Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by Anubis38

I mean after seeing PAC smash mosely I then heard a interview where PAC said he could have eneded it rounds earlier but henwant to give the fans the most bang for their buck there is no doubt he is the best right now

That's fair i guess 
laugh.gif
, i remember when the fam had a party for the Pacquiao vs. Hatton and it was about 1-2 rounds of fighting 
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

I mean after seeing PAC smash mosely I then heard a interview where PAC said he could have eneded it rounds earlier but henwant to give the fans the most bang for their buck there is no doubt he is the best right now

That's fair i guess 
laugh.gif
, i remember when the fam had a party for the Pacquiao vs. Hatton and it was about 1-2 rounds of fighting 
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

I love when Floyd messes with ppl before the match and also sometimes when he's on his way out lol I swear he should be named Floyd ochocinco

I love when Floyd messes with ppl before the match and also sometimes when he's on his way out lol I swear he should be named Floyd ochocinco

What does that even mean? Giving the fans the most bang for their buck? Ending the fight by stoppage would have been giving the fans the most bang for their buck because that fight was a 12 round snoozefest that nobody enjoyed.

RetroSan wrote:
That's fair i guess 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

That's actually what boxing fans love to see. Millions of people used to buy Tyson PPV fights just to see him knock out some tomato cans in the first round.

What does that even mean? Giving the fans the most bang for their buck? Ending the fight by stoppage would have been giving the fans the most bang for their buck because that fight was a 12 round snoozefest that nobody enjoyed.

RetroSan wrote:
That's fair i guess 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

That's actually what boxing fans love to see. Millions of people used to buy Tyson PPV fights just to see him knock out some tomato cans in the first round.

My prediction: PBF TKO6 Ortiz .. I just don't see Vic having a chance in there. Floyd Mayweather will control every second of every round. And when that happens, bear in mind, Floyd has not fought in over 16 months.

I think everyone is buying the 24/7 hype and are giving too much credit for Vic as a KO Artist. You would think Floyd was going against Mike Tyson the way some folks are talking. Ortiz' last bouts (besides his stoppage of ancient journeyman Vivian Harris): He went the distance with Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, and Nate Campbell. All of them Floyd would have stopped.

Yall are forgetting that this is only Vic's 2nd fight ever at 147. I'm not saying he's too small (he looked every bit of a welterweight against Berto), but it should be kept in mind.

My prediction: PBF TKO6 Ortiz .. I just don't see Vic having a chance in there. Floyd Mayweather will control every second of every round. And when that happens, bear in mind, Floyd has not fought in over 16 months.

I think everyone is buying the 24/7 hype and are giving too much credit for Vic as a KO Artist. You would think Floyd was going against Mike Tyson the way some folks are talking. Ortiz' last bouts (besides his stoppage of ancient journeyman Vivian Harris): He went the distance with Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, and Nate Campbell. All of them Floyd would have stopped.

Yall are forgetting that this is only Vic's 2nd fight ever at 147. I'm not saying he's too small (he looked every bit of a welterweight against Berto), but it should be kept in mind.

Damn.. I wish i didn't just watch 24/7... I felt really good about Ortiz shocking the world that I even put $100 on it.. then I watch this dude acting so out of character with all the tough talk and false bravado.. think he is trying to convince himself more than anyone else that he actually belongs.. dude lacks the focus and confidence it takes to beat a world class fighter like pbf..Hope I'm wrong tho..

Damn.. I wish i didn't just watch 24/7... I felt really good about Ortiz shocking the world that I even put $100 on it.. then I watch this dude acting so out of character with all the tough talk and false bravado.. think he is trying to convince himself more than anyone else that he actually belongs.. dude lacks the focus and confidence it takes to beat a world class fighter like pbf..Hope I'm wrong tho..

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Reaching

I honestly think Berto at his best is slightly better then Ortiz even though Berto has looked lackluster in his last 2 fights.  And I think Floyd would beat them all....but not stopped them (assuming you mean KO or TKO). 

