Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

If it was a Nike patch no one would complain though [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Passed by halton outlet today. 20% off hash wall & 25% off clearance racks, nothing outstanding. I did spot Elmer Fud dude lurking tho!! Any other outlet updates?
Next time please snap a quick pic of so called "Elmer Fud" lol

Last edited:
That Kia patch ruins the All-Star jerseys and player tshirts. Adam Silver should be ashamed.

Get used to it as corp sponsor will start to appear on regular home jerseys just like any EU team sports., even the WNBA has adopted this money making strategy. Why deprive the league and teams to earn more to have sponsors on their jerseys.

He won't hear you from all that sponsorship money clogging his and the 30 owners ears lol

He might hear it if enough people refuse to be a walking sponsorship for Kia. It's simply a cash grab at the expense of the fans. They aren't in dire need of sponsorship dollars. If they were willing to lower the price of the jerseys, I might be on board with that, but obviously that's not going to happen. I'm hoping Nike will refuse once they take over as official outfitter, otherwise I'll be scraping it off if I buy a jersey.

Get used to it as corp sponsor will start to appear on regular home jerseys just like any EU team sports., even the WNBA has adopted this money making strategy. Why deprive the league and teams to earn more to have sponsors on their jerseys.

Those leagues wear sponsorships because they don't generate nearly as much income. I don't think I've ever seen a WNBA game's attendance being more than half full and you can only watch the games on NBA TV if I'm not mistaken. I don't even think they play them on ABC unless it's the finals or something. And Euro leagues aren't the same calibre as the NBA, how else would they generate money?

Diana Taurasi left the WNBA for a year for her Russian team because they were willing to pay her $1 mil, her WNBA team couldn't even compete with that. Supposedly women's basketball is huge over there.

Last edited:
He might hear it if enough people refuse to be a walking sponsorship for Kia. It's simply a cash grab at the expense of the fans. They aren't in dire need of sponsorship dollars. If they were willing to lower the price of the jerseys, I might be on board with that, but obviously that's not going to happen. I'm hoping Nike will refuse once they take over as official outfitter, otherwise I'll be scrapping it off if I buy a jersey.
Those leagues wear sponsorships because they don't generate nearly as much income. I don't think I've ever seen a WNBA game's attendance being more than half full and you can only watch the games on NBA TV if I'm not mistaken. I don't even think they play them on ABC unless it's the finals or something. And Euro leagues aren't the same calibre as the NBA, how else would they generate money?

I feel like Nike would do such a thing. "We're paying $x billion for Kia logos? Nah, forget that"

He might hear it if enough people refuse to be a walking sponsorship for Kia. It's simply a cash grab at the expense of the fans. They aren't in dire need of sponsorship dollars. If they were willing to lower the price of the jerseys, I might be on board with that, but obviously that's not going to happen. I'm hoping Nike will refuse once they take over as official outfitter, otherwise I'll be scraping it off if I buy a jersey.

Diana Taurasi left the WNBA for a year for her Russian team because they were willing to pay her $1 mil, her WNBA team couldn't even compete with that. Supposedly women's basketball is huge over there.

I'm not just talking about basketball here...I'm also talking about soccer/futbol which definitely is bigger than basketball worldwide. They've been doing it for years and why would it be any different for NBA?

Bottom line, all if not most sports team owners are in it to make money and having corp sponsors is just another way of filling their pockets.

That was a good read, thank you. Adam Silver is delusional if he thinks people wouldn't mind eventual jersey sponsorship just because they put the patches during the skills comp. I have no problem with that because 1) they aren't there permanently 2) they don't show up on the jersey I sport casually.

I'm not just talking about basketball here...I'm also talking about soccer/futbol which definitely is bigger than basketball worldwide. They've been doing it for years and why would it be any different for NBA?

Bottom line, all if not most sports team owners are in it to make money and having corp sponsors is just another way of filling their pockets.

You're right about soccer, I can't even argue about that. To be honest though, those sponsorships are why I won't buy club soccer jerseys though. They change so often that I don't see a point in spending the money on them. National teams on the other hand I'm more inclined to buy.

But you can't say you haven't heard Europeans say it's a breath of fresh air to see North American sports without all the ads on the jerseys.

And like I said, it wouldn't be so bad if these sponsorships meant lower costs for the jerseys or tickets but we know that won't happen.

Just makes me sick that the league, players and owners make so much money and the fans are expected to plunk down $200+ to go to a game (maybe more depending where).

Last edited:
The Bay on Queen just restocked black tech fleece pants with 25% all Nike apparel. Full sizes when I was there this afternoon. L and XL in grey were still available along with 1 small.

I feel like Nike would do such a thing. "We're paying $x billion for Kia logos? Nah, forget that"
I feel like you guys have never watched premier league. Nike is already making jerseys with company logos all over the place.

I agree it looks like complete ****

Last edited:
interestingly enough there's actually more than one Fllyknit Racer cw dropping that date. in diff parts of the world as per the Flyknit Racer thread per multiple sources at FL and Nike there are 2 blue based cws

as mentioned we are getting the re release of the "neo turquoise" (blue/blue/red) stated on FTL.ca release calender

this is the 2016 "olympic" cw (blue glow/white/black)

this is the re-release of the "neo turquoise" cw (blue/blue/red)
top pair looks dope

That was a good read, thank you. Adam Silver is delusional if he thinks people wouldn't mind eventual jersey sponsorship just because they put the patches during the skills comp. I have no problem with that because 1) they aren't there permanently 2) they don't show up on the jersey I sport casually.
You're right about soccer, I can't even argue about that. To be honest though, those sponsorships are why I won't buy club soccer jerseys though. They change so often that I don't see a point in spending the money on them. National teams on the other hand I'm more inclined to buy.

But you can't say you haven't heard Europeans say it's a breath of fresh air to see North American sports without all the ads on the jerseys.

And like I said, it wouldn't be so bad if these sponsorships meant lower costs for the jerseys or tickets but we know that won't happen.

Just makes me sick that the league, players and owners make so much money and the fans are expected to plunk down $200+ to go to a game (maybe more depending where).
No one is forcing you children to do anything...you kids make it seem like the government is forcing you to enlist in the military...just don't go to games, don't buy the jerseys and stop complaining. The NBA and its teams/owners aren't there for charity. They are in it to make money. They are making money. Done.

No one is forcing you children to do anything...you kids make it seem like the government is forcing you to enlist in the military...just don't go to games, don't buy the jerseys and stop complaining. The NBA and its teams/owners aren't there for charity. They are in it to make money. They are making money. Done.

Thanks gramps.

Anyone hear about HOH opening soon at yorkdale? I'm assuming they're gonna restock on previous JB retros and NIke products.

Was at VM today.

Nothing really exciting; they had a few sizes of the Maison Du Lebron 11s--Wolf Grey Volt, as well as the SVSM 12 Lows, and Cleveland 12s. No good runners. Blue/Volt Heathet Windrunners, Polka Dot Hyperfuse Nike Sportswear Jackets.

Was at VM today.

Nothing really exciting; they had a few sizes of the Maison Du Lebron 11s--Wolf Grey Volt, as well as the SVSM 12 Lows, and Cleveland 12s. No good runners. Blue/Volt Heathet Windrunners, Polka Dot Hyperfuse Nike Sportswear Jackets.
Are they still doing the 20% off hash and clearance clothing?

I was at NOTL on Saturday and it was 30% off clearance clothing and no discount on hash.
They had a bunch of S/M grey N98 tech fleece $64.97-30%, I found 1 pair of olive tech woven shorts on the clearance rack and thats about it.
Nice! Thanks for the update.

Anyone hear about HOH opening soon at yorkdale? I'm assuming they're gonna restock on previous JB retros and NIke products.
Yea...  it was posted on IG.  NOt sure exactly what they will have at opening but safe to assume decent stuff as usual.

There's no salary cap in European football/soccer and players are purchased via transfer fees unlike the NBA.  A lot of teams generate revenue with these lucrative deals so that they can finance the purchase of big name players.

Back
Top Bottom