OFFICIAL UNDERGRADS OF NT

I graduated from a technical college back in August with my Medical Radiography Diploma (X-ray). Got hired the next week and I've been working full-time since then. It's nice making money again, I'm doing alright, 28 bucks an hour, but like some people said that really isn't enough in a big city, Vancouver. I'm going back to school again in September to finish off my BSc with the goal of applying for Med School after that. Feels kinda crazy to be walking away from a decent job in these times, but after working in the field I'd love to be able to do more for my patients, plus challenge myself career-wise. I have 3 years of school to do to finish up the BSc, gonna have to work my *** off to get high grades, hoping it all works out :smokin

Last edited:
Will be going the Electrical and Computer Engineering route this Fall.

Any advice from those in this or a similar major, even in general?
i'm a bioengineering major.

props for being a computer engineering major! i took a required C++ & matlab class and i lost LOTS of sleep just to code some derp games and whatnot. :lol: >:

just know that you will have many sleepless nights. it really is alot of work. take small naps whenever you can. sleep is crucial.

make friends in your classes so you guys can study together! it really does help alot when you're mind****ed. especially when you start taking your engineering physics classes :x :x :x (if you didn't already), this will come in handy. if your university has supplemental instructions, attend each session. sometimes GSIs can explain material better than the professors. :lol: always know your professors' office hours.

make sure you're really into your major. i originally wanted to go to med school, but i kinda gave up on that :x my parents also suggested me to be a nursing major, but my family is filled with nurses already. i like math, and i like being the anomaly of the family :lol: if i wasn't passionate about medical shenanigans, i wouldn't be enjoying my major. i like how i can still help mankind without getting a medical degree.

i was gonna pledge for theta tau last winter, but pops wouldn't let me. :smh: :frown: :frown: :frown: i wish my dad would let me do internships and join an engineering frat. those social sororities aren't for me. my friend (who graduated already) told me that frats have good networking things for jobs.

Last edited:
I graduated from a technical college back in August with my Medical Radiography Diploma (X-ray). Got hired the next week and I've been working full-time since then. It's nice making money again, I'm doing alright, 28 bucks an hour, but like some people said that really isn't enough in a big city, Vancouver. I'm going back to school again in September to finish off my BSc with the goal of applying for Med School after that. Feels kinda crazy to be walking away from a decent job in these times, but after working in the field I'd love to be able to do more for my patients, plus challenge myself career-wise. I have 3 years of school to do to finish up the BSc, gonna have to work my *** off to get high grades, hoping it all works out :smokin

Good luck first of all. Secondly good choice of major, had a friend who did radiology, because apparently the pay/effort put in ratio is one of the best in the industry, is that true?
I've heard how Vancouver prices have soared during the past few years, I suppose it's been confirmed once again...even with a salary near 50k. craziness.

Ive been in college on and off. It sucks I wish I could devote all my time to school but having a job working 32hrs a week and school is killing me. I feel like a failure no lie....:smh:

naah, just keep working at it, it'll benefit you. Did the 30 hours of work, plus work thing it's ruff, I think 20-25 max is what can be sustainable.

Originally Posted by kix28  

Ive been in college on and off. It sucks I wish I could devote all my time to school but having a job working 32hrs a week and school is killing me. I feel like a failure no lie....
mean.gif
Good luck first of all. Secondly good choice of major, had a friend who did radiology, because apparently the pay/effort put in ratio is one of the best in the industry, is that true?
I've heard how Vancouver prices have soared during the past few years, I suppose it's been confirmed once again...even with a salary near 50k. craziness.
naah, just keep working at it, it'll benefit you. Did the 30 hours of work, plus work thing it's ruff, I think 20-25 max is what can be sustainable.
What im currently doing right now as well and all I can say is..

j75Pk8i1klAJB.jpeg

What im doing right now and I pretty much wake up drained, and go to sleep drained. I barely even have enough free time to play my xbox, or go out, because I either have to work the next day, or I have loads of busy work thats due on top of studying for test. I tell my grandparents everyday that this just cant be life. Im one of those people that just want to get college over with. Don't enjoy it at all.

major: materials engineering. getting to learn structures, XRD, SEM this school year. it's pretty intense.
years left: 3
extracurriculars: yes
work experience: got a job teaching robotics & programming at a summer camp. gonna start working in a machine shop next semester to learn CNC/welding skills. looking to get an internship next summer.

Thanks! Radiology is what I want to get into too, those guys read the x-rays I do and make 4-5 times as much a year. They don't work "hard" but they do put in hours, they mostly read x-rays plus some of them do minor procedures as well, it's a pretty good gig.

Vancouver is insane, for a really small house that's not close to downtown Vancouver you're looking at around $400,000, for something that is decently sized and nicely located you'll be around $600,000.

Anybody trying to get a b.a., abd then going to buissness school? If so are there any tips on being successful and landing a job? Because i want to work at bain & co and large companies and be successful .

Going to B school right after undergrad is a horrible idea. Pretty hard to break into PE too, unless you have connections or ended up at Wharton and schools like that. Im def trying to go that route too though :smokin

This was supposed to be my expected graduation year but I have taken the last two years off from school after getting kicked out of Baruch College. Baruch is a good business school, but I don't think I wanna study business anymore so I ain't mad about that. I been working full time, but I'm dying to get back into classes. At 22, I got a nice lil job with benefits, but I ain't trying to be here longer than needed. I redid the CUNY app to see what other schools I can go to. I think I wanna study sociology/poly science or any kind of IT stuff maybe. It's just so hard to know what to study because it's hard to know sometimes what jobs you can get with certain degrees. I only say IT because I think those jobs will be in demand. I honestly have another 3 years to go before I see a Bachelors of any sort. The whole thing is, you just have to keep the mentality that you WILL get it done.

Thanks! Radiology is what I want to get into too, those guys read the x-rays I do and make 4-5 times as much a year. They don't work "hard" but they do put in hours, they mostly read x-rays plus some of them do minor procedures as well, it's a pretty good gig.

Vancouver is insane, for a really small house that's not close to downtown Vancouver you're looking at around $400,000, for something that is decently sized and nicely located you'll be around $600,000.

Yeah Canadian house prices have blown-up like crazy, Toronto is even more brutal...
Its crazy how you'll be paying of a decent house for 20-30 years with a decent salary. And the worst, in my opinion is you become entirely immobile.

Yeah Canadian house prices have blown-up like crazy, Toronto is even more brutal...
Its crazy how you'll be paying of a decent house for 20-30 years with a decent salary. And the worst, in my opinion is you become entirely immobile.
Yep, definitely makes you think. Even with a decent salary here you'd be hard pressed to EVER buy a house. And if you DID, you'd be forever living pay cheque to pay cheque. :smh: Hell, even condo's are around 350,000 here.

Last edited:
For those freshman/sophomores, y'all need to start looking for internships NOW. Especially if you're interested in finance. A decent finance internship your freshman/sophomore summer will do wonders when you're looking for an internship your junior summer, which may involve a full-time offer. My sophomore internship played a very large role in my current IB internship.

For those freshman/sophomores, y'all need to start looking for internships NOW. Especially if you're interested in finance. A decent finance internship your freshman/sophomore summer will do wonders when you're looking for an internship your junior summer, which may involve a full-time offer. My sophomore internship played a very large role in my current IB internship.

Are you at a BB?

I'm at a state school as a Business major. I'm two years in, and wish I had done something in the Pharmacy field instead...dem regrets are real right now.

I'm at a state school as a Business major. I'm two years in, and wish I had done something in the Pharmacy field instead...dem regrets are real right now.
Why you feel like that brah, is being a buisness major too stressfull or sum?

Not stressful, but the cash flow is less steady or secure. Pharmaceuticals are the ones making all the guap nowadays anyways.

Welp..

School starts for a large majority of us on Monday. Saw the graduate thread bumped up so we gotta bring this back.

Delayed gratification is a *****, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Keep grindin bruhs

tumblr_mi14v4Gpm11rqkjmno1_500.gif

Personal Update: Decided to major Computer Science/Finance seeing as how im hella interested in the way cash flows, and i've always been a computer whiz.. Just recently built my own computer a couple weeks ago and that's what im posting on now. Added an extra year to my undergraduate but I like having options and expanding on my talent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom