**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Been a minute since we've had a game to anticipate like this. Feels good for a change
dont do this to yourself
frown.gif

Last edited:
Mikey on $6M/year

I know Villa just got relegated but Guzan been eating off Prem money for almost a decade.

They better have just been passing through. :lol:

Last edited:
:smh:

Zardes still doing fine though.

They said he was feasting off inferior competition at CSU Bakersfield.

Said he wouldn't cut it at a major program.

Said he'd be lucky to have a pro career at all.

Now he reppin his country in the copa. :pimp:

Zardes sucks. This guy's first touch is worse than mine, and I've played maybe 5x a times a year since I quit the sport 12 years ago :lol: How are you representing your national team when you don't even have the most basic ball control?

Anyway, I'm nervous about the next match too even though we are supposed to be favorites to win it. You never know which USA side will show up :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Zardes doesn't such, but he does need to work on his first touch. It's very American... I haven't seen it improve with the Galaxy who are an elite MLS side... If they haven't helped him improve in this area not sure he can improve here in the US. His biggest problem is getting that ball in tranistion.

Some new vids from US "Soccer's" YT page.

Last edited:
For the developed player fundamental technical skills like first touch can't really be improved past the formative years. Zardes is who he is in that department.

:lol: at the idea of European coaches being able to do something for him in that area that Galaxy coaches can't.

:lol: at the idea that they're not.

:rofl: @ your first statement being so black & white... I guess all atheletes should just stop training now since they're past their formulative years... :rolleyes

Last edited:
:lol: at the idea that they're not.

My man sometimes you have no idea what you're talking about. :lol:

There's no magical European fairy dust.

There's very little that a fully developed adult player can do to improve basic technical ability. What can be done isn't a secret.

They don't know anything at Bayern that Galaxy coaches don't in that area. :lol:

Last edited:
The process for getting UEFA coaching badges overseas is a long & arduous journey. There's nothing remotely equivalent here. The Eredivisie coaches we've hosted in our home over the years used to talk to us all the time about the differences in coaching here than overseas. If you don't understand that then we will agree to disagree my fine NT friend.

While I get what your saying about the formulative years, he can still put time in to improve his coordination & improve his reactionary skills... He can improve, remarkably? Not sure, but he can improve...

Last edited:
The process for getting UEFA coaching badges overseas is a long & arduous journey. There's nothing remotely equivalent here. The Eredivisie coaches we've hosted in our home over the years used to talk to us all the time about the differences in coaching here than overseas. If you don't understand that then we will agree to disagree my fine NT friend.

While I get what your saying about the formulative years, he can still put time in to improve his coordination & improve his reactionary skills... He can improve, remarkably? Not sure, but he can improve...
Trust man I know a little bit about the the UEFA licensing process.
laugh.gif

I get that you’ve accumulated a lot of information over the years but sometimes you lack that authentic understanding. You speak on some topics like you read about it in a book.

I don’t think you understand how technique is trained and developed. If you did, you would see how it silly it is to propose that European coaches could do more at this moment in time to help a 24yr old Zardes with his first touch than the Galaxy coaches.

We're talking about a fully developed professional player. Not a 12 year old.

3 footballers who didn't display the type of technique & ability (specifically touch) until they got older, in some cases much older;

1. Milivoje Novakovic
2. Javi Vara
3. Ian Wright

Last edited:
I don't mean to sit on a fence, but I kinda agree with both of you

Sure, more than likely Zardes' first touch isn't something that is gonna be improved on in leaps and bounds.... but I don't buy that his final development is set in stone. 

Just as I don't believe that if Zardes, right now were to get some un-American retraining and technical coaching it'll fantastically fix things for him

On the USMNT alone, we see many many late bloomers, specifically the ones that come out of the college ranks.

Last edited:
Definitley wasn't trying to imply that his development is set in stone. There are still many areas where he could improve.

But general fundamental technical abilities like passing and receiving, overall ball control, dribbling - a player is very limited in terms of how much he/she can develop in those areas after the teenage years.

That's within the scope of the high level player though. Doesn't apply to someone who hasn't been refining those skills virtually every day for a lifetime.

Zardes first touches can be costly. it also kills our attack. He's our weakest link in the starting line up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom