Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Hi guys....regarding the Shadows from FTL.CA ---- I got the UPS tracking email 1st prior to getting the email from Footlocker that it has shipped...1st W at FTL.CA!!!

Quick question (tho I feel like it's been asked before), how much duties are charged by SNS? My Shadows are supposed to be coming in from them tomorrow and I'm not really looking forward to that extra dent in my wallet.....

Quick question (tho I feel like it's been asked before), how much duties are charged by SNS? My Shadows are supposed to be coming in from them tomorrow and I'm not really looking forward to that extra dent in my wallet.....
SNS is so unreliable when it comes to delivering stuff in Canada. In my case, I was supposed to get a package last April 2(expected delivery date) and until now I still haven't got it. Tracking status saying that they're investigating whether it got lost. It also says I had to pay $ 77. It's f**ked. I hope you get yours in time. Anyone experienced this yet?

Shadows from End? I was charged $21x.xx CAD

SNS is so unreliable when it comes to delivering stuff in Canada. In my case, I was supposed to get a package last April 2(expected delivery date) and until now I still haven't got it. Tracking status saying that they're investigating whether it got lost. It also says I had to pay $ 77. It's f**ked. I hope you get yours in time. Anyone experienced this yet?

This isn't SnS' fault. It's entirely UPS' fault.

Well s*** this is gonna be a pain..... if you don't mind me asking, what did you cop from SNS?

This isn't SnS' fault. It's entirely UPS' fault.
Oh ya maybe its cus of UPS. But its stressing me out man. I was thinking it got like that cus there's a duty/tax that I needed to pay. Thats why my package is being on hold somewhere. It should be delivered to me and I'll pay the duty/tax at my door. That's how it works right?
Well s*** this is gonna be a pain..... if you don't mind me asking, what did you cop from SNS?
I bought a jacket from them cus I can't find it anywhere in Canada. I regret ordering it tho, its just causing me too much stress.

I bought a jacket from them cus I can't find it anywhere in Canada. I regret ordering it tho, its just causing me too much stress.
Dang... how much was that jacket? Curious about the duties they'll charge me percentage wise....
Also anyone know if self-clearing is an option or is it not worth it to go through that hassle with SNS

Dang... how much was that jacket? Curious about the duties they'll charge me percentage wise....
Also anyone know if self-clearing is an option or is it not worth it to go through that hassle with SNS

SNS will declare full retail price to UPS
At the door you will be charged 13%tax + 20% duty + $12 brokerage fee

In my attempt to self declare experience, I was charged full at the CBSA office. So for my case it was not worth the drive and do all the work

Last edited:

In my attempt to self declare experience, I was charged full at the CBSS office. So for my case it was not worth the drive and do all the work
Geez it's going to be like $120~ in duties and taxes for offwhites huh.

In my attempt to self declare experience, I was charged full at the CBSS office. So for my case it was not worth the drive and do all the work

Assuming CBSA does their job correctly, you should only be saving the $12 brokerage fee. There's a lot of misinformation on here that you'll save tons by self clearing. In cases like that, it was the CBSA agent not doing their job correctly and miscalculating.

Assuming CBSA does their job correctly, you should only be saving the $12 brokerage fee. There's a lot of misinformation on here that you'll save tons by self clearing. In cases like that, it was the CBSA agent not doing their job correctly and miscalculating.

Yup. This is true. I know FedEX and UPS charge insane brokerage fees, but that's the only thing you save by self-clearing. I ordered 2 pairs of White Cement 3s back in 2011 from Crooked Tongues (RIP) and when the DHL delivery guy appeared, I offered to do the self-clear. He showed me the invoice and said "We only charged you $10 for brokerage. Are you sure you want to go through all that work to save $10?". Paid the guy on the spot, and even tipped him $5 for saving me the time and hassle. Lol.

I think it’s not they don’t do their job right
Depends on the agent’s mood
Some nice agents will give u breaks as I once experienced when crossing the border

In my attempt to self declare experience, I was charged full at the CBSA office. So for my case it was not worth the drive and do all the work
Holy crap, that's like $290 for my shadows.... Basically resell at this point... fml (my card was charged ~212 btw)
Guess I'm not entering anymore SNS raffles cuz that duty tag is definitely not worth it. End clothing or bust for overseas.

I think it’s not they don’t do their job right
Depends on the agent’s mood
Some nice agents will give u breaks as I once experienced when crossing the border
Crossing the border is a different story compared to clearing duties on a product you purchased online I feel. Usually they'll cut you some slack because they know you're coming back from vacation if you're crossing the border.

Pretty much sums up what crono06 crono06 said. It’s a gamble at CBSA. Funny story, I met a sneakerhead agent once and I saved close to 90 dollars of fees that time lol

Dont even bother self clearing unless the package is coming from USA. All ups packages i have done so far (3) cbsa only charged me HST and nothing else (no duties, they seem to be super lenient on the nafta agreement (only supposed to be duty free on north american made products but my yeezys are all made in china) .

The places that really bother me when buying stuff from around the world are ones who don't take out the local tax/VAT... Footpatrol, JD Sports, ect. The CBSA agents don't account for it, and often don't account for shipping. In terms of bad agents, the biggest jerks are the ones who open up boxes and look at receipts. On a StockX order, they marked the box at retail price but the agent opened up the box and charged me duties and taxes based on what I paid plus shipping. That's why the most expensive shoes in terms of what I paid was a pair of Run Thru Time Ultra Boost mids, lol. Meanwhile I have seen pairs for $350 or less on sneaker groups...

I work for a small customs broker(and also went to school to be a customs officer:smh:) and i can tell you all 100% that all THESE cases are very situational and depend on the officer/PORT and then vendor\commodity.

CBSA inspections are regular and easily happen with the SMALLEST discrepency, some officers are more keen to detail at small ports while bigger ports often want to streamline the process.

Also the issue why *i think everyone is getting additional charges more is probably how the vendors are CLASSIFYING the kicks. All goods being imported to Canada have a 10 digit H.S. CODE, for other rubber sneakers the code is 6404.11.99.90 which has a 16-18% duty rate depending on country of origin. I often look at the manifests on my personal delivered parcels and sometimes vendors did not provide any PROPER customs info which is HS CODE and a proper description of the goods and that is when the officer will step in if the dutiable taxes are something worthwhile, anything over 100$ lets say. It is very hard to fight against the CBSA taxes but the only way to counter is to only buy from within Canada which is all i do now

Back
Top Bottom