Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I saw tech fleece pants for $90 at the bay size large. Could've sworn it was 120 last I checked and both colors were there. Hope I didn't miss out on a huge discount

I saw tech fleece pants for $90 at the bay size large. Could've sworn it was 120 last I checked and both colors were there. Hope I didn't miss out on a huge discount

All nike was 25% off copped some wind runners and tech pants the other day for the low. Just looking for the team red tech pants now.

Wtf do these have to do with Toronto????

Wtf do these have to do with Toronto????
The entire world apparently thinks of aurora borealis when they think of Toronto... That's what happens when you let American's design things that are supposed to be Canadian. I'm surprised there isn't a moose on it.

The entire world apparently thinks of aurora borealis when they think of Toronto... That's what happens when you let American's design things that are supposed to be Canadian. I'm surprised there isn't a moose on it.
That's what I mean...it's not like we get to see the aurora here in Toronto and adidas/Nike seem to think otherwise. Back in the 90's, it would have been an igloo theme with some moose involved...2000's, it would have been beavers...now this B.S. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

The leather pull tabs are interesting -- but wow -- they could have *EASILY* made the Borealis print darker and they could have at least have people buying them as the 'poor man's Galaxy Foams'.  I guess at least they had the sense to hide the Borealis print on the insole of the 'To The 6' AM1s.

I'm still waiting on the Maple Leafs / Tim Hortons collabo... Though with what they have to work with (Foamposite material) I'm guessing they played it safe for production purposes?

To be entirely fair, last year Nike had the rich cultural heritage of New York to draw inspiration from, and released probably the worst All Star collection in the history of the line. These narratives--aurora borealis, etc--are a gimmicky distraction, I wouldn't think too hard about it.

Could be worse, this could easily have been called the "Maple Syrup" pack or something, not too far off from 2014's Nola "Gumbo" pack.

I actually died at the comment about the moose. LOL. What about igloos too?

It's all gimmicks to sell out bs they make up in a rush...this is what happened at Nike headquarters...."hey it's almost feb, we should throw together a Toronto themed foamposite quickly" .."what do they have up there besides that tower thingy?" ..."I think they see those lights in the sky every night".."air plane lights?"..."no no, the magical looking colour lights"..."should we at least do some research on these sky lights?" ..."no time for that, just imagine what they would look like and get it done!"

Last edited:

That's what I mean...it's not like we get to see the aurora here in Toronto and adidas/Nike seem to think otherwise. Back in the 90's, it would have been an igloo theme with some moose involved...2000's, it would have been beavers...now this B.S. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
 LMAO speaking of igloos, when i was younger, i was on a cruise and i told the other guys i was from Canada... they asked if i ride a dog sled to school haha

LMAO speaking of igloos, when i was younger, i was on a cruise and i told the other guys i was from Canada... they asked if i ride a dog sled to school haha
Yea man...growing up and being at various basketball camps state side, they all though we lived in igloos. It was exhausting answering that question.

It's all gimmicks to sell out bs they make up in a rush...this is what happened at Nike headquarters...."hey it's almost feb, we should throw together a Toronto themed foamposite quickly" .."what do they have up there besides that tower thingy?" ..."I think they see those lights in the sky every night".."air plane lights?"..."no no, the magical looking colour lights"..."should we at least do some research on these sky lights?" ..."no time for that, just imagine what they would look like and get it done!"
Yeah, at least Adidas revealed the same stupid concept months ago.

Why did more than one company choose the same inspiration for the shoe? Just a coincidence? I would've liked something more Canadian

Why did more than one company choose the same inspiration for the shoe? Just a coincidence? I would've liked something more Canadian
I am thinking adidas did it first since they always leak right away...and then Nike got on the same train. I guess they don't see anything else with Toronto/Canada that would sell a concept...except the "northern lights". Yukon, Northern Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and British Columbia are the best places to see them. ****, maple syrup or pigeon doodoo would have made better "Toronto" concepts than the northern lights.

Last edited:
For us in Toronto it's a horrible concept. But our market is chump change compared to the US. Hell, the state of California has a larger population than all of Canada... And there are some smart people there, but generally not when it comes to Canada. So we should probably be thankful for this concept. I think it's a huge coincidence that both companies came up with similar ideas. The lead time is probably at least 6 months. Nike shoes just don't get leaked as much as Adidas. Both companies probably though "how do we sell Canada to American's?" "How about something native?" "We have natives here..." "How about equality?" "That's not going to sell here." "Josh is Canadian, let's ask him." Pan to Josh at his computer with a jean jacket vest, a wolf howling at the moon shirt and Aurora Borealis as his screensaver. And a concept was born. X2 for Adidas. 

Back
Top Bottom