**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

man that's a bummer. we knew Wales would come out more aggressive and assertive in the 2nd half and we really couldn't get control of the game. bad tackle from Zimm but it felt like a goal was coming one way or another. disappointing to drop 2 points. all about goal differential now

They dont scout our communities
I coach in CA
Been coaching for 12 years
They let other countries do the scouting for us.
“John Doe is playing in the Scottish second division?…he must be good…lets call him up to the US team”

Where in CA do you coach? My close friend went to Pico with Roldan

I know they scout La Habra - my friends 8 year old just got a letter that they are coming to watch him

My biggest concern with our personnel coming into the tournament was that I do not trust Walker Zimmerman and to a lesser extent, Tim Ream. :ohwell:

Kieffer Moore didn't start but he was my biggest concern with their personnel after Gareth Bale. Completely changed the game for Wales in the second half with his physicality and high athleticism relative to his size.

Loved seeing Weah with the quality finish but felt like collectively, repeated poor delivery into the box from crosses was a major problem.

And with regards to Pulisic, he's a good player and possibly our best but that has always been a part of his technical profile.

He really is a poor crosser and he also can't score from any kind of range.

And with regards to Pulisic, he's a good player and possibly our best but that has always been a part of his technical profile.

He really is a poor crosser and he also can't score from any kind of range.
He should just play the #10 role and distribute. That's how the first goal was scored.

He also needs to stop diving alot and just play. All that diving slows attacking momentum

ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF arent you a coach in the bay or your child plays up there ODP or something?

I stopped coaching during the pandemic and don't have no kids :lol: but yup I coached in the East Bay for the entire 2010's.

Started with a U8 girls team in 2011 and worked my way up to the DA Academy working with U17 boys before it was phased out. Was coaching full time for the last 5 years of it.

Where in CA do you coach? My close friend went to Pico with Roldan

I know they scout La Habra - my friends 8 year old just got a letter that they are coming to watch him
I coach in the Bay Area.
Coached with surf but now only coach my daughter’s school team.
i grew up in SoCal playing against Landon. I played in Glendale/LaCañada…Went to same tournaments. It was expensive so only did it for 2 seasons. Jessica Biel was a soccer player too around my time. Went to same tournys.
Soccer community in the 90s was small…even in socal.
pay to play was and is the name of the game.

I stopped coaching during the pandemic and don't have no kids :lol: but yup I coached in the East Bay for the entire 2010's.

Started with a U8 girls team in 2011 and worked my way up to the DA Academy working with U17 boys before it was phased out. Was coaching full time for the last 5 years of it.

Yeah I remember your thoughts on the subject

Yeah I remember your thoughts on the subject

Damn, was such a long time ago.

I hope that remembrance is just of me arguing that the DA was a net positive and a clear step in the right direction coming out of the 90’s and early 2000’s. :lol:

I don’t see his @ so hoping I’m not getting his name wrong, but I remember guys like psk being staunchly against it.

Back
Top Bottom