Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

I love these threads. Everyone is all of a sudden a boxing expert and has followed the sport forever.
laugh.gif

That's NT for you

Originally Posted by BC2310

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

If he's so good why doesn't he fight Pac regardless of the tests? *IF* Pac is on teh juice it's a flaw in the sport of boxing and the boxing/athletic commissions. 
Floyd isn't on the commission, he shouldn't be able to make up rules as he goes along. He should be criticizing the commission for not having accurate enough tests/procedures to eliminate PEDs.

He is the face of boxing, right? He should try to clean up the sport. If one of the top 2 boxers on the planet has been able to get away with juicing for the majority of his career it makes the sport that he's the face of look like a joke. 

He would not only go down as the GOAT he'd also go down as the guy who took a stand against janky athletic commissions and help implement a new testing procedure to expose cheaters. It would add tremendously to his legacy. 

No doubt Floyd is nice, maybe the nicest. Maybe not. I hope we'll be able find out...
God. You're an idiot.
Scotthallwithapick - Tell me more. 

It seems like PBF could simply say "I'm not going to box again until new test and procedures are implemented across the board for every level of professional fight" then not only would Pac have to test his way. Every boxer that stepped foot in the ring would have to. This would put an end to, or severely hinder what seems to be a huge problem in the sport. He could bring it the masses through ESPN and YT, the commission would have to acknowledge that the system is flawed and needs revising. He states that Pac's weight gain over the years makes it obvious he's on something. So obviously they need new testing. What am I missing?
Can any of you quoting me elaborate on anything?

So you think it's a good idea to have someone who you suspect is on steroids punch you in the brain repeatedly, shut up. And no one else that PBF has fought went from 105 and barely making weight in those fights to fighting at 148

If he's so good why doesn't he fight Pac regardless of the tests? *IF* Pac is on teh juice it's a flaw in the sport of boxing and the boxing/athletic commissions. 
Floyd isn't on the commission, he shouldn't be able to make up rules as he goes along. He should be criticizing the commission for not having accurate enough tests/procedures to eliminate PEDs.

He is the face of boxing, right? He should try to clean up the sport. If one of the top 2 boxers on the planet has been able to get away with juicing for the majority of his career it makes the sport that he's the face of look like a joke. 

He would not only go down as the GOAT he'd also go down as the guy who took a stand against janky athletic commissions and help implement a new testing procedure to expose cheaters. It would add tremendously to his legacy. 

No doubt Floyd is nice, maybe the nicest. Maybe not. I hope we'll be able find out...
God. You're an idiot.

It seems like PBF could simply say "I'm not going to box again until new test and procedures are implemented across the board for every level of professional fight" then not only would Pac have to test his way. Every boxer that stepped foot in the ring would have to. This would put an end to, or severely hinder what seems to be a huge problem in the sport. He could bring it the masses through ESPN and YT, the commission would have to acknowledge that the system is flawed and needs revising. He states that Pac's weight gain over the years makes it obvious he's on something. So obviously they need new testing. What am I missing?

So you think it's a good idea to have someone who you suspect is on steroids punch you in the brain repeatedly, shut up. And no one else that PBF has fought went from 105 and barely making weight in those fights to fighting at 148

Dude fought at 105 when he was in the Philippines basically homeless as a 17 year old.

As a 33 year old now and at 5'7, to not believe he could get to 147 without illegal substances makes it seem like you're biased. He'd definitely prefer to fight lower, but at 147 it's funny how people are so freaked out about that, pointing to the fact that he started at 105. With proper dieting and training with the best coaches money can buy... seems like it's really not that hard to believe.

Dude fought at 105 when he was in the Philippines basically homeless as a 17 year old.

As a 33 year old now and at 5'7, to not believe he could get to 147 without illegal substances makes it seem like you're biased. He'd definitely prefer to fight lower, but at 147 it's funny how people are so freaked out about that, pointing to the fact that he started at 105. With proper dieting and training with the best coaches money can buy... seems like it's really not that hard to believe.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

God. You're an idiot.

You shut up. PBF should crusade for new testing in the sport instead of 'Special testing' for his own fight.
Edit: watch yt vids part 1 and 2 of 'Floyd Mayweather Jr. GOT OWNED by Ra the Rugged Man' and you PBF stans will see the light. He's a duck.

God. You're an idiot.

You shut up. PBF should crusade for new testing in the sport instead of 'Special testing' for his own fight.
Edit: watch yt vids part 1 and 2 of 'Floyd Mayweather Jr. GOT OWNED by Ra the Rugged Man' and you PBF stans will see the light. He's a duck.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

On another note, i guess i can see why floyd would want to punch so quickly. Dude got headbutted and got cut in the lip. You'd wanna punch right away, but dude had to wait at least 45 seconds till everything got settled down. Lot of adrenaline built up there. Still cheap mentalilty though.

Good video. Lets see whats his excuse now. Maybe another assault charge so he can land in jail and avoid the media?

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

On another note, i guess i can see why floyd would want to punch so quickly. Dude got headbutted and got cut in the lip. You'd wanna punch right away, but dude had to wait at least 45 seconds till everything got settled down. Lot of adrenaline built up there. Still cheap mentalilty though.

Good video. Lets see whats his excuse now. Maybe another assault charge so he can land in jail and avoid the media?

I was at the fight, had a great time, it was a great environment. My Take what Floyd did was legal, but not gentleman like and not in good sportsmanship. But this is professional sports and Ortiz was fighting dirty first. I can see why some people are pissed, but I would have done the same thing.

Im a Mayweather fan, so I may be biased but I think what Mayweather said after the fight is true. No matter what he does its never good enough. De La Hoya and Mosley were to old, Marquez to small, and Hatton too slow, even though the media bill Pac as the greatest of all time for beating the same people. Everyone says Mayweather is ducking fighters, but if you look at his track record its pretty impressive. He pretty much cleared out the lightweight division. Fought Baldomir when Baldomir beat Judah, then he beat Judah who a lot people thought could challenge him, be De La Hoya AT 154 which in my opinion is more impressive than beating him at 147, beat an undefeated Hatton, beat Mosley after Mosley dominated the cheater Margarito, Dominated Marquez and beat Ortiz coming off the biggest win of his career. I think it deserves just as much credit as what Manny is getting.

The bottom line is that both Manny and Floyd have been very careful about chosing their opponents since coming up to the welterweight division, But IMO I think Mayweather welterweight run has been more impressive than Mannys

I was at the fight, had a great time, it was a great environment. My Take what Floyd did was legal, but not gentleman like and not in good sportsmanship. But this is professional sports and Ortiz was fighting dirty first. I can see why some people are pissed, but I would have done the same thing.

Im a Mayweather fan, so I may be biased but I think what Mayweather said after the fight is true. No matter what he does its never good enough. De La Hoya and Mosley were to old, Marquez to small, and Hatton too slow, even though the media bill Pac as the greatest of all time for beating the same people. Everyone says Mayweather is ducking fighters, but if you look at his track record its pretty impressive. He pretty much cleared out the lightweight division. Fought Baldomir when Baldomir beat Judah, then he beat Judah who a lot people thought could challenge him, be De La Hoya AT 154 which in my opinion is more impressive than beating him at 147, beat an undefeated Hatton, beat Mosley after Mosley dominated the cheater Margarito, Dominated Marquez and beat Ortiz coming off the biggest win of his career. I think it deserves just as much credit as what Manny is getting.

The bottom line is that both Manny and Floyd have been very careful about chosing their opponents since coming up to the welterweight division, But IMO I think Mayweather welterweight run has been more impressive than Mannys

The media bills Manny as the greatest of all-time?

laugh.gif

No matter what Floyd does, it's never good enough?
laugh.gif

Oh brother. Can we just have them fight already.

One group is going to end up looking like a bunch of clowns and I can't wait. Can't stand either side, all you guys do is exaggerate things to the most extreme
eyes.gif

The media bills Manny as the greatest of all-time?

laugh.gif

No matter what Floyd does, it's never good enough?
laugh.gif

Oh brother. Can we just have them fight already.

