Official Terrible Movies Thread!!!

Atomic Blonde
Elf
Bridesmaids

For whatever reason, that's all I can think of right now.

:emoji_wastebasket:🗑:emoji_wastebasket:🗑:emoji_wastebasket:🗑:emoji_wastebasket:🗑:emoji_wastebasket:🗑

Bruh, I never seen this but I read a review on it a few years back and I was like this guy is still alive
mindblown.png

Can. Not. STAND his 'comedy'. 🤷‍♂️

Some of my favorites, copied from the movie thread when discussing comedy recently:

Scott Pilgrim vs the World, What About Bob, Zombieland, Ace Ventura, The Mask, Bruce Almighty, 40 Year Old Virgin, Black Sheep/Tommy Boy, The Office, The Good Place, Righteous Gemstones

I respect that. Idk if it was catching him early on with SNL in my younger years but I can’t kick the Ferrell drug.

dope list. I’ve got Scott Pilgrim qued up to finally watch this week

I’ve got Scott Pilgrim qued up to finally watch this week
Dude it's so stupid it's effing HILARIOUS to me. Favorite comedy of all time, and I promise I hated it the first time. The group of friends I had when it came out, we used to always go to the movies together. Legit made fun of my boy Tony when this came out and this was his pick for us. Now I effing LOVE it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:lol: :rofl::wow::wow::rofl:

Dude it's so stupid it's effing HILARIOUS to me. Favorite comedy of all time, and I promise I hated it the first time. The group of friends I had when it came out, we used to always go to the movies together. Legit made fun of my boy Tony when this came out and this was his pick for us. Now I effing LOVE it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:lol: :rofl::wow::wow::rofl:
I've heard it's funny but I'll check it out now that you said that. Quarantine and unemployment has me watching things I probably shouldn't be wasting my time with so this can't hurt.

I can easily make the argument that pound for pound the Harry Potter franchise is better than Star Wars (yes you have to include episodes 1,2 and 3) and it's better than the Lord of the Rings (yes you have to include the Hobbit(s).

I can easily make the argument that pound for pound the Harry Potter franchise is better than Star Wars (yes you have to include episodes 1,2 and 3) and it's better than the Lord of the Rings (yes you have to include the Hobbit(s).
I mean it is, the allure of Star War mostly stems from Legends. This new trilogy was mostly horse ****, episode 9 was cool & better than episode 1. 8 or 9 is a the bottom of the list. There isn't a bad Harry Potter movie.

Star Wars list, imo:
1. Episode 3
2. Episode 5
3. Episode 4
4. Episode 2
5. Episode 6
6. Episode 7
7. Episode 1
8. Episode 9 (the least the could've down was anakin's force ghost. THE LEAST! **** that movie)
9. Episode 8 (**** peace of **** film. What was even the point of Snoke? There's so much to be mad about in regards to this movie. I'm not gonna even do this to me rn.)

It would easy be easy to make that argument, but no part of that argument would include how Star Wars completely changed not only the scifi genre completely but movies period. And I love the HP franchise, a LOT, but it can't say that.

I mean it is, the allure of Star War mostly stems from Legends. This new trilogy was mostly horse ****, episode 9 was cool & better than episode 1. 8 or 9 is a the bottom of the list. There isn't a bad Harry Potter movie.

Star Wars list, imo:
1. Episode 3
2. Episode 5
3. Episode 4
4. Episode 2
5. Episode 6
6. Episode 7
7. Episode 1
8. Episode 9 (the least the could've down was anakin's force ghost. THE LEAST! **** that movie)
9. Episode 8 (**** peace of **** film. What was even the point of Snoke? There's so much to be mad about in regards to this movie. I'm not gonna even do this to me rn.)
The Snoke thing pissed me off to no end. This dude is supposed to be a baddass Sith and he was snuffed out by a trainee? I appreciate the consistency in a franchise as complex as Harry Potter while actually developing all characters.

If it was just the Lord of the Rings movies NOT including the Hobbit I'd give it to LOTR by a mile. BUT the Hobbit movies were dog ****.

It would easy be easy to make that argument, but no part of that argument would include how Star Wars completely changed not only the scifi genre completely but movies period. And I love the HP franchise, a LOT, but it can't say that.
That's a great point, definitely changed movies for the better. I think episodes 1-3 relied too heavily on CGI and didn't do enough as far a story and character delvopment. Hayden Christensen is also a pretty bad actor so that didn't help things.

I’ve seen Hayden give decent performances in other roles - Shattered Glass and Life as House. I blame George Lucas more for him being bad on the SW prequels than him. Sam Jackson, Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor all turned in worse acting performances than usual in those movies.

midsommar was another terrible movie

I just watched this yesterday. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was terrible, because the cinematography and performances were really good. But it definitely seemed like it was trying a little too hard to be artsy.

yea i gotta say idk many movie franchises that can pull off that kind of consistency. granted they were all books, but still. been meaning to restart the harry potter movies again actually.

also, never started the fantastic beasts movies...not sure if those count?

yea i gotta say idk many movie franchises that can pull off that kind of consistency. granted they were all books, but still. been meaning to restart the harry potter movies again actually.

also, never started the fantastic beasts movies...not sure if those count?

I’d consider the FB films separately. Totally different cast, different characters (except for a couple) and different settings.

I like the 1st one a lot. Second one, not as much. I’m not that optimistic about the remaining films in the series. I think Jk Rowling miscalculated linking the Grindewald story to the fantastic beats thing. But I’ll watch them all.

o yea i forgot.

this is a good time to mention suicide squad. I've never felt so violated by a movie until that ****.

now being a fast and furious fan, i was pretty upset with fast 8. they really left the car scene after Tokyo drift, but it worked out really well i'd say through 7. but it did gradually get crazier and crazier. 8 was ridiculous. taking a turbo from a boat, throwing it on some random car, no tune...just...i fully expect 10 to be in space with a 69 Daytona retrofitted for use in zero gravity.

but suicide squad should've been amazing. i have legit anger towards WB for continuing to **** up DC movies. I wanted that movie to been great. that comic-con trailer was the ultimate bait and switch.

but the use of batman and joker was a disgrace. A1 casting on HQ, deadshot, captain boomerang, killer croc and Amanda Waller. but the plot was highway robbery. and the villain enchantress? FOH.

how the hell do you have a well written and fleshed out story for assault on arkham that makes great use of batman, joker and waller, and then think of this ****? nah they violated.

I'm being mad extra right now but WB has been on some James Dolan nonsense with DC intellectual property.

and because marvel was putting up James harden numbers, they went straight to justice league and...yea, i knew it wasn't gonna work.

I got problems with BvS too, but i still enjoyed that movie, esp that frank miller batman.

but this movie should get a redo and be rated R.

carry on.

Back
Top Bottom