But I read an article recently on the 5 reasons why Victor has a shot to beat Floyd.  In a nut shell
1. Victor is a high volume puncher:  Floyd is the best defensive fighter in boxing but as long as victor doesn't get discouraged (Shane Mosely) he will throw a lot of punches throughout the fight.  This at nothing else increases his chances of actually landing a solid shot.

2. Victor throws power punches: Of the 281 punches thrown against Andre Berto, an incredible 266 of them were power punches.

3. Victor is hungry: young fighter that has been through a lot to finally get his shot

4.Victor has a great chin: Victor Ortiz took the best shots Andre Berto had to offer and hopped off the canvas as soon as he hit when knocked down.  And if you saw the Maidana fight you know he can take a punch

5.  Floyd may be using this fight as a warm up for Manny : Overlooking Ortiz?
[h2]http://bleacherreport.com...n-upset-money-may/page/6
[/h2]
Not that many of them are great reason's but it wasn't a bad read.  Still have Floyd winning but Ortiz has "a punchers chance" and honestly if he doesn't go into a shell and is willing to get hit i believe it should be at least a very exciting fight.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Reaching

I honestly think Berto at his best is slightly better then Ortiz even though Berto has looked lackluster in his last 2 fights.  And I think Floyd would beat them all....but not stopped them (assuming you mean KO or TKO). 

But I read an article recently on the 5 reasons why Victor has a shot to beat Floyd.  In a nut shell
1. Victor is a high volume puncher:  Floyd is the best defensive fighter in boxing but as long as victor doesn't get discouraged (Shane Mosely) he will throw a lot of punches throughout the fight.  This at nothing else increases his chances of actually landing a solid shot.

2. Victor throws power punches: Of the 281 punches thrown against Andre Berto, an incredible 266 of them were power punches.

3. Victor is hungry: young fighter that has been through a lot to finally get his shot

4.Victor has a great chin: Victor Ortiz took the best shots Andre Berto had to offer and hopped off the canvas as soon as he hit when knocked down.  And if you saw the Maidana fight you know he can take a punch

5.  Floyd may be using this fight as a warm up for Manny : Overlooking Ortiz?
[h2]http://bleacherreport.com...n-upset-money-may/page/6
[/h2]
Not that many of them are great reason's but it wasn't a bad read.  Still have Floyd winning but Ortiz has "a punchers chance" and honestly if he doesn't go into a shell and is willing to get hit i believe it should be at least a very exciting fight.

^ Those are great salient points from the article about Ortiz Jking0821 but I will never forget the Maidana fight. Ortiz laid down like a rug which is a cardinal sin for a fighter. You never give up in the ring. It's what you train for. For me at least, Ortiz has to beat Mayweather resoundingly in order to erase the Maidana fight. If he looses this fight, I'm afraid his career will never go anywhere (even though he's young).

^ Those are great salient points from the article about Ortiz Jking0821 but I will never forget the Maidana fight. Ortiz laid down like a rug which is a cardinal sin for a fighter. You never give up in the ring. It's what you train for. For me at least, Ortiz has to beat Mayweather resoundingly in order to erase the Maidana fight. If he looses this fight, I'm afraid his career will never go anywhere (even though he's young).

Originally Posted by Jking0821

And if you saw the Maidana fight you know he can take a punch
It's really early, and I'm worried I just woke up my neighbors with my laughter after I read this.

It's really early, and I'm worried I just woke up my neighbors with my laughter after I read this.

Originally Posted by el producto79

Physically he can take shots and that fight did prove it.

His face was badly messed up.  And he never got knocked out.  Mentally he couldn't take the punches....thats why he quit....but physically he got rocked and still never got knocked out.

http://www.insidehboboxin...s-keys-to-the-fight.html

Another good read actually giving some credentials to the argument lol.

3. Punch with power: If he’s going to discourage this kid, Floyd is going to have to punch with authority. He has to have full power on his punches. He can’t do that thing he sometimes does where he pulls back as he punches. Even Floyd himself said, “If I had really opened up all the way on Shane Mosley, I would probably have knocked him out.

Back
Top Bottom