to have someone come up with the standard "you mad?" type post like this.

Its not a problem of letting go dude. I am not the one who was glorifying a 200,000 fan attended parade as "an amazing turnout." I was just merely stating that 200,000 people for a championship parade is not only far from amazing, but its actually embarrassing.

What???  Dude...  People on the West Coast live in suburban sprawl...  The 9ers draw from a huge fanbase (one of the largest in the country).  Baltimore is a small east coast city without a huge suburban spread outside of Maryland, especially because they share so much overlap with D.C.  They'd have to literally fly people in from other cities to reach 2 million.

If the Knicks ever win a chip I'm going to compare the size of the parade here to the ones in San Antonio and make the case that the Spurs have terrible fans...

I really dont know why this has turned into a big argument between the two of us, but after some google searching, Baltimore's metro area is roughly 2.8 million people. That should be more than enough people for the parade to exceed 200k.

I made the mistake of comparing it to the Giants second World Series parade. I think that comparison is what you are focused on rather than just the overall number of people at the parade.....which is really the point I was trying to make. 200k is incredibly low. To your point about San Antonio.....their FOURTH championship parade had roughly 650,000 people attending. Football is more popular that basketball.

200k is really low, no matter how you want to try to justify it.

Last edited:
I really dont know why this has turned into a big argument between the two of us, but after some google searching, Baltimore's metro area is roughly 2.8 million people. That should be more than enough people for the parade to exceed 200k.

I made the mistake of comparing it to the Giants second World Series parade. I think that comparison is what you are focused on rather than just the overall number of people at the parade.....which is really the point I was trying to make. 200k is incredibly low. To your point about San Antonio.....their FOURTH championship parade had roughly 650,000 people attending. Football is more popular that basketball.

200k is really low, no matter how you want to try to justify it.
I just thought the comparison was silly.  I don't really really care about Baltimore's enthusiasm for their sports teams.

Dland,

you prefaced your comment with a warning and you still came out looking bad. There's no way you could say that without looking salty. So don't give people **** when you knew it wasn't going to turn out well for you.

Went to the Giants parade in 2010 and I can tell you that atleast half the people there were straight up bandwagons or just there to be there.

Dland,

you prefaced your comment with a warning and you still came out looking bad. There's no way you could say that without looking salty. So don't give people **** when you knew it wasn't going to turn out well for you.

I was disagreeing with the premise of 100027's rebuttal. I dont mind the fact that my response looked like it was 100% coming from an area of saltiness. Thats fine. I am salty. We lost the Superbowl. But if the Ravens beat the Falcons in the Superbowl instead of us, and still drew 200k people at the parade, I would have the same opinion.

Thats all I was trying to say. That number is incredibly low.

Looking back at the game, i found it funny when one of the sideline reporter was talking about the lights going out and you see Boulden skipping backwards. I found that funny.

Rewatched the game on NFL network.

Jim Harbaugh is such a ******g douchbag.

At 1:33 in the first quarter the mother of all pass inferences stopped Torrey Smith from cooking Culliver.

I don't wanna hear about that 4th down play from 9er fans anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom