Official Umar Johnson Thread

Damn layziegunts layziegunts !! I just peeped your valentines day thread and all I gotta say is that I now understand why you ride so hard for Umar Johnson. You're both cut from the same crooked cloth.

Preaching all this pro-black/pan-africanism s*** and your out there chasing them snow bunnies. :smh::smh:

um, that was 5 years ago on a trip to Brazil. I was out there having fun with my boys and I wasnt as black empowerment as I am now. I wasmt trying to wife them up, I was just looking for cheeks. Thats all you got?

Im bored at work before I leave, I roll with Tariq to a certain point. He can come off like a bird on social media and I think he is more in it for fame and to push his Mink Slide album (smh)

Nah. Tariq has done good work educating folks with Hidden Colors and his 1804 doc amongst other things

He is the one of the only blue checks on Twitter to constantly expose agents of WS and speak on it. All these ****** make money from other avenues and they shouldn't he condemned for it. He may be wrong in certain aspects but Tariq is thorough.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Should we rename the thread "Pan-Africanism - Black People Worldwide Issues"

or something like that , they created a "ADOS" thread they made it clear only Americans can participate in this thread, while this one would deal with the black WORLD

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Should we rename the thread "Pan-Africanism - Black People Worldwide Issues"

or something like that , they created a "ADOS" thread they made it clear only Americans can participate in this thread, while this one would deal with the black WORLD

That’s not a bad idea at all, although I think it may over lap with the black culture thread don’t you think?

I haven’t been to the ADOS thread yet but I don’t think I mind iniatives being focused directly on that group. If reparations comes around, as a Haitian I don’t expect to get anything from it and I’m okay with that. Personally I think black people who don’t have their histories rooted here in America have pretty big advantages over Afrincan Americans as we don’t have the mental
Shackles they have from having to be second class Citizens for generations.

That’s not a bad idea at all, although I think it may over lap with the black culture thread don’t you think?

I haven’t been to the ADOS thread yet but I don’t think I mind iniatives being focused directly on that group. If reparations comes around, as a Haitian I don’t expect to get anything from it and I’m okay with that. Personally I think black people who don’t have their histories rooted here in America have pretty big advantages over Afrincan Americans as we don’t have the mental
Shackles they have from having to be second class Citizens for generations.

Don't bother with bruh . He just be talking sometimes. Nobody said anybody couldn't come in the thread :lol:

Changing it to the pan African thread may be a good idea though

Shackles they have from having to be second class Citizens for generations

Huh? Ypu know the enslavement of Africans and the repercussions happened in the rest of the Americas right? Jamaica, Grenda, Haiti, Brazil, Colombia, etc.

Huh? Ypu know the enslavement of Africans and the repercussions happened in the rest of the Americas right? Jamaica, Grenda, Haiti, Brazil, Colombia, etc.

Yes for sure, but America is like a bubble, black immigrants don’t suffer from the same mental conditioning that comes from being born generationally black in America. Not to say that other black people don’t have issues, but there’s a certain freedom that comes from knowing your own personal history and identity if that makes sense. African Americans have been systemically stripped of that for generations.

One of the very real reasons that many african americans are having issues in this country, has much to do with the spiritual connection, or lack thereof. There is a movement toward African Traditional religions, those that encourage ancestral worship. Being christian is like voting against your best interests, of which does not allow you the freedom to grow away from dogma and prejudices that encourage self hate. As soon as you move away from the you are born of sin bullcrap, you then get an awareness that none of your existence is a mistake. This gives you a sense of purpose, something that is missing from a group people who struggle with finding that place to belong. Once you are comfortable with yourself, then belonging is no longer in question. You then cannot be controlled, you then cannot be predictable. Black people in america, are far too predictable. This is why Black people must stop running to Jesus.

Yes for sure, but America is like a bubble, black immigrants don’t suffer from the same mental conditioning that comes from being born generationally black in America. Not to say that other black people don’t have issues, but there’s a certain freedom that comes from knowing your own personal history and identity if that makes sense. African Americans have been systemically stripped of that for generations.

You are confusing Africans (Nigeria, Ghana, other continental Africans) with Caribbeans and other parts of the Americas.
People in Jamaica were stripped of their identity the same way Americans were.

Whatever happened in America to former enslaved Africans is the same thing that happened in Jamaica, Haiti, Trinidad, Guyana, Brazil, etc.

You are confusing Africans (Nigeria, Ghana, other continental Africans) with Caribbeans and other parts of the Americas.
People in Jamaica were stripped of their identity the same way Americans were.

