Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Just know that Casey getting fired was just the first thing to start the domino effect. We all know the huge contracts that Demar, Serge and Kyle have but expect one of those three to be gone before the season starts. I could see something like the Demarre Carroll salary dump happening but we also don't have any draft picks to incentivize deals to clear cap space. I don't think they should have signed Serge or Kyle last offseason but they were between a rock and a hard place. Kyle is still an "elite" point guard where Fred and Delon are still too young and unproven. Even after Van Vleet's season this year...would anyone say he's a legitimate starter? We also don't have any depth in Serge's position other than Siakham. Siakham should start though if they move Serge somehow.

A lot of **** has just hit the fan now that they lost to Lebron AGAIN, but it's the way they lost too. If this was a 7 game series and the Cavs won...I can ensure you that Casey still has his job now.

Anyone stopping by Haven in the next hour to sign-up, can you let me know how the line is?

Debating heading down and dealing with traffic for this.

Anyone stopping by Haven in the next hour to sign-up, can you let me know how the line is?

Debating heading down and dealing with traffic for this.

You're a 12 as well right? Not worth it, line is massive mate.:lol: Even with like 20 people in front of me it took less than 15 mins earlier as there's 3 ipads for signup.

You're a 12 as well right? Not worth it, line is massive mate.:lol: Even with like 20 people in front of me it took less than 15 mins earlier as there's 3 ipads for signup.

Wasn't going for my size. I'm almost there anyways. :lol:

VM has black sail AJ1 on hash wall. Also blue flyknit trainers on hash. Not much else.

Anyone want Blue Moon 1s gs size 6y before I return. Wifey hit on those and satin sbb but I told her she can't keep both. Lol

I think it's tough. I mean, Stevens is getting so much praise for getting through this far with the players he has, but if the Cavs sweep them the world is going to say Stevens was missing Kyrie and Hayward. For him, there's only winning. Casey realistically had the team looking the best they ever had until the Cavs started clicking. If anyone here says they didn't think the Raptors were going to beat the Cavs after the first half of game 1...

Casey is, by no means, a coach without flaws. But if your #1 scoring option is having a bad series it's generally tough to win (outside of Golden State). And if one of 8 players who had a shot at winning game 1 didn't miss a point blank layup... This seems like a change to make a change. Now you're going to have multiple seasons where, if Derozan can't perform when needed, there is no one else to blame. So a coach, who after being stubborn AF finally turns the corner. Sure, they couldn't make it past LeBron, but that's been done 0 times in the last 8 seasons in the Eastern Conference.

I think Masai should have waited until after the ECF were over to look for a new coach. I don't think Bud would be taken by another team at that point. But personally, I would have given Casey one more shot.

Writing was on the wall. When else do you get someone winning COTY and the organization needs "further evaluation" (instead of a He's Our Guy vote of confidence)
Denver fired George Karl 29 days after winnimg COTY. Think that was the only time it ever happened lol

I think Masai might have left right before the firing. Not 100% sure.

Casey recently won the nba coaches association coach of the year award, also called the Michael h goldberg award (votes by nba coaches). This is different than the red Auerbach trophy for nba coach of the year (the official nba award, voted by the media). The official award isn’t given out until after the playoffs are over.

George Karl did win the red Auerbach trophy and subsequently got fired. It was over a contract dispute. And Masai already left for the raptors when Karl got fired.

It's good there was little hype on the curry 1s. Only issue was Nike's trash website that kept throwing connection errors every 2 minutes. Ended up copping just before 6am before work after I gave up at 3. :sick:

Regarding Coach Casey:
Can’t cost-efficiently or immediately move players, and you want to keep the fans engaged... cheapest solution was to let the Coach go.

I was in Cleveland for Game 4, and it was a mess. Almost felt like the players were in on it. I actually talked to many players prior to the game as I stayed in the same hotel as them, and Coach Casey looked really stressed. Odd thing was Assistant Coach Rex Kalamian had a “2 hour” late lunchwith what looked like some friends and not anyone part of the team staff and was hanging out in the lobby only until 1 hour before the players boarded the bus.

It’s almost as if Rex wasn’t on the same page as Casey... I mean everyone is entitled to 2 hour lunch... but c’mon... a do or die game and your hanging out in the lobby?

I used the steam directly on the crease on and off for about 5 min, 15 seconds at a time and then stuffed the toe. That's all I did for the crease and it went away but for the glue stains I used the steam to loosen it up and a soft tooth brush to get it off the mesh. It worked amazing even though I was not too optimistic at first.

For the glue stain you can dab a qtip swab in nail polish remover and rub off

HH

25% off clearance
20% off hash

Of Note
Triple Black AJ1 Hi with the red Nike tongue tab $119
Flyknit Shadow 1
Lebron XV Crimson upper with cream midsole?
2017 Hyperdunk Kay Yow
AF1 Jewel Cream
AF1 Jewel Off white/eggshell
1x sz 8.5 BHM AJ1 flyknit on bash

Those AF1 jewels - were they mids or lows?

Back
Top Bottom