Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Yesterday was a sad day for me bros lol. Not the end of the world but one of my nicest Nike thermasphere hoodies got snagged on something in the wash which resulted in it getting what looks like a 3-4 inch exacto knife looking slice across the left chest legit right under the Nike logo. The tech is almost like scuba gear material and it's supposed to help retain heat. I know it's only a sweater and I could eventually buy a new one but these are the type of trivial things that can piss you off in your day. I only wore the thing like twice too and paid $50 when it was a $220 hoodie. Oh well...that's life I guess.

Dixie Clearance at lunch - not much footwear wise of note.

I did pick up some black aeroswift 2-in-1 $24.99, olive tech fleece windrunner for the wife $59.99 and a nice baskeball shield jacket for $34.99 (reg price $270). These will be gone this weekend I’m sure - but they had a FSR as of 30 mins ago.

After MVP and survey - $70 after tax.
Any Tech Knit stuff there? The prices sound pretty good. Worth the trip?

Damn! Thanks for the reply, guess I'll have to find another option.

If the store is from anywhere other than Canada, you will pay duties and customs 99% of the time.
If you must order internationally, focus on shops that use Fedex. You'll only pay taxes and no duties.

XCLU is having a storewide 35% off sale, relaunch35 at checkout. Sale items excluded, not sure what else.

I honestly don’t know why the 98’s are called Gundams when the only real Gundams are the Uptempo and VCII

Anyone else somewhat disappointed by the adidas x DBZ collab?

DBZ collab was destined to fail since announcement.
Adidas couldn't even make their big year-long Consortium Collab effort have any staying power.
It's a big new flash for the three stripes that:
  1. without boost, they don't have anywhere near the juice they think they do. there isn't a single non-boost model that's doing all that well.
  2. they are incredibly hit or miss with CW-specific collabs. Their strength is in model collabs like Yeezys, Pharrells, etc.

I honestly don’t know why the 98’s are called Gundams when the only real Gundams are the Uptempo and VCII

Anyone else somewhat disappointed by the adidas x DBZ collab?

while not an official gundam x nike collab like the uptempos and VC2's, the color scheme is arguably close enough to those mechas depicted in the franchise. besides, its easier for kids these days to call a shoe by a nickname than by its actual color code as that could get a little confusing and too wordy for IG and twitter generation. think about writing "air max 98 White/University Red-Obsidian-Metallic Silver-Game Royal-Black" or "air max 98 white/blue/red" versus simply "gundam"

those yung 1's are decent in other colorways but that freeza joint has a walmart kids section feel to them. everything else - disappointing

pharrell cant even buy adidas much strength. tennis hu and that whole adidas x pharrell clothing line is like sale rack material. the hype that adidas thought they could milk off human race nmd's are def not carried over to the more pedestrian models. pharrell too busy pushing human made these days to be caring about adidas

if they really wanted to move units they should've done a special promo with the shoes like providing mini dragon balls (along with the rumoured figures) or even a promo where if you bought all 7 pairs you had a chance to get some special promo item like a Dragon Ball tracker or an Eye Scouter. Bandai used to produce those items back in the day and I'm sure they're cheap enough that if you marked those models up (which they likely will due to the collab) they would turn a profit

Plus i think their target market isn't necessarily the standard sneakerhead, it's likely to be more for the hard core dragon ball fan who doesn't care for all the hype tech or designs. Kinda like the Star Wars collab they did years ago which was more geared towards fans of the series and not only the sneaker culture

if they really wanted to move units they should've done a special promo with the shoes like providing mini dragon balls (along with the rumoured figures) or even a promo where if you bought all 7 pairs you had a chance to get some special promo item like a Dragon Ball tracker or an Eye Scouter. Bandai used to produce those items back in the day and I'm sure they're cheap enough that if you marked those models up (which they likely will due to the collab) they would turn a profit

Plus i think their target market isn't necessarily the standard sneakerhead, it's likely to be more for the hard core dragon ball fan who doesn't care for all the hype tech or designs. Kinda like the Star Wars collab they did years ago which was more geared towards fans of the series and not only the sneaker culture

Agree........got a text from a friend who said he is going to buy one of the shoes (he not a shoe guy) just because it was a Dragon Ball Z collab. And he thought it was dope.

DBZ collab was destined to fail since announcement.
Adidas couldn't even make their big year-long Consortium Collab effort have any staying power.
It's a big new flash for the three stripes that:
  1. without boost, they don't have anywhere near the juice they think they do. there isn't a single non-boost model that's doing all that well.
  2. they are incredibly hit or miss with CW-specific collabs. Their strength is in model collabs like Yeezys, Pharrells, etc.

The idea behind consortium is really cool, but half of the shoes that come out of it are really wack models. When they do come out with something nice (Like the bodega patch inikis), they are so expensive it's not even worth it to cop.

Adidas Outlet at the Fashion Outlets in Niagara is closing in February.
50% off the entire store, no exceptions.

Picked up a core black EQT 93/17 Boost for $60 USD yesterday.
Lots of tubulars and primeknit superstars.

As I was leaving I saw a guy trying to buy all the EQT Boosts, womens ultraboost x and some other models.

Any word on 98 gundams releasing in store? Dont like my chances on ndca based on previous releases

I went to the Nike store at Sherway last night and asked about 98s dropping this week and the employee said they weren't sure if they were getting them. But to be honest the guy was looking at me like he really had no clue what the shoes were to begin with.

Might be best to call Nike running at the ETC to see whats good.

Real Sport beside Air Canada Centre is doing crazy sale, TFC championship scarf, tee for $5, Adidas Raptors jersey for $50 or less, Raptors & Maple Leafs clothing is 50% off. They have random stuff on sale, mostly like $15, $20 etc. Too bad they sold out all the Raptors, Leafs or TFC cap, because it was $5.

Back
Top Bottom