Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

It was mentioned numerous times (by more "OG" NTers and sneakerheads) that you used to rarely miss out on sneakers you wanted. You just had to walk to the mall and buy them. I'm 28 now and back then I wasn't lining up for sneakers so I'm not even sure if the lining up was going on for releases.
That goes for pretty much anything back in the day other than amusement park rides. Now there are line-ups for everything from sneakers, electronics, household items, to even ramen and cheesecakes, just crazy these days.

I remember walking into G' and bought Patta x Nike AM90 Homegrowns in my size without issue, handed over $160 bucks and out comes my awesome pear.

Last edited:

Same here but it's clear the back dooring is just as prevalent online. There are BS captchas that are most likely a diversion when bots are checking out all the pairs. I seen another kid was speculating that known re sellers are given the correct Captcha code so they can buy out all the pairs, when the rest of us just get directed to a frozen fukcing loading screen then get booted and told the inventory is sold out. 
You basically had a subculture go mainstream and this is the end result.  I still enjoy sneakers, but certainly not as much as I once did.  At the end of the day though, they're just sneakers and not worth stressing over.

You basically had a subculture go mainstream and this is the end result.  I still enjoy sneakers, but certainly not as much as I once did.  At the end of the day though, they're just sneakers and not worth stressing over.
Agree. Someone just mentioned in here that it should just be on to the next one. I refuse to pay a re seller for a pair no matter what.

Here are the prices from the RC/W+H sale:

They seem to have increased the prices by $5-10 from thurs-fri, still great prices but this is what a friend sent me yesterday:

Last edited:
New member here HOLLAAA!

I'm with the rest of you online or raffles - in all honesty the majority of the kicks I like aren't camp out worthy. I simply arrive ~45 min before store opening.
If I get what I came for (so far I'm batting 100) great, if not on to the next.

As for this line cutting, ghost chairs - sorry if I'm physically there for hours and your not - you are not getting in front of me period.
As for pushing a female, you lay a hand on any female I'm with, straight up there is gonna be some Warren G/Nate Dog Regulate **** happening on the spot!

New member here HOLLAAA!

I'm with the rest of you online or raffles - in all honesty the majority of the kicks I like aren't camp out worthy. I simply arrive ~45 min before store opening.
If I get what I came for (so far I'm batting 100) great, if not on to the next.

As for this line cutting, ghost chairs - sorry if I'm physically there for hours and your not - you are not getting in front of me period.
As for pushing a female, you lay a hand on any female I'm with, straight up there is gonna be some Warren G/Nate Dog Regulate **** happening on the spot!
I just watched some of the Youtube videos about the Haven line cutting. I'm not racist and am not implying anything but why were the majority of the line cutters black or brown guys? Someone just mentioned in here that they shouldn't have stood for it. Maybe the guys would get super ignorant and attack people but I don't think they would. It also looked like a lot in the line were definitely smaller meek Asian or white guys and a lot just stood by when dudes clearly moved the gate and cut in. I wouldn't have stood for that but I also said I wouldn't be lining up for a sneaker.

They seem to have increased the prices by $5-10 from thurs-fri, still great prices but this is what a friend sent me yesterday:
Are you sure that bottom one is from yesterday. Friend who was there yesterday said the prices don't match the one she saw yesterday and also said it was printed on black paper.

I just watched some of the Youtube videos about the Haven line cutting. I'm not racist and am not implying anything but why were the majority of the line cutters black or brown guys? Someone just mentioned in here that they shouldn't have stood for it. Maybe the guys would get super ignorant and attack people but I don't think they would. It also looked like a lot in the line were definitely smaller meek Asian or white guys and a lot just stood by when dudes clearly moved the gate and cut in. I wouldn't have stood for that but I also said I wouldn't be lining up for a sneaker.

It's the same on the bball courts, you get guys bullying the lesser skilled players and then when ballers show up and destroys them the tuck their tails and bounce. They don't want to get plunked on their turf.

I'm pretty sure if one dude or a handful stood their ground they'd back down & act proper at the next release.

For example I was balling out in Van and these black Americans clearly balling together on the regular/if not a team were killing most squads cause they were better but also calling garbage fouls etc. They/3 of them tried to disrespect 1 Asian guy and he got into some karate stance and said lets go all of you right now. They didn't know what to do and brushed it off and bounced.

Long story short, you let people punk you and it'll never stop.
Stand your ground and they gotta decide if they want to get punked for all to see.

This. Im in my late 20s, i know theres a lot of older dudes in here but even at my age i dont really remember too many people in middle school/high school being into sneakers. I mean it was only a handful or so into kicks, now it seems like every highschooler is into sneakers.

