Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I think a few pages back ppl were asking about the OW store and if ppl actually win from there. Here's an update I got from a friend who hit on the Zoom Flys "Tulip Pink" Friday. Apparently they sold the kicks above the suggested MSRP and refused to give him a receipt for resell purposes. For context, these kicks retailed at $260 CAD at Haven and OW sold them at $322 CAD, for those curious.

I’m pretty sure there has to be some sort of legal recourse through Ontario consumer protection (assuming this is the Toronto OW store) regarding them refusing to provide proof of purchse to you if you really want to go down that route.

I’m pretty sure there has to be some sort of legal recourse through Ontario consumer protection (assuming this is the Toronto OW store) regarding them refusing to provide proof of purchse to you if you really want to go down that route.
i mean i would agree but the raffles state that you need to follow their terms and conditions or they own the right to re raffle. It's not a formal process but i'm assuming that if you win and don't like their pricing or receipt situation they'll just sell it to the next guy willing to pay for them. I don't agree with their practices in this scenario and hope this is just an isolated incident but i've never heard of anyone else winning and sharing their terms so i'm gonna assume this is their standard.

Luckily i'm never in the market to purchase things at the OW store in Toronto so i don't need to worry bout it :rofl:

Can you sell something in Ontario and not give a receipt? How would they declare the sale

Guessing it’s a way to avoid tax by the vendor

Anyone here hit on Nike for the purple lobsters? I lost track of time and completely missed out.

I think a few pages back ppl were asking about the OW store and if ppl actually win from there. Here's an update I got from a friend who hit on the Zoom Flys "Tulip Pink" Friday. Apparently they sold the kicks above the suggested MSRP and refused to give him a receipt for resell purposes. For context, these kicks retailed at $260 CAD at Haven and OW sold them at $322 CAD, for those curious.

The store that own CNTRBND at yorkville also own the OW toronto store. I would stay away from both of these stores. It's sad to see an official OW store that's representing its own brand doing sketchy crap like this. Essentially he's paying for the backdoor price.

I'm surprised they jus didn't cancel the release a few hours before 11 as per what they normally do. Resell it is for me..

The store that own CNTRBND at yorkville also own the OW toronto store. I would stay away from both of these stores. It's sad to see an official OW store that's representing its own brand doing sketchy crap like this. Essentially he's paying for the backdoor price.

Speaking of weird sketchy tings...

Was at Sq1 on Saturday and they had a lineup to get into the OVO store.. complete with oversized scary looking doorman. There were maybe 8 ppl inside shopping? At any rate it didn't look busy. And there was like 20 ppl in line...

It looked like they were trying to build hype for the sake of building hype... Like at a trendy club/bar. Made me laugh seeing that you can actually see into the store and see that there was nothing special going on... Yet ppl still lined up..

My gf had a similar experience as your friend. Won the blazers raffle off IG a few weeks ago and when she went to pick them up they wouldn't give the receipt. I'm not sure if she paid over retail tho.

Was at Sq1 on Saturday and they had a lineup to get into the OVO store.. complete with oversized scary looking doorman. There were maybe 8 ppl inside shopping? At any rate it didn't look busy. And there was like 20 ppl in line...

It looked like they were trying to build hype for the sake of building hype... Like at a trendy club/bar. Made me laugh seeing that you can actually see into the store and see that there was nothing special going on... Yet ppl still lined up..

They got an Ovo store at square one now?

didn't even know they have an ovo store at sq1....always pretty empty at yorkdale.....well drake's peep run this crap....not suprise about have big ppl guarding esp with stuff going on with pusha and ye

What I find unwelcoming are the prices... a mediocre sweater w a small gold owl on it selling for $300!

Since the social media boom and Supreme being mainstream I haven't stepped into their store yet. The line ups every day now from open until close are not worth the hassle. Think 2014 was the last time I was able to walk in and out without the chaos.

What's not welcoming about the Ovo store? I stepped in once just to see what kinda merch they had. Couple employees said whats up.

Maybe you guys are just soft :lol:

U mean the parolee they got watching the shop? He's a teddy bear.. beside he too busy playing fortnite on his iPhone to notice the teenagers thieving

U mean the parolee they got watching the shop? He's a teddy bear.. beside he too busy playing fortnite on his iPhone to notice the teenagers thieving

I could careless what door security is doing :lol:

I don't go into stores and expect every worker to put smiles on and be all jolly around me. Ovo store is tiny so I could see why they want to control how many people are in there. Especially during holiday shopping.

"Weird sketchy tings" :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom