OFFICIAL .tOSU vs Meechigan...Roses for those Buckeyes.!!!!!

are you ignorant? The Game has been going on for over 100 years and has showcased some of the greatest players and coaches ever and some of the greatest games. lol at you thinking that is laughable to say, that just shows your own ignorance. many people who have seen and know more about sports history than you do will tell you Ohio State-Michigan is the GOAT rivalry. it is generally ranked #1 in North American sports rivalries, or next to Yankees-Red Sox.

Oh no, Mich/OSU fans agreeing on something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan-Ohio_State_rivalry

I know that pretty much every year around this time ESPN puts a poll up and asks the greatest rivalry in all of sports. Michigan/OSU is usually either #1 or #2

Mich/OSU is THE GAME, don't get it twisted
smh.gif

I think this is gonna be one hell of a game. OSU is the better team, but I think the emotion of Hart and the rest of those seniors at home are gonna bring UMover the top for the W. There is no injury that should keep Hart of Henne out of this game, unless its life threatening, I don't want to hear it
smh.gif
. I justreally hope UM can get off to a decent start this week, that's gonna be key.

I heard Llyod announced to the team on monday that he will be retiring, and will announce to the media shortly after THE GAME. I think he announced it prior tothe game to get the players wiled up to win the last one for him. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'll be in attendance, good lookin out AnswerIV
pimp.gif

There is no injury that should keep Hart of Henne out of this game, unless its life threatening, I don't want to hear it
I really doubt that they were really injured badly the last couple weeks. They knew that all they needed was awin against OSU and they would go to the Rose Bowl....they weren't risking Hart or Henne against Wisky.

Just peeped the special on HBO about this rivalry. Although I love the rivalry, the show was boring as hell

^^^ I was going to watch that but did not get a chance to... though it would be pretty good , quess not...

I thought O$U fans would have loved it from everything I have heard. I TiVoed it but heard it was a little slanted to The Browneyes side of things. Alot onWoody and Bo but then they breeze through the other 2 decades to get to Tre$$ell. Oh well. I am more interested in Saturday.

here are some awesome tidbits.... from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan-Ohio_State_rivalry#Game_results

Other
than (often) the Big Ten Championship Trophy, there is no trophy for the Michigan-Ohio State game. However, Ohio State has a separate tradition. Whenthe Buckeyes win the game, each team member receives a pair of "Gold Pants," a small golden charm of football pants worn by football players onnecklaces. This tradition was started by former coach Francis Schmidt, who remarked in 1934 about a heavily favored Michigan team "They put their pants onone leg at a time, the same as we do!"
Participants of the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry have produced two Heisman Trophy firsts. OSU running back Archie Griffin is the only player to ever win theHeisman twice, doing so in 1974 and 1975. Michigan cornerback Charles Woodson became the first primarily defensive player to win the award in 1997.
Ohio State fans often sing a song during rivalry games to the tune of The Old Grey Mare the words of which are "We don't give a damn for the wholestate of Michigan...'cause we're from O-hi-o"
In honor of the 100th meeting between the schools in 2003, US Representative Stephanie Tubbs Jones of Ohio proposed a resolution in the House to recognizeMichigan and Ohio State as the "greatest sports rivalry in history." [10]
In 2003, a judge in Columbus, Ohio allowed Jeff Renne, an inmate charged with forgery, to stay in a local jail so that he could watch the 100th game betweenOSU and Michigan. Renne told the judge that he would plead guilty as long as he could stay in jail for the weekend and watch the game before he was relocatedto a prison.[11]
In 2004, Michigan and Ohio State announced a deal with SBC Communications to sponsor their football game for the next two years for $1.06 million, tobe split between the universities. The game would be dubbed the "SBC Michigan-Ohio State Classic" that year and the order of the school names wouldbe switched the next. Advertisements were to be placed on billboards in Ohio Stadium, but not on the field or on player uniforms, nor anywhere in MichiganStadium, where there is no commercial advertising. Fans and alumni of both schools were outraged and ultimately the deal was cancelled. The game remainsunsponsored. [12]
pimp.gif

Following the general elections in 2006, the race in Ohio's 15th congressional district was disputed between incumbent Deborah Pryce andchallenger Mary Jo Kilroy. The district delayed recounting votes until after the Michigan-Ohio State game in Columbus on November 18. [13]
In 2006, half an hour after the Ohio State-Michigan game ended, the Ohio Lottery PICK 4 evening drawing was 4-2-3-9, matching the final score of thegame and paying out up to $5,000 per winner, for a total payout of $2.2 million.[14]
eek.gif

In 2006, the Ohio High School Athletic Association had to change the times of many post-season high school football games because of the OhioState-Michigan game. [15]
In 2006, press reports indicated that the two schools had turned down several million dollars from a broadcast network to reschedule the game from the Saturdaybefore Thanksgiving to later in the season.
The 2007 game will mark the first time since 1959 that both Ohio State and Michigan lost in their immediately preceding games; Michigan lost to Wisconsin, andOhio State lost to Illinois.

I thought O$U fans would have loved it from everything I have heard.
Ya, I could understand OSU or MICH fans liking it. the Woody Hayes/ Bo stories just dragged on for a while. Definitely check it out, but forsomeone with no relevance to either school (myself), I thought it was boring.

WHen are they going to put up a spread for this game? I want to jump all over Michigan but they havent even came out with a damn spread yet

Originally Posted by dreClark

Mario Manningham better stop whining like a
e5835ee7e03e5f6b9b6d9078baa893704070ca5.gif
and play ball
Sorry but that won't happen. Kid is a baby. I will not miss him. Waiting for Darryl Stonum to come in and show why he was offered the #1 jersey asa True Frosh. WR is not a group where I am worried about for next year. Clemons, Hemingway, Arrington, Mathews, Stonum maybe Babb and Webb also.

Hmm it's wednesday and only two pages? I thought it would be more. Not so much hype from everyone else I guess.

Anyways....Hopefully the Todd Boeckman we seen throughout the year comes up to play and not the one that played last Saturday. We need to try and keepManningham on lock. We got the talent to do it but he's putting up insane numbers right and just playing like a beast. I fully expect Mike Hart to break125+ or die trying. On offense we need Beanie to have a huge game. If Boeckman isn't sharp Beanie needs to take over. I think we can pull this one out andhead to the Rose Bowl. Buckeyes by ten with a late Touchdown. Let's Go Bucks!!!!!

Complicating OSU's running back situation is that both top backups also got dinged up in the Illinois game. Second team running back Maurice Wells came out of the game with his ankle in a boot, and third team running back Brandon Saine finished the game in street clothes after suffering a mild concussion.
""Mo is doing fine and hopefully Brandon will be with us this week," said Wells.
"I'm not sure what happened with Brandon. Mo, I think, just rolled his ankle. The ankle is something you've got to roll with. We're going to need Mo."
"I see them in training room and they're both making strides," added Johnson.
http://www.theozone.net/football/2007/Michigan/runningbacks.htm

I think Saine will be a big part of the offense if he can go. So hopefully..

As far as Manningham, I kinda hope they put Malcolm on em, b/c if they have Mj at saftey most of the game, Mario gonna have a big day.

As far as Manningham, I kinda hope they put Malcolm on em, b/c if they have Mj at saftey most of the game, Mario gonna have a big day.
Maybe Jenkins will keep throwing punches and try to keep MM in check. I love how nothing will come of that disgrace by those 2 schools.

I just watched the HBO special. Man they showed a ton of Browneye love but the good thing was how easily you could see the differences between the people fromOhio and Michigan. God, people from Ohio are trashy. I hate Ohio $tate. I am really excited for this game but the week is going to be busy so not alot of timefor me to get into it with people.
frown.gif
. I hope it is another classic gamewith my Wolverines winning.

3 games and you come with that
eyes.gif

and i have just one question for you: if you can only watch ONE game is it yale/harvard or michigan/ohio state?

Nothing to do with the name. Amazing though the fired up responses just because someone posted an article that showed some historical significance.

And if that Penn State comment was directed towards me, what made you think I like Penn State? I don't......

And it seems that since niether team is going to go to the championship game (unless a variety of things happen for ohio state), it isn't as hyped as yearspast

2 reasons the game aint as hyped as the past few years,
1.) Last years game was one for the ages, an awesome game, I personally like the 3:30pm kickoff time... the game ending under the lights
pimp.gif

2.)the fact that after Ohio St beat Penn St, Wish, and heading into the ILL game it was almost a lock that if we beat IL and UM we got to the BCS title gameagain... now that there is a lower percentage of a chance the buckeyes get to go is slim and no chance for Mich then its just not the same...
HOWEVER .... The winner gets to go to the frickin ROSE BOWL..the grandaddy of them all..... if this game was before the BCS stuff it would be just as big aslast year (or close to it).... growing up I always heard the same phrase, something like " well cooper was 8-2 in the preseason, but 0-1 when itcounts"... (THE MEECHIGAN GAME.) just beause the media is not hyping the mess out of this game, like last year, i still thing it will be a HUGE game...most buckeye fans and Meeechigan fans will say the same thing.... this game give us all goosebumps, and its like waiting for christmas as a kid.....I LOVE thisrivarly... I live in Okla and the Texas/OU game is HUGE, but does not touch the same type of atmosphere that it was when I was a kid living in columbus... boyoh boy i miss those cold november saturdays in Columbus counting down the weeks/days/hours til kickoff....I could go on and on about the game and just MYexperences with the game...but ill leave that for another day.. However.....I am going to next years game.. in COLUMBUS..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

its one of the best college fb rivalries, but come on the best rivalry ever in sports ?

are you ignorant? The Game has been going on for over 100 years and has showcased some of the greatest players and coaches ever and some of the greatest games. lol at you thinking that is laughable to say, that just shows your own ignorance. many people who have seen and know more about sports history than you do will tell you Ohio State-Michigan is the GOAT rivalry. it is generally ranked #1 in North American sports rivalries, or next to Yankees-Red Sox.

please name two richer rivalries than OSU-UM.

Glad you mentioned that. No way in hell the greatest rivalry in all of sports goes to anything other than Brazil vs. Argentina.

I thought O$U fans would have loved it from everything I have heard. I TiVoed it but heard it was a little slanted to The Browneyes side of things. Alot on Woody and Bo but then they breeze through the other 2 decades to get to Tre$$ell. Oh well. I am more interested in Saturday.
They killed Cooper (and deservedly so) so it's an even trade.

i heard desmond gave some interesting analysis on his punt return
laugh.gif

now that Oregon lost, its a bit more interesting
smile.gif
this game has a lil more draw to it now.... only 4 more teams need to lose for tOSU to move to#2....(haha... hey a fan can hope right.)

Back
Top Bottom