Official Umar Johnson Thread

It’s not like he’s fighting up the cruiserweight ladder and against pro boxers. It’s all sensational freak show that’s so far been against MMA fighters or NBA players. He was supposed to go against Tommy Fury, a “real” boxer.

It’s not like he’s fighting up the cruiserweight ladder and against pro boxers. It’s all sensational freak show that’s so far been against MMA fighters or NBA players. He was supposed to go against Tommy Fury, a “real” boxer.

He knows better than to fight someone like Fury.

Okay, white and a YouTuber.
I think the combo of the two is really what makes it get under a lot of folks skin. Cuz we've probably all said or at least thought to ourselves that this whoever's sitting behind the screen ain't about to talk like that in person.

But now we've got this guy known from that screen and laying out dudes willing to accept the challenge.

Cant really separate it actually, imo.

I think the combo of the two is really what makes it get under a lot of folks skin. Cuz we've probably all said or at least thought to ourselves that this whoever's sitting behind the screen ain't about to talk like that in person.

But now we've got this guy known from that screen and laying out dudes willing to accept the challenge.

Cant really separate it actually, imo.

Again, who has he really “fought” though?

This Meme boxing thing is entertaining and provides the lulz, but I think most people would feel differently if Jake was taking on real boxers.

I could be wrong doe.

Again, who has he really “fought” though?

This Meme boxing thing is entertaining and provides the lulz, but I think most people would feel differently if Jake was taking on real boxers.

I could be wrong doe.
Right, I hear ya. But at the same time, him getting smacked down by a real boxer doesnt speak to what the average youtube consumer could do against him.

I could be wrong as well. I'm not a youtube consumer and dont really care who is saying what behind a screen or through a keyboard. That said, I've seen enough internet conversations to know everyone assumes everyone else is just a keyboard warrior.

Not sure I can explain this well enough to be honest.

But i definitely feel like the youtuber thing in addition to him being white is what making folks go up a wall with each win he gets.

As to who he is beating, yeah, non-professional boxers for sure. But that's more of a chance than what most loud mouths would even take, let alone defeat the challenge.

Itd peak my interest if he went up against a semi-pro like Kendall Gill. KG been boxing for many many years. Hes no pro, and hes old, but hes got the skills, knowhow and size to make the fight worth a watch, IMO.

Right, I hear ya. But at the same time, him getting smacked down by a real boxer doesnt speak to what the average youtube consumer could do against him.

I could be wrong as well. I'm not a youtube consumer and dont really care who is saying what behind a screen or through a keyboard. That said, I've seen enough internet conversations to know everyone assumes everyone else is just a keyboard warrior.

Not sure I can explain this well enough to be honest.

But i definitely feel like the youtuber thing in addition to him being white is what making folks go up a wall with each win he gets.

As to who he is beating, yeah, non-professional boxers for sure. But that's more of a chance than what most loud mouths would even take, let alone defeat the challenge.

Itd peak my interest if he went up against a semi-pro like Kendall Gill. KG been boxing for many many years. Hes no pro, and hes old, but hes got the skills, knowhow and size to make the fight worth a watch, IMO.
It's not necessarily the fact he's a Youtuber, it's that he has long had the reputation of being one of the most utterly obnoxious youtubers ever. Easily one of the most hated people on the platform.

It's not necessarily the fact he's a Youtuber, it's that he has long had the reputation of being one of the most utterly obnoxious youtubers ever. Easily one of the most hated people on the platform.

Which is why he is a draw in the sport. People are willing to pay to see him lose.

Same as they did when Ali and Floyd were on top of the game.

YES, I AM comparing him to them. :nerd:

It's weird to me that people are taking it personal when Jake Paul knocks out black dudes. Reminds me of the white men that get mad at black men dating white women.

Idk what Kendall Gill is talking about, Jake Paul is about 6'1 not 5'10. Nate and Woodley are listed at 5'9 so you can see the difference when they squared up.

Plus Kendall Gill is 53 calling out a 24 year old. Only footage of him I can find is mad old so I don't know if he's gotten nicer with the hands since then.

Back
Top Bottom