Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by blueprynt

I'm not understanding why anyone thinks Floyd will KO Ortiz - Or even any legitimate welterweight contender for that matter.

His last TKO was Hatton (who was way undersized) and before that his last TKO was in 2005!

Will Floyd win the fight? Great chance he will - but when i see people saying he will knock out Ortiz, who has taken power-shots from Berto and Maidana (two KO artist) makes me think they are just talking as brainlessly and silly as floyd does on 24/7.

I can't even recall the last time he hit a welterweight and made them stagger. He knocked a lightweight down in Marquez, and he hopped up before the referee even actually begin counting.

If you are truly boxing fans, i'm not sure what you guys are seeing to make you say that.
You my friend speak the truth.

This is what I said earlier in this thread.  It will go 12 Mayweather will win at the least 9 rounds. I think Ortiz will come out strong and Floyd will have to weather the early storm. So much that Ortiz can take some of the first rounds. But once Floyd settles he will out point him the rest of the fight.

But for a refresher he gets hit flush a ton by maidana and still gets up or doesn't go down.

I'm not understanding why anyone thinks Floyd will KO Ortiz - Or even any legitimate welterweight contender for that matter.

His last TKO was Hatton (who was way undersized) and before that his last TKO was in 2005!

Will Floyd win the fight? Great chance he will - but when i see people saying he will knock out Ortiz, who has taken power-shots from Berto and Maidana (two KO artist) makes me think they are just talking as brainlessly and silly as floyd does on 24/7.

I can't even recall the last time he hit a welterweight and made them stagger. He knocked a lightweight down in Marquez, and he hopped up before the referee even actually begin counting.

If you are truly boxing fans, i'm not sure what you guys are seeing to make you say that.
You my friend speak the truth.

This is what I said earlier in this thread.  It will go 12 Mayweather will win at the least 9 rounds. I think Ortiz will come out strong and Floyd will have to weather the early storm. So much that Ortiz can take some of the first rounds. But once Floyd settles he will out point him the rest of the fight.

But for a refresher he gets hit flush a ton by maidana and still gets up or doesn't go down.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

My prediction: PBF TKO6 Ortiz .. I just don't see Vic having a chance in there. Floyd Mayweather will control every second of every round. And when that happens, bear in mind, Floyd has not fought in over 16 months.

I think everyone is buying the 24/7 hype and are giving too much credit for Vic as a KO Artist. You would think Floyd was going against Mike Tyson the way some folks are talking. Ortiz' last bouts (besides his stoppage of ancient journeyman Vivian Harris): He went the distance with Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, and Nate Campbell. All of them Floyd would have stopped.

Yall are forgetting that this is only Vic's 2nd fight ever at 147. I'm not saying he's too small (he looked every bit of a welterweight against Berto), but it should be kept in mind.
Reaching

I honestly think Berto at his best is slightly better then Ortiz even though Berto has looked lackluster in his last 2 fights.  And I think Floyd would beat them all....but not stopped them (assuming you mean KO or TKO). 

But I read an article recently on the 5 reasons why Victor has a shot to beat Floyd.  In a nut shell
1. Victor is a high volume puncher:  Floyd is the best defensive fighter in boxing but as long as victor doesn't get discouraged (Shane Mosely) he will throw a lot of punches throughout the fight.  This at nothing else increases his chances of actually landing a solid shot.

2. Victor throws power punches: Of the 281 punches thrown against Andre Berto, an incredible 266 of them were power punches.

3. Victor is hungry: young fighter that has been through a lot to finally get his shot

4.Victor has a great chin: Victor Ortiz took the best shots Andre Berto had to offer and hopped off the canvas as soon as he hit when knocked down.  And if you saw the Maidana fight you know he can take a punch

5.  Floyd may be using this fight as a warm up for Manny : Overlooking Ortiz?
[h2]http://bleacherreport.com...n-upset-money-may/page/6
[/h2]
Not that many of them are great reason's but it wasn't a bad read.  Still have Floyd winning but Ortiz has "a punchers chance" and honestly if he doesn't go into a shell and is willing to get hit i believe it should be at least a very exciting fight.

1. After watching 24/7 I'm still not certain Vic has the stamina to go all these rounds. But thats just me.

2. Berto isn't near the defensive fighter that PBF is, which makes this stat some what bogus but still scary. I wouldn't put it past Vic to get that 1 open window shot on PBF and if he takes it he might stun and open the champs eyes to reality.

3. If hunger were to be graded on 24/7 PBF wins. Vic hasn't really shown much as far as other 24/7 fighters but then again its all edited to make us think what we want to think.

4. no comment

5. Overlooking?! YOu have got to be kidding me. If anything he is so focused on making Vic a fool to test his body and IQ to see if he has what it takes to crush Pac.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

My prediction: PBF TKO6 Ortiz .. I just don't see Vic having a chance in there. Floyd Mayweather will control every second of every round. And when that happens, bear in mind, Floyd has not fought in over 16 months.

I think everyone is buying the 24/7 hype and are giving too much credit for Vic as a KO Artist. You would think Floyd was going against Mike Tyson the way some folks are talking. Ortiz' last bouts (besides his stoppage of ancient journeyman Vivian Harris): He went the distance with Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, and Nate Campbell. All of them Floyd would have stopped.

Yall are forgetting that this is only Vic's 2nd fight ever at 147. I'm not saying he's too small (he looked every bit of a welterweight against Berto), but it should be kept in mind.
Reaching

I honestly think Berto at his best is slightly better then Ortiz even though Berto has looked lackluster in his last 2 fights.  And I think Floyd would beat them all....but not stopped them (assuming you mean KO or TKO). 

But I read an article recently on the 5 reasons why Victor has a shot to beat Floyd.  In a nut shell
1. Victor is a high volume puncher:  Floyd is the best defensive fighter in boxing but as long as victor doesn't get discouraged (Shane Mosely) he will throw a lot of punches throughout the fight.  This at nothing else increases his chances of actually landing a solid shot.

2. Victor throws power punches: Of the 281 punches thrown against Andre Berto, an incredible 266 of them were power punches.

3. Victor is hungry: young fighter that has been through a lot to finally get his shot

4.Victor has a great chin: Victor Ortiz took the best shots Andre Berto had to offer and hopped off the canvas as soon as he hit when knocked down.  And if you saw the Maidana fight you know he can take a punch

5.  Floyd may be using this fight as a warm up for Manny : Overlooking Ortiz?
[h2]http://bleacherreport.com...n-upset-money-may/page/6
[/h2]
Not that many of them are great reason's but it wasn't a bad read.  Still have Floyd winning but Ortiz has "a punchers chance" and honestly if he doesn't go into a shell and is willing to get hit i believe it should be at least a very exciting fight.

1. After watching 24/7 I'm still not certain Vic has the stamina to go all these rounds. But thats just me.

2. Berto isn't near the defensive fighter that PBF is, which makes this stat some what bogus but still scary. I wouldn't put it past Vic to get that 1 open window shot on PBF and if he takes it he might stun and open the champs eyes to reality.

3. If hunger were to be graded on 24/7 PBF wins. Vic hasn't really shown much as far as other 24/7 fighters but then again its all edited to make us think what we want to think.

4. no comment

5. Overlooking?! YOu have got to be kidding me. If anything he is so focused on making Vic a fool to test his body and IQ to see if he has what it takes to crush Pac.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

The last time Floyd fought a southpaw (Zab) he kept his guard pretty high.
I agree. That fight was a great fight and I could swear most fighters would have let the referree stop the fight after the chaos. That fight kinda added more to the respect to PBF. Lost some for the peeps that rolled in which I forget if it was his uncle or dad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

The last time Floyd fought a southpaw (Zab) he kept his guard pretty high.
I agree. That fight was a great fight and I could swear most fighters would have let the referree stop the fight after the chaos. That fight kinda added more to the respect to PBF. Lost some for the peeps that rolled in which I forget if it was his uncle or dad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

This dude stuntin for the troops on 24/7.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Thats my dude... but that was so
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Even I was sitting there like "this N' cant be serious."
I thought it was preety cool to get a tour of his place. Its not every day thing you get the special tour of his palace. Plus they got to drool over, soon to be, Ms. Mayweather. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

This dude stuntin for the troops on 24/7.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Thats my dude... but that was so
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Even I was sitting there like "this N' cant be serious."
I thought it was preety cool to get a tour of his place. Its not every day thing you get the special tour of his palace. Plus they got to drool over, soon to be, Ms. Mayweather. 
nerd.gif

PBF will rock Vic if he does keep his guard up like in secs of that vid 26-28. I feel like PBF will knock Vic down at least 2 times. PBF's counter-punch is something Vic has never seen and will be the last thing he sees. I might be tough on Vic at times and I'm not ruling him out I just think sometimes we forget the small things that both teams have and don't have.

PBF will rock Vic if he does keep his guard up like in secs of that vid 26-28. I feel like PBF will knock Vic down at least 2 times. PBF's counter-punch is something Vic has never seen and will be the last thing he sees. I might be tough on Vic at times and I'm not ruling him out I just think sometimes we forget the small things that both teams have and don't have.

laugh.gif
 ok man, so because people think PBF could KO Ortiz means that they're brainless and aren't true boxing fans.

Yea, he took power shots from Berto.  A guy who puts his punches together great when fighting all the tomato cans he has his entire career but couldn't get sustained pressure on Ortiz without getting cracked back.  Couldn't put 3 punches together and got wild.  It's a different situation when you're getting hit hard once than getting hit with three or four good shots.  He didn't take Maidana's shots.  He ate them and became discouraged after every right hand he took and Maidana didn't land that many shots either and look how that messed up Ortiz's head during the fight.

Ain't no one saying he's going to knock his lights out with one punch, it'll be a parade of rights and hooks that'll catch Ortiz and his lunging/aggressive style all night.  Ortiz has gone down and been hurt a few times in his last few fights.  How is it that farfetched that he gets put down a couple times and doesn't make it back up?  Especially that farfetched to call folks brainless
laugh.gif

What does it matter that Floyd hasn't had a TKO since 05?  He still has that very underrated power in him.  But Berto is a KO artist because he's knocked out highly touted guys like Freddy Rodriguez and Carlos Quintana.  Look at the few names PBF has fought since 05.  Zab who started running after 6 rounds, DLH who decided not to jab and got picked apart (and who's been knocked out only once), Carlos Baldomir who has an iron chin.  He didn't need to knock any of those guys out, they started backpedaling and trying not to get hit the whole fight.

The reason a lot of people are saying Floyd can KO him is because of how aggressive and wild Ortiz's punches have become.  That is an all too real possibility.  And just because he took Berto's punches and survived doesn't mean it'll be the same story here.  It's a totally different beast fighting Andre Berto and fighting PBF.  Berto got wild after hurting Ortiz and got hurt worse himself.  Floyd never puts himself in that position.  If and when Floyd hurts him, he's so damn smart and calculating in the ring he'll find that next spot to hurt him again and put him down.  Plus, Floyd is a little slower now than he was 16 months ago.  He'll have to open up a few times and show Ortiz his power to keep him off of him.

I don't see how ANY of that makes people brainless and not true boxing fans.

BTW, you guys never heard the expression that a fighter that gets up right away and walks to the ref or opposing fighter after getting knocked down is usually more hurt?

laugh.gif
 ok man, so because people think PBF could KO Ortiz means that they're brainless and aren't true boxing fans.

Yea, he took power shots from Berto.  A guy who puts his punches together great when fighting all the tomato cans he has his entire career but couldn't get sustained pressure on Ortiz without getting cracked back.  Couldn't put 3 punches together and got wild.  It's a different situation when you're getting hit hard once than getting hit with three or four good shots.  He didn't take Maidana's shots.  He ate them and became discouraged after every right hand he took and Maidana didn't land that many shots either and look how that messed up Ortiz's head during the fight.

Ain't no one saying he's going to knock his lights out with one punch, it'll be a parade of rights and hooks that'll catch Ortiz and his lunging/aggressive style all night.  Ortiz has gone down and been hurt a few times in his last few fights.  How is it that farfetched that he gets put down a couple times and doesn't make it back up?  Especially that farfetched to call folks brainless
laugh.gif

What does it matter that Floyd hasn't had a TKO since 05?  He still has that very underrated power in him.  But Berto is a KO artist because he's knocked out highly touted guys like Freddy Rodriguez and Carlos Quintana.  Look at the few names PBF has fought since 05.  Zab who started running after 6 rounds, DLH who decided not to jab and got picked apart (and who's been knocked out only once), Carlos Baldomir who has an iron chin.  He didn't need to knock any of those guys out, they started backpedaling and trying not to get hit the whole fight.

The reason a lot of people are saying Floyd can KO him is because of how aggressive and wild Ortiz's punches have become.  That is an all too real possibility.  And just because he took Berto's punches and survived doesn't mean it'll be the same story here.  It's a totally different beast fighting Andre Berto and fighting PBF.  Berto got wild after hurting Ortiz and got hurt worse himself.  Floyd never puts himself in that position.  If and when Floyd hurts him, he's so damn smart and calculating in the ring he'll find that next spot to hurt him again and put him down.  Plus, Floyd is a little slower now than he was 16 months ago.  He'll have to open up a few times and show Ortiz his power to keep him off of him.

I don't see how ANY of that makes people brainless and not true boxing fans.

BTW, you guys never heard the expression that a fighter that gets up right away and walks to the ref or opposing fighter after getting knocked down is usually more hurt?

its not about the ONE power punch like berto was throwing its the simple fact floyd will be hiting ortiz with 3-4 combo punchs all night. when ortiz is tired, and starts throwing wild punchs late in the fight floyd can knock him out?

the hatton fight is the prefect example of how this fight goes.

its not about the ONE power punch like berto was throwing its the simple fact floyd will be hiting ortiz with 3-4 combo punchs all night. when ortiz is tired, and starts throwing wild punchs late in the fight floyd can knock him out?

the hatton fight is the prefect example of how this fight goes.

i cant wait for this fight.... im just that excited i couldnt wait for this week to be over with... i have a wedding on sunday but im still more hyped about the fight lol... but ya i think this will be a good fight... floyd will dominate and it will go the distance... i dont see how you guys think floyd will get a KO... hes not that dude and hes never been that type of dude to knock people out... he wins in decisions always and will in this fight too...

i cant wait for this fight.... im just that excited i couldnt wait for this week to be over with... i have a wedding on sunday but im still more hyped about the fight lol... but ya i think this will be a good fight... floyd will dominate and it will go the distance... i dont see how you guys think floyd will get a KO... hes not that dude and hes never been that type of dude to knock people out... he wins in decisions always and will in this fight too...

laugh.gif
did you not even read what I posted? No one is saying Floyd is gonna knock this kid out in one punch during the early rounds. But Victor is wildly aggressive and Floyd has made a killing destroying guys like that. If all of you dopes keep saying that this will be a typical Floyd fight and he picks him apart then what's to stop him from cracking him a la Hatton. I don't know how no one is seeing that.

Back
Top Bottom