One group is going to end up looking like a bunch of clowns and I can't wait. Can't stand either side, all you guys do is exaggerate things to the most extreme
eyes.gif

BC2310 wrote:

BC2310 wrote:

Def not a stan bruh, and wouldn't sanctioning it for the biggest fight boxing has seen in the past 15-20 years be setting the standard for the sport?  You sound very sodium sufficient

BC2310 wrote:

BC2310 wrote:

Def not a stan bruh, and wouldn't sanctioning it for the biggest fight boxing has seen in the past 15-20 years be setting the standard for the sport?  You sound very sodium sufficient

Realtalk Floyd picks fighters who are no real threat of beating him, Oscar was in his ancient history years Mosley was looking like Old Man Jenkins doing 20 in a 45 and Ortiz
indifferent.gif

OH What happened to them days when the best boxer fought anybody who wanted problems im frustrated with this guy playing on Easy mode

He clearly didnt want no parts of Cotto, Pac, nor Margarito and P.Will will jab his nose off. the only fight i respect is the undefeated Hatton bout

Floyd type of cat that play Madden on Rookie and be geekin blowing out the Cpu and only got 1 controller

Yo thats whats wrong with kids these days too my lil bro and cuziin was playing 2k not against each other but on teams playing with heat vs kings on rookie score was 110-15 in the 3rd im like
alien.gif

nobody wants to man up these days and take on challenges ol chump biscuit buster a%$ @$%&&^
tired.gif
Lebron and Floyd are frontrunners of this cowardly mindset

Realtalk Floyd picks fighters who are no real threat of beating him, Oscar was in his ancient history years Mosley was looking like Old Man Jenkins doing 20 in a 45 and Ortiz
indifferent.gif

OH What happened to them days when the best boxer fought anybody who wanted problems im frustrated with this guy playing on Easy mode

He clearly didnt want no parts of Cotto, Pac, nor Margarito and P.Will will jab his nose off. the only fight i respect is the undefeated Hatton bout

Floyd type of cat that play Madden on Rookie and be geekin blowing out the Cpu and only got 1 controller

Yo thats whats wrong with kids these days too my lil bro and cuziin was playing 2k not against each other but on teams playing with heat vs kings on rookie score was 110-15 in the 3rd im like
alien.gif

nobody wants to man up these days and take on challenges ol chump biscuit buster a%$ @$%&&^
tired.gif
Lebron and Floyd are frontrunners of this cowardly mindset

this thread is fun... so many experts. i hope they finally fight to finally settle the score. both men are great in their own ways.

this thread is fun... so many experts. i hope they finally fight to finally settle the score. both men are great in their own ways.

Is there anyone else that firmly believes this fight was fixed????

The first 3 rounds were actually really entertaining and were playing out well.  Ortiz wasn't backing off, wasn't really pressing as much as I thought he would.  But then goes for a random OBVIOUS head butt.  Ok ref breaks it up.  He gets hit with a punch after the break, keeps hands at side, looks at ref gets hit again, goes down

Smiles the entire time he is down, never looks fully out of hit, fake stumbles up floyd wins and thats it......and not one person says wow that looked rigged.

Idk but i was super angry i paid $15 to watch that fight.  The under cards were way more entertaining then that fight.  And it seems like already this fight is getting swept under the rug.  Something is up

Is there anyone else that firmly believes this fight was fixed????

The first 3 rounds were actually really entertaining and were playing out well.  Ortiz wasn't backing off, wasn't really pressing as much as I thought he would.  But then goes for a random OBVIOUS head butt.  Ok ref breaks it up.  He gets hit with a punch after the break, keeps hands at side, looks at ref gets hit again, goes down

Smiles the entire time he is down, never looks fully out of hit, fake stumbles up floyd wins and thats it......and not one person says wow that looked rigged.

Idk but i was super angry i paid $15 to watch that fight.  The under cards were way more entertaining then that fight.  And it seems like already this fight is getting swept under the rug.  Something is up

Back
Top Bottom