Official Umar Johnson Thread

Watched the interview twice and still don't understand how this "woke" group of blacks can call everybody on the panel ***** for challenging Umar. 
mean.gif

This so called woke community spends more time criticizing blacks that don't think the same as they do, instead of doing actual work for the communities.  

I just watched the first 10 seconds of that video and it made me want to close my screen.

Son really wanted to equate an Obama presidency to Trump's mess

Umar is a trip man. I can't believe he finessed his followers out of $700k to start a school. This dude has been talking about buying a school "down south" for at least 3 years now. Every time he's pressed on it, its always "awww man we almost bough X school but it just got sold; we're still looking though. Keep donating!"

His stance on interracial dating/marriage is dumb. At the end of the day people date/marry people who they have things in common with or grew up in the same community with. I'm black and my girlfriend is white. We grew up 10 mins away from each other (althought we didn't start dating until later in life) and have similar family values, interests, beliefs, etc. We have many similarities beyond just the colors of our skin. For Umar to say that black people date outside their race because they hate themselves or want the approval of whites is crazy.

Last edited:
Umar is a trip man. I can't believe he finessed his followers out of $700k to start a school. This dude has been talking about buying a school "down south" for at least 3 years now. Every time he's pressed on it, its always "awww man we almost bough X school but it just got sold; we're still looking though. Keep donating!"

His stance on interracial dating/marriage is dumb. At the end of the day people date/marry people who they have things in common with or grew up in the same community with. I'm black and my girlfriend is white. We grew up 10 mins away from each other (althought we didn't start dating until later in life) and have similar family values, interests, beliefs, etc. We have many similarities beyond just the colors of our skin. For Umar to say that black people date outside their race because they hate themselves or want the approval of whites is crazy.

Umar is a fraud hotep dude. One of those to make up history then call you a c@@n if you disagree. Black folks contributed a lot to history, no need to make up pseudoscience to poison the well.

Nothing wrong with black ppl interracial dating (imo), as long as you don't let it cloud your vision in regards to the system we are living under.

Roland cooked that fat fool my lord :lol:

All I've seen is the contrary. A lot of folks are saying Umar killed it the interview and made Roland and his panel look foolish.

Here's the video.

I saw the interview live the other day on NewsOne. Umar embarrassed himself thoroughly. Not sure who, how or why anybody still follows this clown . Frederick Douglass's family even distanced themselves from this clown from his lies and so called ties to their family.

I saw the interview live the other day on NewsOne. Umar embarrassed himself thoroughly. Not sure who, how or why anybody still follows this clown . Frederick Douglass's family even distanced themselves from this clown from his lies and so called ties to their family.

I understand you may disagree with the brother, but he did clearly explain his ties to Fredrick Douglas in the interview. He's not a direct decedent, but is kin to him.

Me personally, I still agree with a lot of what he says about building strong black families as a means of nation building within the black community. At the same time I'm not against people dating outside their race as it doesn't affect me. He's not a clown in my book, he is who he is. Unapologetic. Whether it be flawed or otherwise, he's speaking his truth as an African man in America.

With that said I feel he lost a lot of credibility with that "building fund". I wish all my brothers in the struggle success as long as they really have the people in mind. Personally, in order for me to take him serious again he needs to produce something with that $700k outside of lectures and speeches. Nevertheless, I tend to take the good, and leave everything else.

Last edited:
Lost a little respect for Roland and his constituents. Straight clown shoes effort on their parts.

That panel is something else. :smh: Clearly they had an agenda against Umar Johnson and it certainly wasn't by accident that Roland Martin had them selected to challenge, fluster, and deviate from the points Umar was attempting to make.

no one "won" in that exchange aside from probably Roland for the attention he's getting as a result. The panel and whole format was trash as well. But regardless of that Umar literally Donald Trumps everything when attacked or challenged. Back tracking like all hell. At the end of the day I find it incredibly difficult to believe that someone who has to lie and mislead people about his background, twist and distort history, and prey on black anger doesn't have an agenda separate from actually helping people. Dude has a track record of shady/sketchiness within the damn community he's trying to help.

Roland was fine. The two people on the panel yelling made the interview fall apart.

But the person that came off the worst is Umar. Him confirming his scamming ways, and he straight up made up that **** about the Civil Rights Act.

I really can't believe people are mad at Roland for this. He keep it respectful, all he was doing was challenging Umar's nonsense.

-And Umar is a clown this interview is more evidence of that. Dude lacks the integrity, and knowledge for people to hold him in such high regard. The few good points is not worth all the other half truths, misinformation, and frankly at times well articulated bigotry.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I said. Roland Martin challenges every guest that comes on the show so why should Umar be treated differently?

Ol girl is a regular on News One Now so I already knew what I was going to get out of her. She doesn't mind saying how she feels. I honestly wish more of these leaders of the conscious community would get called out because I don't see them doing much of anything, but talking.

Sit them down on the show and make them run down their resumes. When I say resumes, I mean what they've actually done for the black communities they frequent. I don't care about how many lectures they've done or how many books they've wrote.   

To me it seems like Umar is way too sensitive. Dude be ready to cut a WWE promo every time somebody questions him.

I understand you may disagree with the brother, but he did clearly explain his ties to Fredrick Douglas in the interview. He's not a direct decedent, but is kin to him.

Me personally, I still agree with a lot of what he says about building strong black families as a means of nation building within the black community. At the same time I'm not against people dating outside their race as it doesn't affect me. He's not a clown in my book, he is who he is. Unapologetic. Whether it be flawed or otherwise, he's speaking his truth as an African man in America.

With that said I feel he lost a lot of credibility with that "building fund". I wish all my brothers in the struggle success as long as they really have the people in mind. Personally, in order for me to take him serious again he needs to produce something with that $700k outside of lectures and speeches. Nevertheless, I tend to take the good, and leave everything else.

"Ties to Frederick Douglass"?? He basically said he grew up a few blocks away from Frederick Douglass's fifth cousin removed. I hardly call that ties to the Frederick Douglass family.

Also, he gave no real concrete update on his school or more importantly where the funds currently are. He sounded like your typical scam artist that can't provide any real information. Just another Funky Finger Production type of set up.

Being unapologetic is not necessarily a good thing by the way. That's the same mentality Trump has. Just saying a bunch of crazy nonsense and getting any and everybody to try and follow.

This is the biggest issue that I have with Umar Johnson, whether what he explained is true or not if youve ever heard him touch on his relation to Fredrick Douglass, you would 100% believe that hes inferring direct lineage. And thats what his family said in the statement. He casually misrepresents his relation to the Douglas family blatantly and makes no attempt to actually clarify whats actually the truth, until now when he directly challenged. Umar banks on the fact that people will digest what he says without scrutiny or investigation and 99% of the time his appearances are one side conversations, which is absolutely by design. He does what he misrepresents his lineage the same way he misrepresents facts and history.

I'd gain a lot of respect back for him if he'd understand the school aint happenin and decided to put the money to other use. But you see, that's what a responsible person would do, not a scammer.

Watch "Dr. Umar Johnson confronted by LGBT Feminist during Xseed in Life program KC 2015" on YouTube

*DEAD*

Umar is a bright brother but not marrying within your race doesn't make you a "sellout" or "not about the Black cause". However, he is spot on about a non-African spouse not understanding the "Black struggle". that i totally agree with.

I don't know where else you can watch this, but this FB channel is live streaming Dr Umar in Liberia documentary right now. He appears to have lost tons of weight

Back
Top Bottom