Official Tax Season Thread? vol Splash Out m8

Got a 1099 from Paypal because I'm in MA. $6000+ sales apparently. Do I have to include it even if I'm maintaining that none of it was profit? Essentially selling off old sh*t.
Yeah I got one too because a friend was using my old PayPal for a while, shut it down after I got that 1099 from PayPal,
Had to pay back to the irs because of it, lost mad money :smh:

Feel like my fed & state refunds came through at record time this year. TurboTax :pimp:

^ Same. Filed on a sunday, accepted next day monday. Got state that same saturday and federal the following tuesday.

refund was lower than it had been in the past, however, i would have owed had we not had a baby in 2018. My overall effective tax rate was less than it was for 2017, so i guess i came out ahead.

Does the Turbo Tax Home&Business cover the following

- E-Commerce business? I gotta file taxes for my amazon business (1099-K). What kind of expenses can I write off? I bought multiple label printers, a computer, printer, office supplies, desk, etc. Would it be best to do the taxes myself or go to a certified CPA that deals with e-commerce? Any recommendation in Houston?

1st time ever that I had to pay! I was so upset. This year I will contribute more to my Employee Sponsored 401K to lower my rate

- E-Commerce business? I gotta file taxes for my amazon business (1099-K). What kind of expenses can I write off? I bought multiple label printers, a computer, printer, office supplies, desk, etc. Would it be best to do the taxes myself or go to a certified CPA that deals with e-commerce? Any recommendation in Houston?
as long as u got ur receipts or any form of way to track ur expenses(incase audited by tge IRS) u can technically put in any expenses incurred that is appropriate for the business so yes to all the above

You can write off any expenses you deem "ordinary and/or necessary".

Fam its so worth it. Plus i help in the audits. I actually gather potential documentation that the irs ask for if you get audited. Ill send it in.
And the most ill charge is 30-40 more just for copying expense,postage, indirect expenses, etc. My clients rarely fret over thier taxes unless they lie to me and do the most.
How are ways in which people that do their own taxes put themselves at risk for potential audits?

How are ways in which people that do their own taxes put themselves at risk for potential audits?[/

Lying on what was reported to the IRS and their local government. Say what was reported on a W2, 1099, 1098, etc. Claiming a home office deduction. This is like a huge red flag, you better be ready to prove that. And honestly, make more than 500k per year. The governments don’t go after anyone unless they really are sure they can get a good sum of money. If they find a 10% error on someone who makes 60k big deal that is rarely worth the investigation costs. Now 10% on someone who makes a million, well that’s 100k in additional revenue.

How are ways in which people that do their own taxes put themselves at risk for potential audits?

Lying. Over estimating thier expenses. Claiming children/dependents not theirs. Varying and conflicting addresses. Mostly is also not filling out the proper tax forms tht may help you obtain more and/or owe less on income. Ie dividends.

Still haven't got my return :frown:

Completed my taxes in January.

Got a message from IRS saying they needed two documents back in March.

Sent in the requested items almost six weeks ago.

No update in my IRS profile.

SMH.

Aye y’all so I bought jerseys for my hs basketball that I coach. Do I have to itemize deductions in order to deduct that or can I use the standard deduction as well. If I itemize I doubt I’m even close to the standard deduction.

Let's not forget
ghetto-tax.jpg

E filed on 1/23 using Turbo Tax, just got my Federal return deposited. now just waiting for state. better turn around time than last year. Wanted to make sure my money was right before we get on with the rest of this dumpster fire known as 2020.

Back
Top Bottom