Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Is that wood grain on the ttc ? 
nah bro 
roll.gif
 i was on the 510 streetcar headed back to spadina station

Just got back from getting the royals from Nike Bloor, I was kind of shocked to see how many people were there before eight am. I got there around 7:30ish and the line was massive prob around forty to sixty ppl deep and it just kept growing from there, it completely caught me off guard because I usually go to NTO early for releases and no one shows up till around eight thirty ish....Anyway, I finished grabbing my pair at about 11:30. They seemed to have a decent amount of pairs but a lot of people went home empty handed or with a random size to flip or trade it seems and to make matters worse one or two people who were guaranteed  pairs ended up not getting them due to a incorrect tally or something of that sort.........

ES store, was a bit hectic, lots of ppl left empty handed with both royals and jokers. I think bloor was so packed, partially due too, the area 72 posites releasing as well. Heard todays sportswears at pmall, got only 12 pairs of royals.

Yeah my friend's brother got 2 pairs (both Size 12's) from Nike ES. I didn't want to take that risk so I went to Nike Bloor. Based off the fact I was told people lined up early for all those weak All-Star drops on Friday, I changed my original planned time and went earlier. Once I arrived there were 25+ people in front of me and after hearing a few conversations most were lined up for those ugly Barkleys. Some for those Joker 1's and 3's, and others for Royals. Once I knew that and I established a spot, I bounced for a few hours.

Once my other friends came through, I came back and around 8:30 they started doing lists for individual shoes. Once I heard how much Capsule got, I walked over to check that line and it was already at 25 people. Back at Nike Bloor, lines kept growing and by open it stretched to both sides of that inside walkway. Anyways, got my pair from Nike Bloor. A good friend confirmed a few weeks back that his store would have a pair reserved for me so I went to pick those up. As I was leaving I ran into another good friend who told me he just picked up a BUNCH of pairs from a low key unknown mall boutique. When I mentioned cats were thirsting for these we went back to that mall and I got 3 more pairs, while he got another 3. No lines, no hassle.

If I had known about that place from the start I would've just went there and bought out stock. Def reminded me to always check low key places that carry minimal Nike's. Good day overall, saw a lot of old faces, and helped 12 people (who I trust to keep info to themselves) get their own pairs via locations that still had or simply pulling them from waaaaaaaaaaaay back up to the front line.

From what I remember:

SVP Queen got 20 pairs
Capsule got 30+ pairs
Nike ES got 30 or 40 (I forgot which)
Nike Bloor got 40-50 I think
Livestock I heard 12 from some, 30 from others.

And other Indie's got about 8-12.

Last edited:
Yeah my friend's brother got 2 pairs (both Size 12's) from Nike ES. I didn't want to take that risk so I went to Nike Bloor. Based off the fact I was told people lined up early for all those weak All-Star drops on Friday, I changed my orginal planned time and went earlier. Once I arrived there were 25+ people in front of me and after hearing a few conversations most were lined up for those ugly Barkleys. Some for those Joker 1's and 3's, and others for Royals. Once I knew that and I established a spot, I bounced for a few hours.

Once my other friends came through, I came back and around 8:30 they started doing lists for individual shoes. Once I heard how much Capsule got, I walked over to check that line and it was already at 25 people. Back at Nike Bloor, lines kept growing and by open it stretched to both sides of that inside walkway. Anyways, got my pair from Nike Bloor. A good friend confirmed a few weeks back that his store would have a pair reserved for me so I went to pick those up. As I was leaving I ran into another good friend who told me he just picked up a BUNCH of pairs from a low key unknown mall boutique. When I mentioned cats were thirsting for these we went back to that mall and I got 3 more pairs, while he got another 3. No lines, no hassle.

If I had known about that place from the start I would've just went there and bought out stock. Def reminded me to always check low key places that carry minimal Nike's. Good day overall, saw a lot of old faces, and helped 12 people (who I trust to keep info to themselves) get their own pairs via locations that still had or simply pulling them from waaaaaaaaaaaay back up to the front line.

From what I remember:

SVP Queen got 20 pairs
Capsule got 30+ pairs
Livestock got 12

If you're going to buy out the whole stock atleast leave a size 12 for me lol I think I know what store you're talking about

Yeah my friend's brother got 2 pairs (both Size 12's) from Nike ES. I didn't want to take that risk so I went to Nike Bloor. Based off the fact I was told people lined up early for all those weak All-Star drops on Friday, I changed my original planned time and went earlier. Once I arrived there were 25+ people in front of me and after hearing a few conversations most were lined up for those ugly Barkleys. Some for those Joker 1's and 3's, and others for Royals. Once I knew that and I established a spot, I bounced for a few hours.

From what I remember:

SVP Queen got 20 pairs
Capsule got 30+ pairs
Livestock I heard 12 from some, 30 from others.

Thats quite the look-out...we should start building our friendship.. lap dances on me at the zanza before the next big release date 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I did SVP Queen at 5:45AM with my gf (had to cop double to help a friend) and some other OG NT'ers.

5 ahead of us. By 10 am we were outta there and there was a line about 30 deep. Only 8 in total probably got their pairs in their size. The rest left salty.

Do yourself a favour and DO your research early. Call shops & set up your game plan. When you see a line ASK people what size they're copping. If you know you're out of luck go to the next spot. It's not that hard. 

Do yourself a favour and DO your research early. Call shops & set up your game plan. When you see a line ASK people what size they're copping. If you know you're out of luck go to the next spot. It's not that hard.

Pretty much. People don't like doing the work anymore, I had no problem with it since I wanted these bad.

Even with the behnd-the-scenes info I got weeks in advance I STILL did work calling and visiting stores. Even after one place confirmed they'd put a pair aside for me (which they did) a while back, I didn't depend on that either and pretty much had a few plans setup for yesterday. I thought ES was too risky and passed, and it worked out beautifully. For a lot of the info I throw out on here I knew with the lurkers I'd just help here and there but that's it. Funny hearing so many people assed out because they thought Foot Locker/Champs were releasing them and thought it would be a cake walk arriving at open. This was one of those weird releases you had to do work, especially if you wanted multiples.

Last edited:
Pretty much. People don't like doing the work anymore, I had no problem with it since I wanted these bad.

From a person who didn't even try to get these, it baffles me how many people can't make a simple phone call and rely on second hand information when people apparently want the shoe really bad.

Easy to say from the outside looking in.

If you wear a size 10, and each spot gets maximum 4 pairs of your actual size (most spots only had 2). And you go to line up 2 hours before the store opens it's hard to grab a pair if you're not networking and working as a team.

If you roll solo you can only be in one line up at a time.

Even with calling around and scouting out spots, I didnt anticipate cats lining up from 3 am.

I didnt get a pair for a lack of trying.

Last edited:
Right. My comments weren't directed to people who made an effort like you, but it's funny because your situation is exactly what I witnessed from one person yesterday and he got a pair in a size 10. He came to NTO a little after 8 by himself. Was in a cool position, but he got up went to the front and asked people what shoes they were planning to pick up and sizes. He still figured he'd have a good chance, but walked over to Capsule, saw the smaller line and stayed there.

I went over to scout the place for a friend who was coming late, I saw the guy and asked why he left since he was in a good spot. He figured he'd have a better chance at Capsule and in the end did. Again, by himself, and got a size 10.

*shrugs*

Last edited:
It's cool, just gotta come earlier next time guess, lesson learned. Hopefully I'll have a chance at HOH.

Guys. I got a Size 9 in the royals. I need a 8.5 if someone knows anyone looking to trade. Capsule said they had 3 pairs of 8.5 so I figured I'd be safe but in the end only 2 pairs.

It's cool, just gotta come earlier next time guess, lesson learned. Hopefully I'll have a chance at HOH.

Which is what I'm banking on as I couldn't get out this weekend. I doubt that opening will be a soft one like the Champs earlier this month though..

As for my other comments, those were directed at those who didn't make an effort. I know it's especially hard when you're lining up solo.

Back
Top Bottom