Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Quality and Jordan Brand doesn't go together often, but on the XX8 the quality is actually amazing
Not surprised.  JB puts more effort and amazing quality into their performance stuff because it actually has to last on the court.  On the other hand, they can just trash a hyped up release because they know it will sell out and people will buy the same shoe again 5 years down the road when the previous version is un-wearable.  It's all about the business and money now....

This topic of 'poor quality' comes up all too often without every placing things in to context.

Economies are driven by supply and demand - REMEMBER THIS.

Let me use a mundane example: in my opinion, my 1997 Jordan XII provide a great illustration of what quality looked like. The shoe itself resembles a thick leather jacket, something you would purchase at Danier.

For those with half a brain would agree that prices in 1997 were a lot lower than they are today. This is not exclusive to sneakers; the glues, rubbers and leathers are all MORE expensive. The result?! A poorly made sneaker at the price you're paying in retail [what is it now? $220?]. Now, think: how much would a 1997 quality sneaker cost in 2013? Would you pay $300+ for a better quality sneaker? No, you wouldn't. In fact, you are paying that and then some for a poor quality sneaker whose DEMAND reaches further than actual SUPPLY. Nike is aware of all this, hence why their stock prices are rising on a regular basis. Like I said, this is not limited to sneakers: look at new condos and homes - the demand for an older house in Toronto is far greater than a new home/condo. New homes are built like **** and builders can't even GIVE them away.

Don't forget that Nike is marketing company and sneakers comes second [or third].

Not surprised.  JB puts more effort and amazing quality into their performance stuff because it actually has to last on the court.  On the other hand, they can just trash a hyped up release because they know it will sell out and people will buy the same shoe again 5 years down the road when the previous version is un-wearable.  It's all about the business and money now....

I tried the Jordan's Melo and CP3 line I didn't like those too much

Has anyone seen those Nike Sneakerboots in stores yet? I want those airmax 90 black ones.

This topic of 'poor quality' comes up all too often without every placing things in to context.

Economies are driven by supply and demand - REMEMBER THIS.

Let me use a mundane example: in my opinion, my 1997 Jordan XII provide a great illustration of what quality looked like. The shoe itself resembles a thick leather jacket, something you would purchase at Danier.

For those with half a brain would agree that prices in 1997 were a lot lower than they are today. This is not exclusive to sneakers; the glues, rubbers and leathers are all MORE expensive. The result?! A poorly made sneaker at the price you're paying in retail [what is it now? $220?]. Now, think: how much would a 1997 quality sneaker cost in 2013? Would you pay $300+ for a better quality sneaker? No, you wouldn't. In fact, you are paying that and then some for a poor quality sneaker whose DEMAND reaches further than actual SUPPLY. Nike is aware of all this, hence why their stock prices are rising on a regular basis. Like I said, this is not limited to sneakers: look at new condos and homes - the demand for an older house in Toronto is far greater than a new home/condo. New homes are built like **** and builders can't even GIVE them away.

Don't forget that Nike is marketing company and sneakers comes second [or third].
Quoted for emphasis

On a side note, OG 12's are indestructible

I can't even lie i love my CP3 6s. Especially as a wide footer.
I couldn't, I'm a wide footer but for me it just didn't feel comfortable, I wore it one time and it didn't work for me, so I just sent it to someone who'd wear it to court

HOH totally sold all their pairs to friends and fam. **** them and their shady business.

HOH totally sold all their pairs to friends and fam. **** them and their shady business.
this is what happens the shoes get delayed.  attention wares off and once the shoes drops silent (ups deliver) they just call up there friends to come in...

this is what happens the shoes get delayed.  attention wares off and once the shoes drops silent (ups deliver) they just call up there friends to come in...

I'll re-quote this from jberk:

I bet that If some of you waited a week after a sneaker dropped, you probably wouldn't want it anymore.

Words of wisdom. Trust me.

I'll re-quote this from jberk:

I bet that If some of you waited a week after a sneaker dropped, you probably wouldn't want it anymore.

Words of wisdom. Trust me.
yup i agree. 

but a lot of the time, if the attention as to ware off, its due to the resell prices lmfao. 

Except I called twice a day everyday and was lied to. Them saying they haven't showed up yet. **** them.

I'll probably never step foot in that HOH again after the LeBron 10 Hazelnuts run around. I have no problem with employees getting theirs, that's one major reason why you work there. My thing is don't tell customers over the phone you plan to release them, how much stock you have, and make them travel to only arrive and witness managers buying up the pairs saying "Sold Out."

Unfortunately, Foot Locker has taken on the mindset of its newer customer base
What new mindset? The fact that more pairs show up on Kijiji or CL and in Facebook groups? Its really a Joke. People wonder why Ive always said support you local independents and F--k Footlocker?  I get that staff get their pairs and that is why some people work there but really who says NO they cant sell more the the 20% to staff? Find it a Joke that it took Footlocker this Long to get a HOH so called store in Canada and still i hear about everyone going to the States to get what they need!

I'll probably never step foot in that HOH again after the LeBron 10 Hazelnuts run around. I have no problem with employees getting theirs, that's one major reason why you work there. My thing is don't tell customers over the phone you plan to release them, how much stock you have, and make them travel to only arrive and witness managers buying up the pairs saying "Sold Out."
I hear you 100% I wouldn't too. Find it funny how this store had so much support when it open and now..................... Everyone thinks its a joke?

What new mindset? The fact that more pairs show up on Kijiji or CL and in Facebook groups? Its really a Joke. People wonder why Ive always said support you local independents and F--k Footlocker?  I get that staff get their pairs and that is why some people work there but really who says NO they cant sell more the the 20% to staff? Find it a Joke that it took Footlocker this Long to get a HOH so called store in Canada and still i hear about everyone going to the States to get what they need!
that mindset i'm talking about is f--k the customers (usually the ones paying for their salary) and only look out for their own people when it comes to certain pairs, and the HOH store employees have become REALLY pushy whenever your looking at a shoe that's sitting for a while. I've either buy from local stores if I can or if the price after shipping is cheaper I just have friends in the states send it up to me, I haven't bought anything from the HOH for myself (just some Bred IVs for my cousin) and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom