Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Anybody have any recommendations on tailors? I've been going to Studio Kim, but they are kinda out of the way, so am exploring new options.

I've been going to Professional Alterations and Dry Cleaning (5261 Highway 7) the owner is a real magician, tapered and hemmed a pair of jeans for me for about $15-16. If you live in or around Markham I would highly recommend it.

You could try Sydney's on Queen, though it's pretty close to Studio Kim, so the location issue doesn't change. I believe they do alterations in house. It was either there or Klaxon Howl that had the only chainstitch machine in Toronto for a while.

Other options are to call shops close to you that sell quality denim, and ask who they use/refer people to.

Could also try asking in the Toronto thread on Styleforum, as you'll likely get more responses.

If they're fairly expensive pairs though, personally I'd go with what I know and have been happy with, versus trialling a new spot with good pairs.

Mostly denim (some are fairly expensive pairs). I remember asking Haven before and they had pointed me to Studio Kim.

Looking for tapering.

According to one of Kai Bent-Lee's videos New Fashion Shop at Dundas and Bathurst is great for alterations. You can be sure that he's taking some pretty expensive stuff there. I've got quite a lot of dress trousers repaired there and its been good quality. I don't normally watch his videos but a "Best Tailor in Toronto" one popped up in suggested and checked it out, turned out it was the same place I was already going.

You could try Sydney's on Queen, though it's pretty close to Studio Kim, so the location issue doesn't change. I believe they do alterations in house. It was either there or Klaxon Howl that had the only chainstitch machine in Toronto for a while.

Other options are to call shops close to you that sell quality denim, and ask who they use/refer people to.

Could also try asking in the Toronto thread on Styleforum, as you'll likely get more responses.

If they're fairly expensive pairs though, personally I'd go with what I know and have been happy with, versus trialling a new spot with good pairs.

Actually come to think of it Dutil, just west of Sydney's, does denim alterations. Not sure they if they do tapering though. They have a chain stitch machine I think. https://www.dutildenim.com/more/hemming-repairs/

does anyone know off hand how the Kobe AD NXT Fit (the ones with the shroud over it) I wear a 9.5 in the Kobe Line from 8-10 so far, havent ran in the 11s, but i love the look of the NXTs . Looking to get sizing insight, and also if anyone has a hookup for the Volt, All white or Grey colorways that would be greatly appreciated

Might be better to find a shop and try them out. You can check the Kobe AD thread but seem sizing on the NXT have been mixed and all over the place.
https://niketalk.com/threads/the-of...life-after-kobe-out-now-time-to-shine.649743/
If you had to choose though seems TTS seems a relatively safe bet.

does anyone know off hand how the Kobe AD NXT Fit (the ones with the shroud over it) I wear a 9.5 in the Kobe Line from 8-10 so far, havent ran in the 11s, but i love the look of the NXTs . Looking to get sizing insight, and also if anyone has a hookup for the Volt, All white or Grey colorways that would be greatly appreciated
Last Kobes I had were 6s. Liked the white NXT but didn't see myself keeping it clean so I went with the red joints. Crazy grip on the sole. Was surprised how tight it felt. Went TTS. Haven't balled in them yet. Jury is still out.

Champs carries a few teams in the M&N shorts. I believe they are $170 + tax. I picked up a pair a month ago and got a Tailor to do the pockets. Much more practical to have the pockets.
Got the same shorts from probably the same spot. Will most likely do the same thing with the pockets.

Anybody have any recommendations on tailors? I've been going to Studio Kim, but they are kinda out of the way, so am exploring new options.

Kim is a magician with the needle. Tapering, European hemming, tightening the waist.
With tapering, I explicitly tell her not to cut the outside, but the inseam. When I get them back, everything is aligned.
I've spent enough cash there to buy a new pair of denim at retail and it's worth the drive and hassle of going there and finding parking.

Kim is a magician with the needle. Tapering, European hemming, tightening the waist.
With tapering, I explicitly tell her not to cut the outside, but the inseam. When I get them back, everything is aligned.
I've spent enough cash there to buy a new pair of denim at retail and it's worth the drive and hassle of going there and finding parking.
Whoa kim can do taper from the inseam? I have some raw denim and would love to taper them but most the time the tailors tell me they can't do it from the inside instead of outside and I don't want my selvedge to disappear. how much for a pair of tapering raw denim without losing selvedge?

Whoa kim can do taper from the inseam? I have some raw denim and would love to taper them but most the time the tailors tell me they can't do it from the inside instead of outside and I don't want my selvedge to disappear. how much for a pair of tapering raw denim without losing selvedge?

all tailors should be able to do the inseam but it requires more work on their part so they don't normally offer up that service right off the bat. If they don't do the inseams i would suggest a new tailor tbh. I use a tailor in Scarborough at the Brimley/Sheppard plaza who's pretty good. She's fair in price and does pretty good work

Ya those are the ones, didnt realize they dropped the swingman raptors already. Cats in the m&n thread been saying the quality is not very good. The authentics can def be had at least 30% off and imo quality wise they are well worth it. Better off spending a lil more for better quality.

@elijahdukes and DYNAMICS DYNAMICS can vouch for it

Joints are kinda addicting tho :lol: im up to like 8 pairs smh

Yeah pretty much all I wore this past summer was M&N shorts when I could. My advice would be just stick to your budget. If you don't have a good Champs/FL plug for those 50% employee sales, check the M&N thread. It's regularly updated with sales, and my guess is the next ones will pop-up around Black Friday. Authentics are better quality wise, but swingmans have pockets. Certain teams you can see the quality/detail differences, others the average person can't.

Studio Kim is my #1 option always. Like you she's out of the way for me, but it's worth it. She's the absolute best. In most cases when I get things done by her I'm never in a rush so I'll drop stuff off and come back a week or 2 later when I'm in the area.

I swear by Studio Kim, but will go to Magic Tailor on Yonge as an alternative if Kim's busy.

This. if for some reason I can't go to SK, I do MT. There's also a tailor in the Atrium a few of my friends use and another one in Yorkville (I have to get store's name). But if you're looking for a tailor specifically to get pockets added, SK is the one. I believe I was the first customer to get pockets added to my shorts, and since then I've just sent a bunch of people to go there and get theirs done.

I just carry a fanny pack around

Yeah I do this even after I added pockets. Just on Sunday my car keys dropped out of my shorts pockets while hanging out at a bar. Thank god I didn't move around much so I found them. I should've just threw them in my shoulder bag. :lol:

Anyone win the online draw for the 1st 5 pairs from the Nike x OW collection today?

Anyone win the online draw for the 1st 5 pairs from the Nike x OW collection today?
My bro won for blazers. He is planning on taking a flight there but is scared they might turn him away. Under rules and regulations it says for US residents only. He's not sure if he should take that risk now, pay for flight, take day off work. Any suggestions?

Wasn't this NYC only?

If you have a NDC USA account (and USA phone #) you could enter. Just have to make sure your ID matches up with the name you entered.

My bro won for blazers. He is planning on taking a flight there but is scared they might turn him away. Under rules and regulations it says for US residents only. He's not sure if he should take that risk now, pay for flight, take day off work. Any suggestions?

Yeah I was concerned about this. If I had won I was still going to go down there and take the risk. The fact that Nike NYC's Twitter account replied to Canadians stating they can enter as long as they provide ID gave me hope.

Back
Top Bottom