Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by you go boy

^ and pac fought de la hoya at a catchweight... oscar hasn't fought at that weight in 12 years... meanwhile floyd fought oscar at his true weight
Look, I'm a Mayweather fan, a Pacquiao fan and a boxing fan. But First B0rn was right. But that still doesn't change anything. Oscar was out-boxed by Pacquiao.

[table][tr][td]KEVIN IOLE’S UNOFFICIAL SCORECARD [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Round[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Oscar De La Hoya[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]TKO[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Manny Pacquiao[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]W[/td][/tr][/table]
Pacquiao landed a total of 224 punches of the 584 thrown at De La Hoya. Likewise, De La Hoya only made 83 punches out of the 402 thrown at Manny, a dismal 21% conversion as against Pacquiao’s 38% performance.
Read more: http://bloggista.org/716-pacquiao-v...lts-and-updates-manny-wins.html#ixzz1YRzqIrxY

(Sorry, couldn't find a better link or pic)

^ and pac fought de la hoya at a catchweight... oscar hasn't fought at that weight in 12 years... meanwhile floyd fought oscar at his true weight

I still haven't gave Manny the props everybody else seems to give him for the DLH fight. Simply for the fact that he was over the hill, same thing goes for SSM, I never gave him props for that win either.

BUT... let's not forget while DLH did move down to 147, Pacquiao have to move up 2 divisions to fight DLH. I believe he was fighting at 130, then had a fight with Diaz at 135. Then moving up more weight to fight DLH.

And even still came into the ring at 144... moving up weight can also take a toll on your performance (see Marquez v. PBF catchweight at 144, in which Marquez still came in at 142)

I still haven't gave Manny the props everybody else seems to give him for the DLH fight. Simply for the fact that he was over the hill, same thing goes for SSM, I never gave him props for that win either.

BUT... let's not forget while DLH did move down to 147, Pacquiao have to move up 2 divisions to fight DLH. I believe he was fighting at 130, then had a fight with Diaz at 135. Then moving up more weight to fight DLH.

And even still came into the ring at 144... moving up weight can also take a toll on your performance (see Marquez v. PBF catchweight at 144, in which Marquez still came in at 142)

damn... so many boxing "experts" in this thread.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by therickstah2001

laugh.gif

Dude... did you other SN get banned again or something?
laugh.gif
How's the training going?
Yes, unfortunately thacapt got banned.... for the 3rd time.
laugh.gif

realcoltmccoy got me all fired up. 

And training has been excellent, that's why I haven't been posting as much. U still training?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And training has been excellent, that's why I haven't been posting as much. U still training?

@Night_Marcher01 I guess that was somebody else it's whatever wrong person. I don't wiki my whole family follows boxing and my cousin is a former world champion boxer Winky Wright so I know a lot about the sport. I trained to box for a long time until it conflicted with basketball. However, at least you're not a Manny stan judging from you last post. It's all in the debate so i'm cool with that. I'm not e-thug I just don't like another man calling me a kid i'ma grown *++ man. I'll take my L as a man I spoke on the wrong person it's all good.

@Night_Marcher01 I guess that was somebody else it's whatever wrong person. I don't wiki my whole family follows boxing and my cousin is a former world champion boxer Winky Wright so I know a lot about the sport. I trained to box for a long time until it conflicted with basketball. However, at least you're not a Manny stan judging from you last post. It's all in the debate so i'm cool with that. I'm not e-thug I just don't like another man calling me a kid i'ma grown *++ man. I'll take my L as a man I spoke on the wrong person it's all good.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah bro, i'm still doing Muay Thai but not nearly as much. I been training with the Las Vegas Police S.E.R.T team.
pimp.gif
Them dudes don't play!

I might start training at Krav Maga though, they specialize in Police Tactics. I heard the one on Eastern is closing down and opening up next to my gym!
pimp.gif

Naww it's all good bro... it's all fun and games! I know you got knowledge on the sport, and I KNOW who you are, you had my back in one of the Lakers thread.
laugh.gif
Which is why, I knew you had me confused with somebody else.

And don't take my posts to seriously man, we all say things that may piss people off... hell, even ask the thacapt (which is now therickstah2001
laugh.gif
) me and him use to go at eachother in the boxing threads. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah bro, i'm still doing Muay Thai but not nearly as much. I been training with the Las Vegas Police S.E.R.T team.
pimp.gif
Them dudes don't play!

I might start training at Krav Maga though, they specialize in Police Tactics. I heard the one on Eastern is closing down and opening up next to my gym!
pimp.gif

Naww it's all good bro... it's all fun and games! I know you got knowledge on the sport, and I KNOW who you are, you had my back in one of the Lakers thread.
laugh.gif
Which is why, I knew you had me confused with somebody else.

And don't take my posts to seriously man, we all say things that may piss people off... hell, even ask the thacapt (which is now therickstah2001
laugh.gif
) me and him use to go at eachother in the boxing threads. 

Originally Posted by BC2310

If he's so good why doesn't he fight Pac regardless of the tests? *IF* Pac is on teh juice it's a flaw in the sport of boxing and the boxing/athletic commissions. 
Floyd isn't on the commission, he shouldn't be able to make up rules as he goes along. He should be criticizing the commission for not having accurate enough tests/procedures to eliminate PEDs.

He is the face of boxing, right? He should try to clean up the sport. If one of the top 2 boxers on the planet has been able to get away with juicing for the majority of his career it makes the sport that he's the face of look like a joke. 

He would not only go down as the GOAT he'd also go down as the guy who took a stand against janky athletic commissions and help implement a new testing procedure to expose cheaters. It would add tremendously to his legacy. 

No doubt Floyd is nice, maybe the nicest. Maybe not. I hope we'll be able find out...
God. You're an idiot.

If he's so good why doesn't he fight Pac regardless of the tests? *IF* Pac is on teh juice it's a flaw in the sport of boxing and the boxing/athletic commissions. 
Floyd isn't on the commission, he shouldn't be able to make up rules as he goes along. He should be criticizing the commission for not having accurate enough tests/procedures to eliminate PEDs.

He is the face of boxing, right? He should try to clean up the sport. If one of the top 2 boxers on the planet has been able to get away with juicing for the majority of his career it makes the sport that he's the face of look like a joke. 

He would not only go down as the GOAT he'd also go down as the guy who took a stand against janky athletic commissions and help implement a new testing procedure to expose cheaters. It would add tremendously to his legacy. 

No doubt Floyd is nice, maybe the nicest. Maybe not. I hope we'll be able find out...
God. You're an idiot.

On another note, i guess i can see why floyd would want to punch so quickly. Dude got headbutted and got cut in the lip. You'd wanna punch right away, but dude had to wait at least 45 seconds till everything got settled down. Lot of adrenaline built up there. Still cheap mentalilty though.

On another note, i guess i can see why floyd would want to punch so quickly. Dude got headbutted and got cut in the lip. You'd wanna punch right away, but dude had to wait at least 45 seconds till everything got settled down. Lot of adrenaline built up there. Still cheap mentalilty though.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

God. You're an idiot.
Scotthallwithapick - Tell me more. 

It seems like PBF could simply say "I'm not going to box again until new test and procedures are implemented across the board for every level of professional fight" then not only would Pac have to test his way. Every boxer that stepped foot in the ring would have to. This would put an end to, or severely hinder what seems to be a huge problem in the sport. He could bring it the masses through ESPN and YT, the commission would have to acknowledge that the system is flawed and needs revising. He states that Pac's weight gain over the years makes it obvious he's on something. So obviously they need new testing. What am I missing?
Can any of you quoting me elaborate on anything?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

God. You're an idiot.
Scotthallwithapick - Tell me more. 

It seems like PBF could simply say "I'm not going to box again until new test and procedures are implemented across the board for every level of professional fight" then not only would Pac have to test his way. Every boxer that stepped foot in the ring would have to. This would put an end to, or severely hinder what seems to be a huge problem in the sport. He could bring it the masses through ESPN and YT, the commission would have to acknowledge that the system is flawed and needs revising. He states that Pac's weight gain over the years makes it obvious he's on something. So obviously they need new testing. What am I missing?
Can any of you quoting me elaborate on anything?

Back
Top Bottom