Agreed with still liking sneakers but not stressing it. If i can get a pair i want then cool if not then its whatever. I wont go out my way to get em. Like the atmos am1 lol i missed out of those the first time around and again 10yrs later. Oh well

Lol if you actually make it up here one day. Give me a shout and we can meet up. Always down to kick it with another NTer.
aight bet, I'll keep that in mind if I'm up there at some point

Lol you can't stop it or beat it. People are gonna bud in line and at the end of the day when the employees know them, they'll get away with it. Probably buy up all the stock too. Usually the guys just hopping in line without knowing anybody end up getting booted but the friends of employees can all get away with it.
id make a fuss out of it, wouldn't happen as sweetly as you're saying

Are you sure that bottom one is from yesterday. Friend who was there yesterday said the prices don't match the one she saw yesterday and also said it was printed on black paper.
May have been from Thursday, but I received yesterday? Definitely from the Toronto sale though and prices are different than what I saw today. There was a 30min-1hr wait when I went around noon today, it was still good, got a few pieces. Not much choice for M/L size items aside from an abundance of midweight olive/terry hoodies/crewnecks/sweatpants.

This. Im in my late 20s, i know theres a lot of older dudes in here but even at my age i dont really remember too many people in middle school/high school being into sneakers. I mean it was only a handful or so into kicks, now it seems like every highschooler is into sneakers.

Agreed with still liking sneakers but not stressing it. If i can get a pair i want then cool if not then its whatever. I wont go out my way to get em. Like the atmos am1 lol i missed out of those the first time around and again 10yrs later. Oh well
There just weren't that many people into sneakers back then and most that were played ball.  If you rocked Jays, you were probably balling in them instead of walking on the street in them, because you didn't want to mess up the grip.

I think for many of us that came up during that time, it was about grabbing those pairs we missed out on when we were younger and lacked the funds to get.  For myself at least, once I grabbed most of those pairs, I was pretty much done and satisfied.

One thing that has changed is what happens when I do come across someone rocking kicks.  If I saw someone rocking a pair of Tiff SB's before,  It would be a head nod and acknowledgement of us both being in the game.  Nowadays, if I see a Ultra Boost, I'm kind of thinking ****, another hypebeast rocking these too?  You could say the community aspect of it all is mostly dead.

There just weren't that many people into sneakers back then and most that were played ball.  If you rocked Jays, you were probably balling in them instead of walking on the street in them, because you didn't want to mess up the grip.

I think for many of us that came up during that time, it was about grabbing those pairs we missed out on when we were younger and lacked the funds to get.  For myself at least, once I grabbed most of those pairs, I was pretty much done and satisfied.

One thing that has changed is what happens when I do come across someone rocking kicks.  If I saw someone rocking a pair of Tiff SB's before,  It would be a head nod and acknowledgement of us both being in the game.  Nowadays, if I see a Ultra Boost, I'm kind of thinking ****, another hypebeast rocking these too?  You could say the community aspect of it all is mostly dead.

All true.

Ya some of the things in here make me feel hella damn old lol. I remember when the hype on NT was those Tiffanys dunks and the ray gun dunks and ish, Bapes etc.

Man i remember being like 12yrs old and wanting a pair of bapestas soooo bad lol

Theyd let us in the computer lab at school to do work, id spend all the time looking up kicks on the internet :lol:. Kept getting in trouble

Last edited:

I was there on Thursday around noon and didn't see any posters up with "factory firsts" written on 'em. The stock at the sale has a whole mix of garments (some boxes explicitly say "seconds" and some garments have development notes on them still). So unless there was special stock put out on the floor, I'm not sure what the "factory firsts" posters were for

May have been from Thursday, but I received yesterday? Definitely from the Toronto sale though and prices are different than what I saw today. There was a 30min-1hr wait when I went around noon today, it was still good, got a few pieces. Not much choice for M/L size items aside from an abundance of midweight olive/terry hoodies/crewnecks/sweatpants.
Here's the list from Thursday (got there at 10am, was 14th (?) in line). Ended up walking out with the following, will be going back tomorrow for last dibs and probably those w+h Gazelles. Would've grabbed more, but work lol.

Here's the list from Thursday (got there at 10am, was 14th (?) in line). Ended up walking out with the following, will be going back tomorrow for last dibs and probably those w+h Gazelles. Would've grabbed more, but work lol.
guess you need to be early for dibs on grey/black sweaters. went at 1pm and it was olive galore lmao 

might go by to the sale tomrorow, kinda far tho (coming from sauga), but i really want that adidas x wings hoody. Any free parking in that area?

Back
Top Bottom