**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Been saying that Gregg has no excuses anymore. He's not implementing any tactics, and if he doesn't have the players to implement the tactics he wants to use, he needs to adjust to the players. Right now we look SO lost and confused with the ball.

Bet we still don't see the same lineup used consecutively in the WC.

I can’t see us beating WAL or IRN, let alone ENG

1. ENG
2. IRN
3. WAL
4. USA

that’s my prediction

Then fire GGG and bring on Zidane lmao

I don’t think Wales or Iran are that good either, I have no delusions of finishing above England though

Terrible game, terrible effort. Is it possible we gotten worse? No heart, no leader. It’s clear to me I notice a few things after this game.

CP10 is not better than LD10
Weston can’t be the leader, neither is Tyler Adams. These guys are too young or just don’t know how to be.
GGG still does not know what he’s doing. After we crash and burn in the WC,I hope he gets sacked and disappears from coaching.

Long does not deserved a spot on this team. He’s terrible.

I am done for tonight.. :/

Someone on reddit described it well - our tactics are limited to running American football plays by sending 4 players forward and bombing them the ball. If not a turnover, pass back and try again. Rinse and repeat.
American soccer in a nutshell.
Focus is on speed and power. NFL?
Meanwhile Messi and Neymar dancing through teams with skills, intelligence, and finesse

Best case scenario....we get healthy and some how get out of the group due to not losing too badly to England and tying the other two games.

I can see Wales getting a header goal from Kieffer Moore and just packing it in and beating us. I know nothing about the Iranian national team but they are projected to be better then Wales...so i assume they will beat us too.

We need a leader in the midfield. We need a competent striker...and we need our defenders to just get rid of the ball.

But you still cant convince me with a healthy Antonee Robinson and if we could start Pefok or even Aaronson/Sargent at the 9 with service coming in from a healthy Reyna and Pulisic and having Musah back in the midfield that we shouldn't be getting out of this weak group. For the first time in a long time i feel like we actually have some talent. I am not saying we are good...but a lot of times i felt USMNT basically overperformed by playing to our strengths....defense...and set pieces. But now we actually have some talent and we are going backwards.

The last two friendlies should reset expectations to less than 0. I hope Yunus Musah is able to go in the WC.

It’s weird that on paper the team should be better than what it was a decade ago, but somehow it’s not.

There’s something missing that people look over just because the US beat an equally imploding Mexico team.

The manager is trash for sure for his selections and tactics, but there’s something lacking in the players. Toughness, both physical and mental?

When I used to watch the team regularly back in the day, I never thought any match was a guaranteed loss. No matter how badly they played against a strong team, I feel like they always had a chance to get a completely against the run of play goal and/or go into ugly desperation defensive mode to grind out a result :lol: I know that generation of US players fizzled out with age but still, the expectation was that one day there would be American players who would put away one of those shots that Michael Bradley missed against Belgium, someone who wouldn’t have made the mistakes that allowed Portugal to come back and draw against them (although I appreciated it at the time :pimp: ), etc.

Now it seems that at least for the national team, they peaked at Dempsey and then just went backwards :lol: I can’t think of even one player who can CONSISTENTLY be counted on to be a goal scoring threat, even someone who takes 20 shots and doesn’t score. At least that’d be more entertaining than what US fans have to go through

Last edited:
It’s weird that on paper the team should be better than what it was a decade ago, but somehow it’s not.

There’s something missing that people look over just because the US beat an equally imploding Mexico team.

The manager is trash for sure for his selections and tactics, but there’s something lacking in the players. Toughness, both physical and mental?

When I used to watch the team regularly back in the day, I never thought any match was a guaranteed loss. No matter how badly they played against a strong team, I feel like they always had a chance to get a completely against the run of play goal and/or go into ugly desperation defensive mode to grind out a result :lol: I know that generation of US players fizzled out with age but still, the expectation was that one day there would be American players who would put away one of those shots that Michael Bradley missed against Belgium, someone who wouldn’t have made the mistakes that allowed Portugal to come back and draw against them (although I appreciated it at the time :pimp: ), etc.

Now it seems that at least for the national team, they peaked at Dempsey and then just went backwards :lol: I can’t think of even one player who can CONSISTENTLY be counted on to be a goal scoring threat, even someone who takes 20 shots and doesn’t score. At least that’d be more entertaining than what US fans have to go through

I feel the exact same way. GGG is a problem but the players aren't like those squads with LD and Deuce. My goodness, the team has regressed.

Our guys don't have that DAWG in them. No Landon's to say "fine ill do it myself" or Clint's to troll opponents and be the bad guy. No Gooch to be a big body that doesn't let opposing strikers get comfortable. No Tim to be the leader from the back. None of our guys know how to be "that guy" when the time calls for it. Pulisic doesn't demand respect, the forwards don't even have a place on the field, and the other talents don't or won't step up to tell their teammates how to act. No dawg, no chance.

I think you either have dog in you or you don't. The talent is there but boy to I miss tough guys like Bradley.

Back
Top Bottom