Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Nike is closing canadian stores for 12 days starting tomorrow. Source: https://canoe.com/business/money-news/nike-to-close-all-stores-in-canada-u-s-several-other-countries

With that said, I was at vaughan and they had a lot of am 98 on hash, mostly for $150 before 25% off. One colourway was the on air nyc. Not much of a selection for clearance clothing.

50 off everything at Reebok and adidas (a few exceptions: eg nhl jerseys).

sanitizer stations all over the mall
appreciate the update did u happen to see a 13 in the on air 98's thanks in advanced

appreciate the update did u happen to see a 13 in the on air 98's thanks in advanced

Sorry, didn’t check out the section for large sizes. I would say chances are good since sizes 8-9 were there (these always sell quick) and there weren’t many people shopping

Haven will be closing both locations starting tomorrow due to health concerns.

this is what happens when you breed sheep in a society that don't run on logic and believe everything the media tells them.

there was hardly the same response with SARS or swine (was it swine?) flu because social media barely existed back then, so idiots couldn't follow other idiots and could actually formulate thoughts and opinions themselves.

now you can access the news with the swipe of a finger and you have THOUSANDS of more news outlets today than in 2009 reporting nonsense, putting fear into people, etc. it's quite sad.

do i think we have a problem withe coronavirus? yes. is it blow out of proportion by the media? hell yes.

took me 1.5hrs today to get groceries.

Are you a health professional?

I’m not the only one, right? Heard from “a friend of a friend who works for the government” about the (possible) upcoming 2 week lockdown?

^ Nope, not just you.

My wife's co-worker's husband's friend (exhausting chain, I know) is a pharmacist and apparently heard only pharmacy + grocery stores might be open for a 2 week period.

Obviously I can't confirm that.

Trying not to give in to the hype, but it's hard not to when everyday something else in the city shuts down.

I just went to two No Frill's locations today. Markham HWY 7 = no meat, minimal fruit selection (no bananas for instance). Mississauga Mavis = fully stocked in meat and produce. No significant lines in either one.

The OG source

C99713EF-C811-4A50-A8C1-4D4102B89100.gif

Government departments have been told to allow employees to work from home if possible. If you can't find arrangements for child care and can't work from home, you will get 3 weeks of paid leave. I've heard some departments will be closing offices until April 5th.

This has become very serious. Stay home and only go out if you need to get food or medicine. We have the information and have a chance to lessen the damage. Italy took it for granted with everyone saying "It's just a flu", and now they are basically picking and choosing who lives and who dies because they don't have enough beds and equipment to treat everyone. Slow the spread and flatten the curve. If you have an internet connection at home, there is more than enough stuff to keep you entertained.

^ Nope, not just you.

My wife's co-worker's husband's friend (exhausting chain, I know) is a pharmacist and apparently heard only pharmacy + grocery stores might be open for a 2 week period.

Obviously I can't confirm that.

Trying not to give in to the hype, but it's hard not to when everyday something else in the city shuts down.

I just went to two No Frill's locations today. Markham HWY 7 = no meat, minimal fruit selection (no bananas for instance). Mississauga Mavis = fully stocked in meat and produce. No significant lines in either one.

I usually grocery shop on Mondays, so today will be very interesting. Hopefully I'm able to get what I need. The difference 7 days makes. Last Monday the issue wasn't deemed serious in North America and everything seemed normal when I was out and about. Fast forward to a few hours ago when I was out....streets downtown empty, restaurants slow.

Also got an email from Goodlife/Fit4Less that gyms will be shut down.

I usually grocery shop on Mondays, so today will be very interesting. Hopefully I'm able to get what I need. The difference 7 days makes. Last Monday the issue wasn't deemed serious in North America and everything seemed normal when I was out and about. Fast forward to a few hours ago when I was out....streets downtown empty, restaurants slow.

Also got an email from Goodlife/Fit4Less that gyms will be shut down.
The power of social media. Things started to escalate once the NBA suspended the season, along with Tom Hanks announcing he had the virus.

Government departments have been told to allow employees to work from home if possible. If you can't find arrangements for child care and can't work from home, you will get 3 weeks of paid leave. I've heard some departments will be closing offices until April 5th.

This has become very serious. Stay home and only go out if you need to get food or medicine. We have the information and have a chance to lessen the damage. Italy took it for granted with everyone saying "It's just a flu", and now they are basically picking and choosing who lives and who dies because they don't have enough beds and equipment to treat everyone. Slow the spread and flatten the curve. If you have an internet connection at home, there is more than enough stuff to keep you entertained.

more so due to their culture's greeting of kissing on the cheeks 2 times, and also churches with the holy water when you enter in, where everyone touches it.
that's my guess tho, not scientifically proven but it makes logical sense to me.

I honestly think they already know theyre going to shut the city down. I think they're just doing it in stages... im sure bigger news are to come before the end of the week.

I honestly think they already know theyre going to shut the city down. I think they're just doing it in stages... im sure bigger news are to come before the end of the week.
Would not be surprised.

I'm a nurse, and they're already sending emails trying to recruit people to work or volunteer.

Would not be surprised.

I'm a nurse, and they're already sending emails trying to recruit people to work or volunteer.

Well thank you and to all the rest of the health care personnel! Let's just all do our part and limit going out, washing our hands, sanitizing and what not.

We will get through this but with everyone's effort we can get through this quicker.

My work closed for the day, but no word on a long term closure like the rest of the retailers. Im hoping so because in retail I run the risk of getting this virus, and people are out just to be out because they're bored (idiots.) I did some groceries today and it seems to have calmed down a lot. While theres stuff out of stock still, I can see a lot more product available. Anybody been considering getting their groceries delivered? Might opt for it to avoid any stress or unnecessary contact

^ Tried the Loblaws grocery delivery thing because there was a $25 off when you spend $50 promo going on. Figured I'd get a box of diapers and everything else is kind of a freebie bonus with the promo.

IMO, not worth it. Prices are a lot higher online than in-store, and flyer prices aren't reflected/adjustable. Don't think I'll be using it again until I absolutely have to.

Could be handy for seniors or people with disabilities that couldn't/shouldn't be out shopping in the current situation though.

Went to my local Wal-Mart this morning. They open at 7am but I took my time and went a little after 8 (wrong move). Signs were posted all over the store listing products that are limited to 1 per customer. Eggs were sold out, along with most toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning products, water, sanitizers and bacterial soap.

The few employees I spoke to said they restock the shelves overnight so pretty much there was a crowd waiting at open and rushed in. Luckily, people who thought they could slip through self checkout with multiple items were stopped by cashiers and attendants, and items were taken from them.

Stuff I wasn't able to get initially I got from the confiscated extras the self checkout attendants had to side.

So pretty much if you're going to Wal-Mart or these big box stores that have item limits, check the cashier area or ask a self checkout attendant for the stuff extras they took away from customers.

Last edited:
For those who use GOAT, I'm trying to use it for the first time and wondering what the process is like in Canada. Do they send you a DHL/Canada Post/UPS shipping label and you just slap it on the shipping box and send it to them?

Just a heads up, going to independent stores in your area are well stocked compared to big box stores like Walmart, Costco and Loblaws.

Also, those local spots and independent grocers need your support wayyyy more than those big box stores.

Lastly, for those who have some symptoms, if you do the Ontario self assessment and call the healthline, more often than not, you won't be able to get tested. They really are saving their bandwidth for severe cases. Which is: fever above 40 + shortness of breath.

I'm in the food sanitation industry, grocery chain/Meat packing plants are work mad hours while they can to fulfil the demands. I think they are on a thin rope, they aren't taking enough extra precations for their employees because you can't have them work harder and longer hours and still be as sanitary. There isn't enough time. It's only time before an over worked employee gets sick and spreads it around the plant forcing a shutdown. Other facilities like eggbreaking are very cautionous, cutting hours to minimize people contact, checking temperature, separating employees and shifts and extra sanitization. Most managements don't know what they are doing and they are winging it day by day like our government and everyone else. But we are all trying our best to keep things going and as long as these plants are running, there will be enough food. The shelves will restock.

Some people want a complete shut down now so they don't have to work, but they don't understand that we can't afford to do that. We would be in deep **** if there's no food, water and other necessities. This is all fun and okay for a week, it will get really real when you don't have money or food after a few weeks.

Nt,

Im hearing about this 400 or 500 gst or something. Whats the deal with this? Where do we claim this? Whats the threshold?

Back
Top Bottom