Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

laugh.gif
did you not even read what I posted? No one is saying Floyd is gonna knock this kid out in one punch during the early rounds. But Victor is wildly aggressive and Floyd has made a killing destroying guys like that. If all of you dopes keep saying that this will be a typical Floyd fight and he picks him apart then what's to stop him from cracking him a la Hatton. I don't know how no one is seeing that.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
did you not even read what I posted? No one is saying Floyd is gonna knock this kid out in one punch during the early rounds. But Victor is wildly aggressive and Floyd has made a killing destroying guys like that. If all of you dopes keep saying that this will be a typical Floyd fight and he picks him apart then what's to stop him from cracking him a la Hatton. I don't know how no one is seeing that.

Pretty much. Floyd has never been a power puncher on any level, but he's the most accurate puncher I've seen. I'm not sure I would say Floyd's body punching is "underrated," but it's certainly not discussed much. Victor will determine his own fate. If he's smart and defensive (not "inactive") he'll likely make it to a decision. If he rocks Floyd it will more than likely be early, but he has to stay calm and continue to "box." Otherwise, it could very well be lights out (or wind gone).

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

Pretty much. Floyd has never been a power puncher on any level, but he's the most accurate puncher I've seen. I'm not sure I would say Floyd's body punching is "underrated," but it's certainly not discussed much. Victor will determine his own fate. If he's smart and defensive (not "inactive") he'll likely make it to a decision. If he rocks Floyd it will more than likely be early, but he has to stay calm and continue to "box." Otherwise, it could very well be lights out (or wind gone).

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

My prediction: PBF TKO6 Ortiz .. I just don't see Vic having a chance in there. Floyd Mayweather will control every second of every round. And when that happens, bear in mind, Floyd has not fought in over 16 months.

I think everyone is buying the 24/7 hype and are giving too much credit for Vic as a KO Artist. You would think Floyd was going against Mike Tyson the way some folks are talking. Ortiz' last bouts (besides his stoppage of ancient journeyman Vivian Harris): He went the distance with Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, and Nate Campbell. All of them Floyd would have stopped.

Yall are forgetting that this is only Vic's 2nd fight ever at 147. I'm not saying he's too small (he looked every bit of a welterweight against Berto), but it should be kept in mind.
Reaching

I honestly think Berto at his best is slightly better then Ortiz even though Berto has looked lackluster in his last 2 fights.  And I think Floyd would beat them all....but not stopped them (assuming you mean KO or TKO). 

But I read an article recently on the 5 reasons why Victor has a shot to beat Floyd.  In a nut shell
1. Victor is a high volume puncher:  Floyd is the best defensive fighter in boxing but as long as victor doesn't get discouraged (Shane Mosely) he will throw a lot of punches throughout the fight.  This at nothing else increases his chances of actually landing a solid shot.

2. Victor throws power punches: Of the 281 punches thrown against Andre Berto, an incredible 266 of them were power punches.

3. Victor is hungry: young fighter that has been through a lot to finally get his shot

4.Victor has a great chin: Victor Ortiz took the best shots Andre Berto had to offer and hopped off the canvas as soon as he hit when knocked down.  And if you saw the Maidana fight you know he can take a punch

5.  Floyd may be using this fight as a warm up for Manny : Overlooking Ortiz?
[h2]http://bleacherreport.com...n-upset-money-may/page/6
[/h2]
Not that many of them are great reason's but it wasn't a bad read.  Still have Floyd winning but Ortiz has "a punchers chance" and honestly if he doesn't go into a shell and is willing to get hit i believe it should be at least a very exciting fight.

1. After watching 24/7 I'm still not certain Vic has the stamina to go all these rounds. But thats just me.

2. Berto isn't near the defensive fighter that PBF is, which makes this stat some what bogus but still scary. I wouldn't put it past Vic to get that 1 open window shot on PBF and if he takes it he might stun and open the champs eyes to reality.

3. If hunger were to be graded on 24/7 PBF wins. Vic hasn't really shown much as far as other 24/7 fighters but then again its all edited to make us think what we want to think.

4. no comment

5. Overlooking?! YOu have got to be kidding me. If anything he is so focused on making Vic a fool to test his body and IQ to see if he has what it takes to crush Pac.
I didn't write those points my man lol. They were in an article

I actually agree with all of your points lol.  I do think Victor has a good chin...but mentally he is frail.  And Floyd always works this hard so I think he could be overlooking Ortiz but I really don't see him losing this fight either way. 

One more day.  Can't wait

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

My prediction: PBF TKO6 Ortiz .. I just don't see Vic having a chance in there. Floyd Mayweather will control every second of every round. And when that happens, bear in mind, Floyd has not fought in over 16 months.

I think everyone is buying the 24/7 hype and are giving too much credit for Vic as a KO Artist. You would think Floyd was going against Mike Tyson the way some folks are talking. Ortiz' last bouts (besides his stoppage of ancient journeyman Vivian Harris): He went the distance with Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, and Nate Campbell. All of them Floyd would have stopped.

Yall are forgetting that this is only Vic's 2nd fight ever at 147. I'm not saying he's too small (he looked every bit of a welterweight against Berto), but it should be kept in mind.
Reaching

I honestly think Berto at his best is slightly better then Ortiz even though Berto has looked lackluster in his last 2 fights.  And I think Floyd would beat them all....but not stopped them (assuming you mean KO or TKO). 

But I read an article recently on the 5 reasons why Victor has a shot to beat Floyd.  In a nut shell
1. Victor is a high volume puncher:  Floyd is the best defensive fighter in boxing but as long as victor doesn't get discouraged (Shane Mosely) he will throw a lot of punches throughout the fight.  This at nothing else increases his chances of actually landing a solid shot.

2. Victor throws power punches: Of the 281 punches thrown against Andre Berto, an incredible 266 of them were power punches.

3. Victor is hungry: young fighter that has been through a lot to finally get his shot

4.Victor has a great chin: Victor Ortiz took the best shots Andre Berto had to offer and hopped off the canvas as soon as he hit when knocked down.  And if you saw the Maidana fight you know he can take a punch

5.  Floyd may be using this fight as a warm up for Manny : Overlooking Ortiz?
[h2]http://bleacherreport.com...n-upset-money-may/page/6
[/h2]
Not that many of them are great reason's but it wasn't a bad read.  Still have Floyd winning but Ortiz has "a punchers chance" and honestly if he doesn't go into a shell and is willing to get hit i believe it should be at least a very exciting fight.

1. After watching 24/7 I'm still not certain Vic has the stamina to go all these rounds. But thats just me.

2. Berto isn't near the defensive fighter that PBF is, which makes this stat some what bogus but still scary. I wouldn't put it past Vic to get that 1 open window shot on PBF and if he takes it he might stun and open the champs eyes to reality.

3. If hunger were to be graded on 24/7 PBF wins. Vic hasn't really shown much as far as other 24/7 fighters but then again its all edited to make us think what we want to think.

4. no comment

5. Overlooking?! YOu have got to be kidding me. If anything he is so focused on making Vic a fool to test his body and IQ to see if he has what it takes to crush Pac.
I didn't write those points my man lol. They were in an article

I actually agree with all of your points lol.  I do think Victor has a good chin...but mentally he is frail.  And Floyd always works this hard so I think he could be overlooking Ortiz but I really don't see him losing this fight either way. 

One more day.  Can't wait

if ortiz can somehow find a way to make it an ugly fight, land a shot like mosely and not run out of gas... then he has a chance...

but its over if he cant find mayweather and if he is getting podshotted all night...

if ortiz can somehow find a way to make it an ugly fight, land a shot like mosely and not run out of gas... then he has a chance...

but its over if he cant find mayweather and if he is getting podshotted all night...

PBF is the hometown kid... but I hope Ortiz KTFO's him.

Getting sick of PBF talking and dodging Pac.

PBF is the hometown kid... but I hope Ortiz KTFO's him.

Getting sick of PBF talking and dodging Pac.

smh filipinos really hate mayweather these days
laugh.gif
wasnt like homie was taking steroids like the pac man. now THAT is something to bash...

in the end floyd mayweather will be rocky balboa and pacman will be ivan drago ,steroids and all...

laugh.gif
wasnt like homie was taking steroids like the pac man. now THAT is something to bash...

in the end floyd mayweather will be rocky balboa and pacman will be ivan drago ,steroids and all...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

Exactly, its that biased thinking 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

Exactly, its that biased thinking 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom