Official .. USC vs. Ohio State...vol. Redemption or more of the same....

lets get this right ohio lost ccuz of play calling point blank they run out the clock in the 1st half they win by 3 IMO

I met Barkley this summer.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

why is everyone slobbing on Barkley.....he made two elementary throws on the final drive....it was all Joey Mac.....all barkley does it hand the ball off.....

15-31 O TD's and an INT.....ya he really blew them away.....

laugh.gif
at these "stat" watchers....

did you see any of the last drive? McKnight did his thing, but you'd be foolish to not give any of the credit to Barkley for having his team march 90+yards down the field for the TD....this is a freshman QB, under immense scrutiny, playing on the road against a top 10 team.....what more do you want out ofhim? He won ugly...but he won....

Originally Posted by CasperJr

lets get this right ohio lost ccuz of play calling point blank they run out the clock in the 1st half they win by 3 IMO
POW!
Jim Tressel cost his team the game

this is becoming real regular for him too
smh.gif

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

Pryor cannot READ A DEFENSE.

He makes his mind up on where he's throwing it and cannot adjust.

What do you want the coaches to do?

You saw, the options, you saw the playactions....they were dead because defenses do not fear his arm.
All of what you stated was stated in this threads or other threads by myself and others, but did you not see the decision making at the end of thehalf? Going for the TD and allowing USC to put 3 on the board and come into the 2nd half with momentum? How about not going for it on 4th and 1 at home andyou have the momentum?

roll.gif
sick.gif

Once again

Tressell is a COT DAMN IDIOT
roll.gif

FIRE that man
smh.gif

I'm a huge USC fan, and I wasnt impressed. Barkley looked terrible. If it werent for McKnight we would have lost. Terrible.

I give Barkely his dues, but USC doesn't get down the field that last drive if McKnight doesn't put them on his back and do it himself. All Barkley hadto do was make sure to keep giving him the ball.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

POW!

smh.gif

6 straight L's vs top 5 teams....

tired.gif

sick.gif
Weaponry Expert wrote:

POW!

smh.gif

large_jim-tressel.jpg

THE DECISION MAKING OF THESE TWO PEOPLE
alien.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

If Pryor looks right and floats the ball down field on that first down, Ohio State is celebrating right now.

The corner came to the line well before Pryor snapped the ball, and he didn't even remotely notice.

Nice call by Carroll.

Instead of hoopin all the damn time TP should've been in the film room learning how to read defenses
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If Pryor looks right and floats the ball down field on that first down, Ohio State is celebrating right now.

The corner came to the line well before Pryor snapped the ball, and he didn't even remotely notice.

Nice call by Carroll.

This is what I try to tell ppl. They think the sky is falling as if it's all on Tressel/Bollman/Heacock. Pryor not picking up pre snap was a big concern tome coming into this game. It's obvious he has a lot of work to do but I still think he develops into a great qb.

Two things were really questionable to me though.
Apposed to throwing on 3rd down before the half I thought for sure they would've ran the sweep option with herron...to atleast run the clock if you dontpick up a 1st down. SC had no timeouts...!!

Two, it was pretty damn apparent Tressel had no confidence in the offense when he used BOTH remaining time outs on SC's last drive. He threw all his chipsin the defense getting the stop.

Gotta give props to McKnight. He carried that team and was moving the pile, something I didnt think he could do.

Someone needs to teach Pryor how to read a defense.

All he had to do was look to his right, and they would have been in field goal range.

Very disappointed.......
mad.gif

did you see any of the last drive? McKnight did his thing, but you'd be foolish to not give any of the credit to Barkley for having his team march 90+ yards down the field for the TD....this is a freshman QB, under immense scrutiny, playing on the road against a top 10 team.....what more do you want out of him? He won ugly...but he won....
i forgot throwing to a wide open mcknight is so hard.....wow what skill and poise by barkley to watch mcknight break tackles and make great cutbacks...but the freshman impresses even more by handing it off to mcknight yet again, and then watches as stefon johnson walks it in....wow he really grewup.......pshhh +%@@!, he didnt do nething, put it all on the O line and running backs.......any frosh could have made the throws he made in his lastdrive....even high school kids...please

Pryor needs to do a lot more film study. There were multiple times in the game that even announcers pointed out that there was a pre-snap adjustment to be madebut Pryor did not make the audible. Pryor needs to get a better grasp of not only his offense but also a better grasp of defensive coverages. He justwasn't making the right adjustments. He had a terrible game and maybe he'll learn from it. He has amazing physical gifts and its a shame he doesn'thave the ability to decipher a defense and make the adjustment.

Gotta give props to McKnight. He carried that team and was moving the pile, something I didnt think he could do.

ehh he had 1 good run and a nice checkdown on the last drive, I give him props for doin what the avg RB does,
smokin.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif
Herbie talkin bout "McKnight has finally arrived and broken out on the big stage"
laugh.gif

I was watchin a different game then him. *shrugs*
that 16 carries for 59 yards aint too impressive to me
ohwell.gif
but i guessanything to justify the 2 yr hype around him will do

There were multiple times in the game that even announcers pointed out that there was a pre-snap adjustment to be made but Pryor did not make the audible.
ask yourself a cple questions, when was the last time u saw TP check off? when has he ever been allowed to check off?
nerd.gif

^So if not for McKnight doing what he did that last drive, they woulda won this game?
when was the last time u saw TP check off? when has he ever been allowed to check off?

He def checked off tonight. They use the helmet tap to dummy for a check (man coverage) and run something else. But its not so much him checking off. Its himrecognizing where the soft spot in zone/open man is, and not locking onto a receiver.

These last minute, heart-breaking loses for Ohio State are tremendous. I can't get enough.

Weaponry Expert wrote:

There were multiple times in the game that even announcers pointed out that there was a pre-snap adjustment to be made but Pryor did not make the audible.
ask yourself a cple questions, when was the last time u saw TP check off? when has he ever been allowed to check off?
nerd.gif

I am not really that familiar with OSU's handling of Pryor but maybe he isn't allowed to check off because he can't handle the responsibility?Again, I am not familiar fully with the situation. I watched last week's game against Navy and he wasn't exactly lights out then either. I reallythought he would make some sort of leap this year and it just hasn't happened based off of these two games.

Back
Top Bottom