***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I know plenty of people with tint darker than that in NY lol. The police around you must be real bored to bother you with reasonable tint... I'm talking 20-35%. Most cities have other things to worry about.

Last edited:
I'm going to look into that Tatjacket because as of now I use a towel to wrap around my left arm while driving. I will never get tints again in Brooklyn, I was getting stopped 2 times a month and getting a ticket one time. I used my moms car before and it had stock tints and the cop tried to give me a ticket before he saw the PBA card 
mean.gif

Tatjacket and Inkarmor are so useful . There are some drawbacks though:

No matter what they claim, they are not breathable and do NOT keep you cool at all. There's times where I think to myself "Should've just worn a long sleeve shirt"

And another thing, they are extremely tight around your biceps if you have any type of muscle. I'm fit but not swole or anything, and after a long time it gets kinda irritating. This might be by design though, cause I guess it gives you the peace of mind that they're not gonna slip down your arm when you need to hide them

I don't know any states that don't allow you to get at least 35% tint. You're not supposed to get your windshield tinted in Maryland, but I've had mine tinted 35% for 2 years. I've yet to be pulled over, because of it. People that get pulled over for tint are probably doing some extra unnecessary stuff like getting 5%.

I know plenty of people with tint darker than that in NY lol. The police around you must be real bored to bother you with reasonable tint... I'm talking 20-35%. Most cities have other things to worry about.

I am guessing the higher the number the less the tint?

Either way weren't allowed to have ANY tint in the front windows until pretty recently in Illinois. And I think it was 50% in the back. Now it is 50% in the front. 35% in the back and yes they do ticket you for it because "they don't know what you could have in your car". Happens to my friend a decent amount.

Last edited:
I see. Anyway we werent allowed tints in the front window for the longest and tints in the back window needed to let in at least 50% light. Now its 50 front and 35% back. And yes people do get pulled over for it here, even tho Chicago police should have betting things to do with their time.

If the sun makes it difficult for you to open your eyes then you are able to go to a doctor and get legal permission to get darker tints.  It's called photosensitivity.  It really only happens to people with light colored eyes.  I have blue eyes and have photosensitivity so I'm legally allowed to have what would be illegal tints for everyone else. 

If the sun makes it difficult for you to open your eyes then you are able to go to a doctor and get legal permission to get darker tints.  It's called photosensitivity.  It really only happens to people with light colored eyes.  I have blue eyes and have photosensitivity so I'm legally allowed to have what would be illegal tints for everyone else. 

did not know that...time to go to a doctor

Didn't even notice this thread til today. I'm a big fan of tattoos as long as there's some kind of meaning that applies to the person that gets it.

I got my first a year ago and I love it still to this day. It's not too crazy but I eventually want to get more once I get the money and time.

This is a variation of the first line of the prayer of St. Francis. It's a prayer that I've recited since I was young and one that I really took the time to reflect on and understand what it meant to me. Haven't seen anyone with it besides Russell Brand, haha.

Someone give me some damn tips on how to take good photos of my back tattoo. It's impossible doing it yourself (that forever alone life). 

Doesn't help with my Galaxy S3 potato camera

Someone give me some damn tips on how to take good photos of my back tattoo. It's impossible doing it yourself (that forever alone life). 
Doesn't help with my Galaxy S3 potato camera

Depending on the size and placement of the tattoo, you might be able to pull it off using two mirrors (if you have them). It's still not the easiest thing in the world to do and taking a good photo could be tricky, but it's the only way I can think of doing it on your own.

Depending on the size and placement of the tattoo, you might be able to pull it off using two mirrors (if you have them). It's still not the easiest thing in the world to do and taking a good photo could be tricky, but it's the only way I can think of doing it on your own.
I'm going in for another quick session tomorrow, just going to ask my artist to take it 

If you have a normal camera you can set it on timer. Hit the button and position yourself properly. I'd be surprised if your samsung didnt have that feature. You just need to find a way to keep it up straight.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend an artist that does great lettering/scripting in the LA area? Looking to get some words done but I want it to be nice and clean. I'm not looking to get cursive or anything special just normal font work.

progress so far. pretty far from finished

Looks awesome man, can't wait to see the progress.

How did you find the back? I'm one session (roughly 2 hours) away from getting my backpiece finished... It was tougher than I was anticipating.

Back
Top Bottom