Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Still got until tomorrow man from 12-7!

I don't think I'll make it in time. I got class tomorrow until 4:30, then I have to find a way downtown (ttc most likely), subway, etc...with traffic I doubt I make it.

Is OVO store the only place to buy online or will Nike.ca have em too? I'm assuming the shoes will go on sale 10am? Is that true or has nothing been confirmed yet?

The one time I used Nike.ca to get a pair of Masters I failed and it sold out within seconds lmao, I was new to the sneaker game so I was pretty shocked haha...now I'll be expecting it to happen; sucks having a slow laptop.

Anyone still feeling Nike flyknit racers?

Have a pair size 7.5 of the recent 'blackouts, knit by night, all blacks' whatever you want to call them

Sending back to Nike if no one local wants them, as person I got them for backed out smh

PM me

If they were an 11.5/12 I'd take them. I slept on the release. :smh:

Q, I def didn't sleep on it, I just struck out everywhere. Ended up going to reseller route, but got what I consider a deal days after the release.

Just trying to help any locals out with this CW since they were so limited

Anyone still feeling Nike flyknit racers?

Have a pair size 7.5 of the recent 'blackouts, knit by night, all blacks' whatever you want to call them

Sending back to Nike if no one local wants them, as person I got them for backed out smh

PM me
was it available through nike.ca?! :S i really wanted a pair 

LF 8.5 if anyone has

I hate FCFS and Raffles. Pre-order era for life.

This! man the good stuff that was available for pre-order walking into a FL or Champs.

Ah, good times, I remember preordering a pair of white cement 3's not liking how they fit and exchanging them for a better fit a couple of days later

Gift cards for the win!!!

Pre-order your pairs. Buy gift cards. Come back on release day and pick your pairs.

No line ups!!!

LMAO every now and then the reminiscing about the good ol' days pops up in this thread, confusing the new 'heads. Not sure if the pre-order system would work in this current sneaker climate, probably see ghost chairs for days in advance when the rumours swirl about a pre-order coming up [or for my Fairview Mall dudes: food court chairs]

Don't forget: SPC Card FTW...even though I was done school for years ahaha!!

explain gift card plz?

To ensure a pre-order, they'd load the exact amount (w/ tax) onto a gift card ie. $226.99 or whatever basically ensuring you've already spent money there. Then come release day you pay with said gift card, get your shoes, and all was :smokin

was it available through nike.ca?! :S i really wanted a pair 
LF 8.5 if anyone has

Nope, these Racers were a SNKRS release via Nike and through limited retailers.

Nike stuck the nikelab tag on these and dropped them almost out of no where. Definitely one of their most limited racers.

I hate paying over retail for any racer, but an all black model made me do it smh

I don't think preorders would work if it was available now.  Concord XI release was prob one of the worst as resellers preordered size runs.  They didn't have any limits on how many pairs you can preorder.  They used to accept preorders and just ordered enough to fulfill them.  There were no leftovers usually...  at least at the big stores.

Definitely remember being asked 'You just want one pair of Concords?'

explain gift card plz?

How Pre-orders worked was you could go to Foot Locker for example, and you would sign up under a size as long as a slot was available, pre-pay for the shoes via issued gift cards, and you would come back on release day between store opening and 6pm I believe. Any pairs not picked up, you were stuck with the gift card, and the shoe went back out for someone else.

Great times, great system.

Last edited:
How Pre-orders worked was you could go to Foot Locker for example, and you would sign up under a size as long as a slot was available, pre-pay for the shoes via issued gift cards, and you would come back on release day between store opening and 6pm I believe. Any pairs not picked up, you were stuck with the gift card, and the shoe went back out for someone else.

Great times, great system.
Those were great times don't get me wrong.  But, the way things are now, wouldn't there be just the same mass hysteria for purchasing products.  Line ups out the store to pre-purchase shoes.  Everybody bringing every family member with a valid ID to buy up all the stock.  IMO, it'll be the same just a little less chaotic on release day.  I think people who actually wants a hyped up pair of shoes will go through the same thing and end up not getting a pair.

Just my thoughts...

Those were great times don't get me wrong.  But, the way things are now, wouldn't there be just the same mass hysteria for purchasing products.  Line ups out the store to pre-purchase shoes.  Everybody bringing every family member with a valid ID to buy up all the stock.  IMO, it'll be the same just a little less chaotic on release day.  I think people who actually wants a hyped up pair of shoes will go through the same thing and end up not getting a pair.

Just my thoughts...

I've seen a family of six come in for Yeezy raffles, no joke. I think the Grandfather came in too.

I've seen a family of six come in for Yeezy raffles, no joke. I think the Grandfather came in too.
I believe you.  I tried getting a pair of Air Max 1 Safaris from Exclucity and this car pulled up like half an hour before opening.  I think it was like a BMW 3 series.  No lie, 7 people popped out of the car and 2 of them had to be like 60+ years old.

I believe you.  I tried getting a pair of Air Max 1 Safaris from Exclucity and this car pulled up like half an hour before opening.  I think it was like a BMW 3 series.  No lie, 7 people popped out of the car and 2 of them had to be like 60+ years old.

sounds familiar. too familiar.

Lunarepics on sale on Nike.ca. Surprised they are on there considering they were only recently released.
 I literally saw scattered pairs at the outlets the same week it released.  Hard to see a lot of people who is gonna play full retail of $235 for a pair of running shoes that's kinda hard to rock casually. 

nike definitely overestimated that model. they thought it was gonna be the new racers. It's a comfy model, the design is just very plain.

Ah, good times, I remember preordering a pair of white cement 3's not liking how they fit and exchanging them for a better fit a couple of days later
Yup!! I even got to double up on those thinking they werent gonna release them again for a while then boom we get the 88 Cements.

Pre order system was such a breeze. Go in pay for shoes in advance, pickup on release day with no stress go home happy. They screwed everyone when they changed that. 

I'd say the retro of the concords is when I noticed a shift. I remember going into my local fl and for the first time on a release day seeing crazy traffic and a bit of a line up. I walked in and grabbed my two pairs. They didn't even make me line up and I remember some in line giving me the "wtf"/stink eye. I'm guessing because they had no clue about the preorder system. I agree with you guys though in current day the system would be pretty broken.

asiatic204 asiatic204

Lmao that was every release, I just made sure I doubled on ones I really wanted

I'd say the retro of the concords is when I noticed a shift. I remember going into my local fl and for the first time on a release day seeing crazy traffic and a bit of a line up. I walked in and grabbed my two pairs. They didn't even make me line up and I remember some in line giving me the "wtf"/stink eye. I'm guessing because they had no clue about the preorder system. I agree with you guys though in current day the system would be pretty broken.

@asiatic204

Lmao that was every release, I just made sure I doubled on ones I really wanted
Got the same stink eye too when I picked up my 2 pairs of concords on release day. Line up was crazy at SQ1 both at Champs and FTL. 

Last edited:
Anyone else get lucky on adidas.ca for HU?
It was weird today, at least for me. Was just testing the system for myself but sizes didn't pop up at 10, refreshed twice but it was 4 - 5 seconds in already and sizes were gone.

Back
Top Bottom