Whatever happened in America to former enslaved Africans is the same thing that happened in Jamaica, Haiti, Trinidad, Guyana, Brazil, etc.

But none of them were subjected to America’s specific brand of racism, colonialism, and imperialsm. That’s the differentiation in trying to make. Jamaicans, Haitians, etcs haven’t been baked into the the American “African American” experience the same way that ADOS are. That’s not to say that Caribbean and African folk don’t have their share of colonial/imperial damage. But when your black coming here from and with a culture other than the one born out of America relieves you of a lot of the generational conditioning that comes with having your history rooted in America. I can’t think of a single first generation black person that I grew up with or around that can say that they grew up in the same way as their African American counterparts. Again that’s not to say that Caribbean and African folks don’t feel the same the impacts colonialism, but not being from here allows you to come here and move different. Doesn’t mean that these folks come here and become wildly successful or anything like that, but transplants can maneuver through the system in a way that’s different from ADOS.

Hopefully I articulated that well enough to express what I mean. This is coming from a first generation Haitian with parents that barely made an effort to assimilate outside of work.

Last edited:
well duh, America is a different country than the others.

So, all Im saying is that the experience isn't the same, but they are similar. African-Americans are not the same as African-Jamaicas, Africans-Haitian, or African-Brazilians. So yes, we shouldnt be apart of the "ADOS" conversation because we didnt grow up in America nor are we Aemericans, but its worth mentioning that the experiences are very similar because enslavement and oppression isn't synonymous with America.

But none of them were subjected to America’s specific brand of racism, colonialism, and imperialsm. That’s the differentiation in trying to make. Jamaicans, Haitians, etcs haven’t been baked into the the American “African American” experience the same way that ADOS are. That’s not to say that Caribbean and African folk don’t have their share of colonial/imperial damage. But when your black coming here from and with a culture other than the one born out of America relieves you of a lot of the generational conditioning that comes with having your history rooted in America. I can’t think of a single first generation black person that I grew up with or around that can say that they grew up in the same way as their African American counterparts. Again that’s not to say that Caribbean and African folks don’t feel the same the impacts colonialism, but not being from here allows you to come here and move different. Doesn’t mean that these folks come here and become wildly successful or anything like that, but transplants can maneuver through the system in a way that’s different from ADOS.

Hopefully I articulated that well enough to express what I mean. This is coming from a first generation Haitian with parents that barely made an effort to assimilate outside of work.

You stated it perfectly. I don't see how its not understood. We have no qualms with others in the diaspora getting reparations. However, seek your home country for the matter. Blackness is not a qualifier for reparations. For example, if there was a reparations movement in Jamaica, I am not entitled to receive what they are to get just because we share blackness and a history of slavery. It doesn't work like that. That's not fair to the individuals who have a long history within the country.

well duh, America is a different country than the others.

So, all Im saying is that the experience isn't the same, but they are similar. African-Americans are not the same as African-Jamaicas, Africans-Haitian, or African-Brazilians. So yes, we shouldnt be apart of the "ADOS" conversation because we didnt grow up in America nor are we Aemericans, but its worth mentioning that the experiences are very similar because enslavement and oppression isn't synonymous with America.

100% true

You stated it perfectly. I don't see how its not understood. We have no qualms with others in the diaspora getting reparations. However, seek your home country for the matter. Blackness is not a qualifier for reparations. For example, if there was a reparations movement in Jamaica, I am not entitled to receive what they are to get just because we share blackness and a history of slavery. It doesn't work like that. That's not fair to the individuals who have a long history within the country.

I don’t disagree with this at all. I don’t think that I should be entitled American reparations at all. Just wanted to point out that people who aren’t from America aren’t affected in 100% the same way.

One of the very real reasons that many african americans are having issues in this country, has much to do with the spiritual connection, or lack thereof. There is a movement toward African Traditional religions, those that encourage ancestral worship. Being christian is like voting against your best interests, of which does not allow you the freedom to grow away from dogma and prejudices that encourage self hate. As soon as you move away from the you are born of sin bullcrap, you then get an awareness that none of your existence is a mistake. This gives you a sense of purpose, something that is missing from a group people who struggle with finding that place to belong. Once you are comfortable with yourself, then belonging is no longer in question. You then cannot be controlled, you then cannot be predictable. Black people in america, are far too predictable. This is why Black people must stop running to Jesus.

This is one of my biggest gripes, RELIGION.

Black people love Jesus waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

drumar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom